• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Perfect pass install

Rockbtm

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It does work with the older cable motors. Need the servo type for my 08 AR230

RXBoost

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Those of you that have PP in the servo model (older boats), how hard was the install? Im about to pull the trigger, I think.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's relatively easy. 4 hours of basic install, at least 30 members that i know of and no one had major issues, they have good instructions

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just installed mine... it was super easy... the most time consuming is gettting the cables adjusted

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I blame everybody in this thread for the current hole in my wallet. I had called and talked to Perfect Pass early/mid June, and talked to them about the system, but they said their cables were on backorder. The asked if I wanted to be put on a list to be notified when the parts arrive. Of course, I said yes. Yesterday, I got an email, telling me the cables are in, and asked if I'd like to place an order. Of course, I said yes. Why wouldn't I? It's just money, and maybe my marriage... I paid full price, $1295, but I should have it early next week, according to FedEx. Anyone on here have an open spot in their driveway and a spare bed?

RXBoost

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@dgfreeze I also received the email from Gary asking if I still wanted one. I responded yesterday and haven't heard back. I'm nervous they are all sold! I'll give him a call tomorrow.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, that's crazy, he was TOP of it when I was emailing him. After I replied that I would like to proceed, he told me to call them to process payment, and that if he's not in, Carol would be able to help me. I called awhile later, and she took payment, got an invoice today with a tracking number. He did say he'd be headed into a meeting soon after noon. I'd definitely call. Like, first thing in the morning. They might be able to ship it out tomorrow yet...

RXBoost

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Gary responded to my email this morning and said he would call early next week for payment info.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yessir, came Monday. I haven't installed it yet, but I have opened it up and googly-eyed it. Hoping to tinker on it evenings throughout the rest of the week.

RXBoost

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I received the PerfectPass today. Have you made any progress on yours? @Scottintexas are you wanting some lunch and whatever else you can think of one of these days? haha

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's only supposed to be 98 this weekend,

Did you get good installation instructions?
If you need help i can find time,

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh yeah, she's installed. It really isn't hard at all. I won't be able to water test it until next weekend, unfortunately, but I started both engines, and gently revved the engines together, and adjusted the throttle cables to where the RPM's matched up like that. One of the servo knobs was broken during shipping, and they overnighted me a new knob and cable assembly. I am very very happy with the company, and if the system is as good as the company, then I'll be ecstatic!

RXBoost

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@dgfreeze Thats awesome, glad to hear it. I was gonna try to give it a go one/both of the days this weekend.

@Scottintexas Yeah, supposed to be a lot cooler this weekend, ha. The instructions seem good, the pictures aren't great, but maybe there is a good resource on YT I can find. I *should* be able to do it myself as I am pretty handy, but I am also scared of messing something up.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you're capable of changing your own spark plugs, you're capable of doing this. It really is that simple. I'd say I spent just as much time at the dash as I did the engine bay, and it was all very simple. No worries. Honestly, I'd do a walk-through, but I just don't really think it's necessary....lol

RXBoost

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
If you're capable of changing your own spark plugs, you're capable of doing this. It really is that simple. I'd say I spent just as much time at the dash as I did the engine bay, and it was all very simple. No worries. Honestly, I'd do a walk-through, but I just don't really think it's necessary....lol
That's great to hear. I'll probably give it a go tomorrow, or possibly even tonight.

Thanks for the info.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spent more time trying to figure out how the "vampire" connectors worked than the rest of the install,

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Scottintexas I wonder if they've changed the connectors? The ones I got were the style that clamshell over the "donor" wire, snap shut with pliers, and create a female spade connector. They're fairly common in my neck of the woods, but I know how different areas of the country seem to gravitate toward certain styles of things vs others... I only had to use one, for the purple (12V) wire, and was able to just plug the ground directly into the ground wire that I took off the factory speedo gauge. Banged it all out in one evening, with time to spare. That said, I really would like to fabricate a better mount for the servo motors. I do not like them clamped to the exhaust tube like that. Winter project.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My LCD screen is black now. It's still usable but barely. Emailed today to see how much a replacement would be. I see it online at a number of places. Looks like it's around $300. With the GPS antenna going out, and replacing one servo motor, I will have spent around $1,000 in repair/replacement parts over about 10 years.