• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD Plug and Play Push Button Start/Stop Kits

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Limited time and quantity pre buy with only 5 units being custom made at this time! I have developed and tested a new single unit Push Button Start/Stop kit for 2015 plus twin engine boats. The kit includes custom made plug and play T harnesses that plug directly into the factory harnesses in the helm behind the ignition switches and plugs for the buttons. The harness are male/female type with top and bottom indexing slots so you can't go wrong. Mount the unit behind the helm and buttons on the dash then just plug in the connections which include the 12 pin ignition plug, 2 pin key on plug and 2-5 pin button plugs. No soldering. No wire taps. No splicing. The keys will work as they have always worked and the push button start stop will not function unless the keys are on.

My 15 year old son who is an aspiring engineer will be doing most of the work under my supervision and each harness and unit will be bench tested by me. My motivation for this is that will be both making money and developing skills with something that would not be a cost effective expenditure of my time. If he should become unable or unwilling to complete work then I will step in. We are not starting a business but rather offering one off custom wiring work and will see where it goes from there. the fuses in your boat already protect everything related to the ignition and there is an inline fuse included on the unit to protect it. Should anything ever go wrong which I don't anticipate but we should all be prepared for the keys will function as normal and if that does not work the T harness can be unplugged without tools. Unfortunately we can not make any warranties.

$199 plus free shipping in the US. PM me to secure your unit and once ready for shipment I will contact you via PM with payment details. The kits will be ready for shipment before the end of April and just in time for the season.

I may offer again in the future including for older models with the dual 6 pin harnesses depending on how this goes.

Benefits/Features of Push Button Start Stop Kit
  • Single short press of start button starts both engines in sequence
  • Single short press of stop button stops both engines instantly
  • Keys must be in on position
  • Radio stays on when engines are stopped instead of turning off like the keys
  • No more long beep many times a day from turning the keys on and off
  • Easy operation for non-primary operators
  • 100% original function of keys, neutral safety switch, lanyard safety switch, and bilge hatch safety switch
  • Taking throttles out of neutral or removing the lanyard safety will disable curious fingers from accidentally starting
  • The circuit boards receive a coating of urethane seal coat to protect from moisture.
  • Wire is silicone sheath individually tinned strands (marine wire)
  • Final kits will have hot glue applied to the screw terminals and wires on the controller ensure they do not come free over time.

IMG_0013.jpg IMG_0012.jpg

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is there a sequence were you would be able to run on a single engine? Like for engine flushing or a mechanical issue or is that controlled at the keys?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is there a sequence were you would be able to run on a single engine? Like for engine flushing or a mechanical issue or is that controlled at the keys?
To run only one engine just use the keys.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Limited time and quantity pre buy with only 5 units being custom made at this time! I have developed and tested a new single unit Push Button Start/Stop kit for 2015 plus twin engine boats. The kit includes custom made plug and play T harnesses that plug directly into the factory harnesses in the helm behind the ignition switches and plugs for the buttons. The harness are male/female type with top and bottom indexing slots so you can't go wrong. Mount the unit behind the helm and buttons on the dash then just plug in the connections which include the 12 pin ignition plug, 2 pin key on plug and 2-5 pin button plugs. No soldering. No wire taps. No splicing. The keys will work as they have always worked and the push button start stop will not function unless the keys are on.

My 15 year old son who is an aspiring engineer will be doing most of the work under my supervision and each harness and unit will be bench tested by me. My motivation for this is that will be both making money and developing skills with something that would not be a cost effective expenditure of my time. If he should become unable or unwilling to complete work then I will step in. We are not starting a business but rather offering one off custom wiring work and will see where it goes from there. the fuses in your boat already protect everything related to the ignition and there is an inline fuse included on the unit to protect it. Should anything ever go wrong which I don't anticipate but we should all be prepared for the keys will function as normal and if that does not work the T harness can be unplugged without tools. Unfortunately we can not make any warranties.

$199 plus free shipping in the US. PM me to secure your unit and once ready for shipment I will contact you via PM with payment details. The kits will be ready for shipment before the end of April and just in time for the season.

I may offer again in the future including for older models with the dual 6 pin harnesses depending on how this goes.

• 100% original function of keys, neutral safety switch, lanyard safety switch, and bilge hatch safety switch
  • Taking throttles out of neutral or removing the lanyard safety will disable curious fingers from accidentally starting
  • The circuit boards receive a coating of urethane seal coat to protect from moisture.
  • Final kits will have hot glue applied to the screw terminals and wires on the controller ensure they do not come free over time.

View attachment 70372 View attachment 70373
What a fantastic idea - so happy you can make it available.
I never had the guts to try to follow your DIY manual for that mod - having a kit is brilliant!

I hope you pay your workers more than a minimum wage, lol.
My 16yo daughter makes a buck lifeguarding and giving private swim lessons. Hmm.. you make me rethink it.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

View attachment 70372 View attachment 70373
PM sent! I want one, pleeeese!

--

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What a fantastic idea - so happy you can make it available.
I never had the guts to try to follow your DIY manual for that mod - having a kit is brilliant!

I hope you pay your workers more than a minimum wage, lol.
My 16yo daughter makes a buck lifeguarding and giving private swim lessons. Hmm.. you make me rethink it.

--
4 left. My son will be taking in 100% of the profits. He is being stongly encouraged to split it as 25% spending, 25% car savings, 25% general savings, and 25% towards a parent directed investment portfolio. With his 25% spending cash he wants to take his girlfriend to the movies and buy a bluetooth amp to power some 6x9s and a sub that I gave him that we are going to build boxes for together. I am sure I am going to regret him having that in his room but glad he is taking intrest in doing things with me at his age.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is such a great feature, so the Connext does not re-boot every time you stop for a break! - when we wake or surf board and stop, whoever is driving will invariably turn the engines off, the whole system goes off. I don't like it but it is hard to explain - how not to do it.

--

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How did these not sell out in the first hour?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scottie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
PM sent

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How did these not sell out in the first hour?
I'm shocked too. I finished wiring mine up the hard way a day or two before this announcement. I'd have paid $200 in a heartbeat I think.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
PM sent

Bearsar240

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That bums me out. I think I sent a PM but not sure how to really send a PM! Maybe next time!

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
PM sent yesterday on this, in for 1. Actually have all the parts to do yourself (the original way), PM me if interested in a discounted purchase.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This first go at it is a test run. I am not the type to over commit and need to see how this goes. I am also working with one member who reached out on a pre 2015 model to get the needed data confirmation to produce a first kit for older twin 1.8l models. I am also looking for someone with a current single engine Connext model interested in just push stop which would be useful so everything does not shut off when shutting of the engine. That is really simple and would be cheaper.

I will keep everyone updated on progress (it will take time). In the mean time here is a photo of my son (Joe) who will be doing that vast majority of the work.

DSC_0293.jpg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Working in the 12v as a professional, I am going to go over it with a fine comb! The pictures look great though.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Working in the 12v as a professional, I am going to go over it with a fine comb! The pictures look great though.
I welcome the feedback but do discourage disassebly as each harness and complete kit will be tested by plugging into a purpose built board with a led for each pin. A logic chip outputting to a digital oscilloscope channnel or usb serial to the computer seemed a bit overkill for this and the programming would be a bit over my son’s head at this time so I thought it better to start with the basics.