• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD Plug and Play Push Button Start/Stop Kits

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's what I've been doing.
Same here.

But, I've not been able to impart that knowledge on my other drivers, so far...
Wtih the STOP button - I may have more success!

--

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same here.

--
Probably, I personally think it's a lot more fun pushing buttons than it is turning keys. Probably a life lesson in there somewhere. Lol

I'm one of the lucky ones I guess in that my wife and daughter figured this trick out before I did.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Same here.

--
I still forget from time to time the push button start will be a great add. I would have bought a set as well but if my wife saw how much I spent on mods already this year with trim tab, new sound system, gps, seadek, keel guard and all the other little knick knacks she would kill me so I had to stop for this year.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I still forget from time to time the push button start will be a great add. I would have bought a set as well but if my wife saw how much I spent on mods already this year with trim tab, new sound system, gps, seadek, keel guard and all the other little knick knacks she would kill me so I had to stop for this year.
I read @Mainah description of how the circuit works and a light went on.

Told my wife this a SAFETY SHUTOFF LANYARD BACKUP - and a critical safeguard feature for the boat.

I'm just trying to be responsible, that's all. :cool:

--

Huntersales

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Please let me know if this Mod becomes available again, I followed your thread last year and did the mod and it worked great but was having a issue with it making a loud pop trough the speakers when I pressed the buttons. I currently have it disconnected. I like the looks of your unit and it is solid state! Well done!

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Work has commenced.
D620F003-0337-4533-BC66-33DEEEEB2AC8.jpeg 75A01369-7945-4313-BE65-8F97F755D0EF.jpeg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice! Its good to see someone young actually excited about using their brains and hands to make something

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Quick update. Assembly is completed on the first 5 units. Testing will occur either tonight or Thursday night. I have little doubt they will pass as I inspected at every step but no kit will leave my door until every pin validates and the kit functions as a whole.

Things took longer than expected. One of the things that took longer was using tessa tape before and after the looming was put on. This makes for a better looking harness along with bundling the wires at certain spots to reduce strain on any single one. I want to thank @adrianp89 for making that suggestion as tessa tape is not something I had used before but am glad I did.

Joe worked hard over his school vacation to do this. He still enjoyed some downtime along with an afternoon on the boat. He was frequently held up waiting for me to inspect and while I corrected a couple of things he never made the same mistake twice. I also worked with him a bit and enjoyed doing it.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome, right on time for my spring tune up/get ready for summer trip to the lake in a few weekends.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Great news ! I have no doubt that we are getting a quality product. Thanks to you and Joe.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Can't wait to see how it looks.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Another quick update. Have 4 kits tested and ready to ship. I will be reaching out to those who ordered in order over the next few days. I have one more regular order and a couple of special kits (older model tests) I have worked out as well that are now on hold for replacement fuse holders. I used two different brands and one brand had a build quailty issue with multiple pieces missing one of the spades to hold the fuse not even being in the casing. We replaced those with the better ones. But now I need to get more of them. This was caught during testing.

The good news is Joe did a great job and his only mistake was mislabeling the start and stop button plugs on one kit which was easily caught/repaired during programming and testing and would have only resulted in an end user having to swap the buttons.

I am going let the folks who ordered take “unboxing” and install photos.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
There is a plan to sell as they are complete going fowards. Volume will be very low and sparodic until late summer. With any luck we will be covering all fuel injected models by then too.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice work with your son. Very educational and beneficial for boat owners like myself. You should be proud.

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Mainah, Nice work! Great to see a young guy not on a phone or immersed in video games and getting after it, looks like he's following in your footsteps!

LionShare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
subscribed

T
A
K
E

M
Y

M
O
N
E
Y

$
$
$

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Two quick install notes. A 5/8 drill bit is required to drill holes for the buttons. I recommend split point, split point reduced shank, forstner, or hole saw as paddle bits or step bits may yield poor results and there is not much lip on the buttons.

There are 4 screw holes for mounting the controller which would be the recommended method but high quality double sided tape may also be used. just make sure it is firmly mounted because if it came disconnected it has enough mass to pull wires out of where they should be.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I finished my install today.
In a word - this thing is phenomenal.

I decided to mount mine in a position to make the RED "stop" button most accessible to anyone in the boat - to function as a " backup" of sorts for the safety lanyard.

(This was in line with my initial "safety mod" prevarication I told my wife - telling her this is a safety mod - to justify the purchase; well, turns out, it actually is!)

As I was finishing the install, I'm totally happy, and the wife LOVES the idea she can hit the RED button so easily accessible to stop both engines in an instant.

Here is the finished product, needless to say it works wonderfully - the RED stop button is accessible from anywhere mid-ship:
upload_2018-4-29_23-5-21.png

And here are some install notes:
I pulled the ignition switches plate and the cup holder there - for better access

Tested everything before final install:
upload_2018-4-29_22-58-51.png

I used step drill bit - works awesome

upload_2018-4-29_23-10-49.png

Thank you, @Mainah & Son!

What a great mod.

--

Attachments