• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Please can someone help me

Jgonzalez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a jet boat AR 190 with 30 hours when I first bought it it used to run 40 miles with 7 adults on it, we didn’t use it for like 8 months and when used it again it had cero power and it showed on the screen temperature warning so put back in the trailer did an oil change, a spark plug, I connect it to the water hose and worked fine but every time I put it in the water it goes 28 miles or less at 75000 rpms , rpms stay the same and mikes start coming down and as soon as it sucks a little bit of seaweed it losses all power. If someone can help please I’ll appreciate it I live in key west and the closest mechanic is at 2 hours away.Thank you.

Welcome. It sounds to me like you probably have something in the impeller or it’s damaged in some way. Did you check the clean out port? Put the boat on the trailer and get underneath it look carefully in the intake tunnel. Clean this out as best you can. If you’re confident there’s nothing stuck in the impeller, you can try it again or I would pull the pump if I were you so you can get a really good look at the impeller. It’s really not hard to do. Lots of posts on this forum showing you how to do it.

I already cleaned it and checked for anything stuck but I didn’t see anything I guess I’ll have to pull it so I can get a better look at it thanks so much for the quick response.

It’s amazing how much better you can see once the pump is pulled.

Most people complain there 190s are slow as shit with 7 adults on them.

Last edited:
I have a 22 AR 190. There's no way I'm able to run 40 with 7 adults on board.

look up under the boat through the intake grate and look for trash or fishing line etc. and also check the drive shaft for anything wrapped around it you have cavitation and that is usually caused by trash in the pump or around the drive shaft.

I have a jet boat AR 190 with 30 hours when I first bought it it used to run 40 miles with 7 adults on it, we didn’t use it for like 8 months and when used it again it had cero power and it showed on the screen temperature warning so put back in the trailer did an oil change, a spark plug, I connect it to the water hose and worked fine but every time I put it in the water it goes 28 miles or less at 75000 rpms , rpms stay the same and mikes start coming down and as soon as it sucks a little bit of seaweed it losses all power. If someone can help please I’ll appreciate it I live in key west and the closest mechanic is at 2 hours away.Thank you.

Attachments

• 92ECB243-A0AC-44D0-92B6-CB7A92755748.jpeg
    92ECB243-A0AC-44D0-92B6-CB7A92755748.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 54
  • A8205986-FA8F-4379-BF08-363FF77449BA.jpeg
    A8205986-FA8F-4379-BF08-363FF77449BA.jpeg
    306.3 KB · Views: 55
I found this it feel like sand but don’t want to coming off nothing else the rest it is perfect

Welcome. It sounds to me like you probably have something in the impeller or it’s damaged in some way. Did you check the clean out port? Put the boat on the trailer and get underneath it look carefully in the intake tunnel. Clean this out as best you can. If you’re confident there’s nothing stuck in the impeller, you can try it again or I would pull the pump if I were you so you can get a really good look at the impeller. It’s really not hard to do. Lots of posts on this forum showing you how to do it.

Attachments

• A0C0C384-A805-4ECC-BB02-520C5FDA7674.jpeg
    A0C0C384-A805-4ECC-BB02-520C5FDA7674.jpeg
    327.1 KB · Views: 54
It looks like liner is gouged up pretty good.
May need replacing

I found this it feel like sand but don’t want to coming off nothing else the rest it is perfect

Hard to tell from the pics but I’d say the impeller looks ok but the liner doesn’t look great. Hopefully people who have had liner problems or replaced them can comment. I haven’t had to yet.

Since pump is out, replacing it isn't too bad. I had a local shop replace the impeller and ring for $80 (labor only, I provided parts)

I have a 22 AR 190. There's no way I'm able to run 40 with 7 adults on board.
Same with a '17 AR190. 4 adults 3 kids on board. Top speed was 38 at sea level in the gulf. I've 6 adults and monster Yeti on the swim platform and ran 37. Bow weight kills the speed on this hull, and there aren't enough seats to keep people out of the bow beyond 5 persons.

It has to be two persons or less on a cool (dense air) day to get above 40. Even then I've only seen 43 once in 7 seasons.

Hard to tell from the pics but I’d say the impeller looks ok but the liner doesn’t look great. Hopefully people who have had liner problems or replaced them can comment. I haven’t had to yet.
Do you think it will affect the performance?

Same with a '17 AR190. 4 adults 3 kids on board. Top speed was 38 at sea level in the gulf. I've 6 adults and monster Yeti on the swim platform and ran 37. Bow weight kills the speed on this hull, and there aren't enough seats to keep people out of the bow beyond 5 persons.

It has to be two persons or less on a cool (dense air) day to get above 40. Even then I've only seen 43 once in 7 seasons.
At least you get 37 I don’t even get 28 , all you are talking about is the speed I’m not worry about speed is just that the boat has no power

At least you get 37 I don’t even get 28 , all you are talking about is the speed I’m not worry about speed is just that the boat has no power

Did you run aground before storing for 8months? It just wouldn't over heat 8 months later but the signs are there as you mentioned you got boat used.

Are you able to get on plane or does it cavitate where you throttle up? Are you turning 7800rpms
My boat does 45 with 4 people all in the back of course. As mentioned before weight on the bow scrubs a lot of speed but boat will have power to get on plane

When I got new impeller and liner I gained mph and couple rpms but newer boats are know to be heavier and thus slower but you were seeing 40

My bet is on liner and clearance out of specs.

If you're getting appropriate revs from the engine, then you have a traction problem. We call that cavitation. It's where the impeller spins, but doesn't create any pressure in the pump.

Usually it's caused by the leading edges of the impeller being damaged, there being air sucked in through a poorly sealed intake tunnel, or debris in the pump.

I'll get some links for you when I'm back to a PC.

it showed on the screen temperature warning so put back in the trailer did an oil change, a spark plug, I connect it to the water hose and worked fine but every time I put it in the water it goes 28 miles or less at 75000 rpms

One other thing to check, as you mentioned a temp warning, it is worth pulling your intake screen and cleaning. Be sure that the motor is pissing water while in the water. pissing while on the hose does not allow you to know if there is a blockage on your intake. But a blockage will cause a temp warning and put the boat in limp mode.

Surprisingly, it does not take long to get an engine up to temp, and over temp if it is not cooling properly. I'm not saying it is the cause of your cavitation, as you may have issues there as well. But you do need to address the reason that your boat gave a temp warning as well.

Good luck!

Back