• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD Plug and Play Push Button Start/Stop Kits

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Working in the 12v as a professional, I am going to go over it with a fine comb! The pictures look great though.
Why don't you start with the factory harness, lol!

I don't know if you have the Connext with all the voltage reading issues, but man, that is a nightmare.

For me - the @Mainah's team push button system is a godsend, I almost cringe every time the Connext is rebooting itself, the less I do it the better I will feel.

--

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I welcome the feedback but do discourage disassebly as each harness and complete kit will be tested by plugging into a purpose built board with a led for each pin. A logic chip outputting to a digital oscilloscope channnel or usb serial to the computer seemed a bit overkill for this and the programming would be a bit over my son’s head at this time so I thought it better to start with the basics.
No worries... I am not going to go that in-depth lol.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Why don't you start with the factory harness, lol!

I don't know if you have the Connext with all the voltage reading issues, but man, that is a nightmare.

For me - the @Mainah's team push button system is a godsend, I almost cringe every time the Connext is rebooting itself, the less I do it the better I will feel.

--
I have Connext but no issues that I am aware of. I did spend a good hour cleaning up the factory rats nest back there though lol.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have Connext but no issues that I am aware of. I did spend a good hour cleaning up the factory rats nest back there though lol.
Was your voltage displaying start/house batteries correctly from factory? Maybe they fixed that!

--

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Was your voltage displaying start/house batteries correctly from factory? Maybe they fixed that!

--
Well now I gotta go put a meter on the batteries and check it lol. My depth finder gets wonky in shallow water... no idea what could cause that though.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well now I gotta go put a meter on the batteries and check it lol. My depth finder gets wonky in shallow water... no idea what could cause that though.
If you disconnect one of the batteries and still get a reading (not 0.0 v) in Connext... you will know, lol. That was one of @Mainah fixes earlier - posted on the forum.

--

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm interested in this mod and missed out but would definitely get in if you run it again. I only have one concern with this set up, won't the fuel pumps keep running if you hit the off button and leave the keys in the run position to keep listening to the radio.?

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That bums me out. I think I sent a PM but not sure how to really send a PM! Maybe next time!
I'm with you lol. Not sure how to send PM I think it's the start a conversation button but not sure.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If you disconnect one of the batteries and still get a reading (not 0.0 v) in Connext... you will know, lol. That was one of @Mainah fixes earlier - posted on the forum.

--
Well I just switched over to a dual battery set up. Will test it.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm interested in this mod and missed out but would definitely get in if you run it again. I only have one concern with this set up, won't the fuel pumps keep running if you hit the off button and leave the keys in the run position to keep listening to the radio.?
Hmm, I don't think so, those may prime (?) but should not be running... I think the engine must be cranking or running for the fuel pumps to run, but I could be wrong, the fuel pump circuits are a mystery (to me!).

Most of us keep the Connext ON with engines off during breaks anyway. I never heard of any issues with that as far as the fuel system. The Connext system can also be booted/turned ON by holding the SYS button in the Connext panel - without touching the keys.

--

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hmm, I don't think so, those may prime (?) but should not be running... I think the engine must be cranking or running for the fuel pumps to run, but I could be wrong, the fuel pump circuits are a mystery (to me!).

Most of us keep the Connext ON with engines off during breaks anyway. I never heard of any issues with that as far as the fuel system. The Connext system can also be booted/turned ON by holding the SYS button in the Connext panel - without touching the keys.

--
I imagine this system simulates the key process. When you go to press start, it simulates cranking, when you go to off, it simulates the key moving from run to acc. I can't imagine the fuel pumps are affected.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you hit the stop button then turn off the keys wouldn’t you have to restart the connext? Just curious to get around the buzzer.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Mainah if you build more i am in for sure. Let me know.
I am willing to wait

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I imagine this system simulates the key process. When you go to press start, it simulates cranking, when you go to off, it simulates the key moving from run to acc. I can't imagine the fuel pumps are affected.
I'm pretty sure these keys don't have an 'acc' position, IIRC. Off-On-Start. Pressing the stop button is the equivalent of yanking the lanyard - stops the motors, leaves everything else on. I think as in any other fuel-injected motor, first time you turn the keys to on the fuel pumps will prime and then go back to standby until required.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

The pumps will not keep running with the mod after the stop button is pressed or with the engines off and the keys in the on position on 1.8l engines. Just to put it aside Connext is 100% separate from the engines. It is a user interface and multi protocol canbus translator. When the key is turned from off to on power a high level signal (+12vdc in this case) is opened to a relay in the ECM which takes very minimal draw to electrify the relay coil to pull in and close the switch within the relay that then draws power from the main power wire going into the ECM which is feed from the batteries. When the key is turned to the start position this triggers multiple relays in the ECM from the fuel pumps to the starter solenoid, fires the fuel injectors, fires the plugs, and sets the throttle body opening (yes oversimplified a bit). The safety lanyard and key off position are actually the same circuit. When the stop button is pressed, the lanyard is pulled, or the key is turned to the off position this provides a a low level signal (ground) to a circuit in the ECM that kills spark to the plugs, stops the fuel injectors, and then kills power to the fuel pumps which keeps pressure in the fuel line.

I can confirm all of this from the tech manuals which actually detail procedures for testing the relays inside the ECM and from the wiring diagrams that I have. I can also confirm this from the how long I have been using the push button start with countless hours just floating and could never hear a hum from the pumps. I do appreciate folks bringing up concerns or feedback as I am human and capable of mistakes or learning more. I tend to approach things very scientifically and enjoy debates as I usually get to see how someone else is thinking or gain a different perspective. Likewise when folks ask questions it is most usually because they don't know or want confirmation. I tend to over explain as understanding the principle behind something is how I learn.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you all for answers to my questions. I’m just not totally familiar with the boat yet.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Mainah I’d be interested, if you end up going back a few years. ‘11 210.

I see a lot of start/stops in our future with the kiddos.

Stevenpigsooie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m interested 2016 AR 240

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm pretty sure these keys don't have an 'acc' position, IIRC. Off-On-Start. Pressing the stop button is the equivalent of yanking the lanyard - stops the motors, leaves everything else on. I think as in any other fuel-injected motor, first time you turn the keys to on the fuel pumps will prime and then go back to standby until required.
The key has a run position similar to a acc spot. The same happens if you turn an engine off then put the key back in the run/acc spot then turn the second key off the conext system will stay on instead of turning off.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The key has a run position similar to a acc spot. The same happens if you turn an engine off then put the key back in the run/acc spot then turn the second key off the conext system will stay on instead of turning off.
That's what I've been doing.