• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Possibly some new info on NMEA 2000 compatibility

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I might also be able to see my engine temp, oil pressure, etc. If it is available on the stock system, I have never seen it.

thefastz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I might also be able to see my engine temp, oil pressure, etc. If it is available on the stock system, I have never seen it.
This was my hope as well.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Lowrance Yamaha Engine Interface.jpgLowrance Yamaha Engine Interface.jpg

Has anyone tried this cable or considered it, I read in a couple of other forums that outboard users have been able to use it with the Yamaha command center to connect with Garmin units?

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 74361View attachment 74361

Has anyone tried this cable or considered it, I read in a couple of other forums that outboard users have been able to use it with the Yamaha command center to connect with Garmin units?
I haven't, and I don't think anyone else has, either. Not 100% sure if that cable will fit the plug on our boats and I think thats the holdup, nobody wanted to risk the money to find out. I was looking for something specific made by Yamaha for our boats and when I found out that they dont, I stopped there for the moment and havent searched any farther yet. If you are willing to try it, go for it and let us know.

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
From what I have been advised by Yamaha and Yamaha mechanics Yamaha outboard engines have always been NMEA compatible and that pic is the cable that is used for the onboard motors. For some unknown mysterious reason Yamaha Jet boat engines are not NMEA compatible and that cable will not work on jet engines.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
From what I have been advised by Yamaha and Yamaha mechanics Yamaha outboard engines have always been NMEA compatible and that pic is the cable that is used for the onboard motors. For some unknown mysterious reason Yamaha Jet boat engines are not NMEA compatible and that cable will not work on jet engines.
Hi Hector, I spoke to Yamaha today and they told me that the connext unit on the new 210 FSH "is" NMEA 2000 fully compatible (for whatever is worth, they could be talking out of their butt just to get me out of the way). They did however tell me that I should have the Tech at the dealer contact them and they would tell him how to connect it, they even gave me a case number. Let's see what gives.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I haven't, and I don't think anyone else has, either. Not 100% sure if that cable will fit the plug on our boats and I think thats the holdup, nobody wanted to risk the money to find out. I was looking for something specific made by Yamaha for our boats and when I found out that they dont, I stopped there for the moment and havent searched any farther yet. If you are willing to try it, go for it and let us know.
I think I'll be the Ginnea Pig and put out the 80.00 bucks even if I wind up giving it to a friend if it doesn't work...

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You need the NMEA OUT from the engine...which does not exist.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes, let us know.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Take one for the team buddy! She has hot friends. Lol
Already ordered, but it will probably be a week or so before I can get to trying a connection, will most definitely be updating.

Blair Bakke

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
NA
I am not adverse to making money but personally fail to understand the value of having engine data repeated on a second display. This is not the first post to come around like this so obviously there is a demand that I fail to understand. Kind of like how I fail to understand design compromising engineering yet enjoy beautiful design. Can someone enlighten me to the benefits as they see them. I really am asking and not being a jerk.

I am aware that yamaha outboards are nmea 2k compatible and they have registered their protocols with the association (I have them). The same is not true for the jet engines. My only guess is that it has something to do with them contracting third parties for the jetboat interfaces but still fail to grasp why proprietary.
For many of us that fish from a JetSki we have a GPS plotter and Fish Finder that gets in the way of the display. Like other posts have mentioned, outboard motors come N2k ready to go. I am also seeking to pull the data into my Lowrance HDS9. Unlike the multifunction display on the Waverunners today's GPS plotters have dials and gauges that are way better than the dash indicators. If anyone figures this out please let me know.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Not gonna happen on any Yamaha jetboat and won’t be available unless Yamaha offers NMEA out from future boats or jet engines.

As the poster stated, it’s redundant for most people anyways and just another toy/gadget for people who like to tinker.

I have it on my outboard/Simrad, but I have an actual use for it. Monitor GPH and NMPH while trolling and running to the ledge. I also use it to gauge trim %.

Michael Kay

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mainah I believe the reason people want this is that a lot of the newer high end fish finders/chart plotters can display all the engine data. For me that would mean I could remove the 2 tachs next to my conext screen and flush mount a chart plotter screen and have everything in that screen without having to have it mounted elsewhere. It would be a cleaner install. I could have a split screen with the tachs on one side and gps on the other.
Spot on! I’ve been researching this and keep running into dead ends. For me the driver is to replace the “microscopic” LCD display on my 2011 242 LS. If we ever get access to all of the data then we can replace with a better display.

I know You know

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you try changing the connector to fit the CANB connector in the engine compartment?
Nah, too much trouble all for the sake of getting limited info, which I already have on my GPS unit anyways. For some reason Yamaha does not want these connect units to distribute info to an exterior source as they do with OB motors.