• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post Covid OEM Part(s) Shortage Finally Solved.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With all that is going on with shortages since late 2019 I have had my fair share of long waits. May be others can vent here or help others find what they are looking for.
I have been waiting to change impeller and liner just because but now it has developed a noise so it is a must do. Again, No parts to be found on any big Yamaha dealers!

I waited almost 3 months for cylinder head. Two months for oil cooler and now weeks out for pump parts.

So I hit internet and found the only OEM liner available on ebay for 140 bucks. Not too bad seeing it not available anywhere. The pn# is 66V-51312-01-94 but Partzilla has new one as pn# 6cr-r1312-00 which is less. Just fyi is less expensive

I then searched for impeller and Amazon was only one with "one in stock" for a mere $320 bucks. Ouch! probably spent close to $100 more but its a unicorn to find anything Yamaha.

Once I have everything and apart I'll post the pump removal and have old impeller for sale as its still good "as is" but I wanted all new for work involved.
'

Attachments

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Did you buy the stock impeller or aftermarket?
FYI you can send your original/stock impeller to impros to have it refurbished and/or re-pitched.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did you buy the stock impeller or aftermarket?
FYI you can send your original/stock impeller to impros to have it refurbished and/or re-pitched.
Stock factory 6CW-R1321-01-00

Everything and everyone from what I have read agrees can't beat stock impeller. There are cons to solas but not everyone has bad experiences.
They are probably suffering with employees or shortages in West Coast? I think Dean does it too but fiqured no down time if I got new one and sell old one.

They are like Gold to who ever needs one.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure if it will help everyone on here but Island Racing has parts, sketchy way to order, but you can email them about the parts to make sure they are in stock and will fit your boat. Usually replies within a day via email and it ships within a business day or two and is priority shipping. It’s where I got my intermediate bearing for my AR230.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not sure if it will help everyone on here but Island Racing has parts, sketchy way to order, but you can email them about the parts to make sure they are in stock and will fit your boat. Usually replies within a day via email and it ships within a business day or two and is priority shipping. It’s where I got my intermediate bearing for my AR230.
That is a common comment about them. But most I believe have a Positive transaction until there is a problem. Probably thats why they are strict on you confirming fitment but having to see if really available is becoming a regular thing.

I hate the email days later, Sorry your item is not in stock but I took your money.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a common comment about them. But most I believe have a Positive transaction until there is a problem. Probably thats why they are strict on you confirming fitment but having to see if really available is becoming a regular thing.

I hate the email days later, Sorry your item is not in stock but I took your money.
I emailed first to see if it was in stock then sent another email to order, so definitely do it that way haha (unless you’re talking of another site)! I had a positive experience with them, plan to order a couple more things next year from them to have on hand for sure!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Stock factory 6CW-R1321-01-00

Everything and everyone from what I have read agrees can't beat stock impeller. There are cons to solas but not everyone has bad experiences.
They are probably suffering with employees or shortages in West Coast? I think Dean does it too but fiqured no down time if I got new one and sell old one.

They are like Gold to who ever needs one.
I can’t speak to the single engine boats but I benefitted from replacing my stock impellers with custom pitched Solas. Less cavitation out of the hole and improved top speed by one to two miles per hour. However I’ve had two Solas impellers fail on me (throw one of three blades). thankfully I didn’t give or sell my stock impellers As i was able to dig them out and use them instead. I’ve since decided to stay with them and keep the single Solas impeller i have left as a spare. I’m considering having it repitched and installing it in my gp1800 or my wife’s fx ho, but I’m reluctant to do so because I have never had a stock impeller fail on me And have been through a lot of them, mostly in pwcs, over the last 30 years.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
#Ronnie I have learned some things are just better stock that messing with millions of dollars of engineering for 1mph.

I agree, there are times where it benefits like in high altitude which may affect you, especially in the boat vs your FX. I think you own two. The SVHO would like prop change with tune but stock FX is good out of the box.

I loved my FX but not the SHO part of it. Loved the VXR but riding 2 up and long trips I wanted FX but had to carry gas......

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
#Ronnie I have learned some things are just better stock that messing with millions of dollars of engineering for 1mph.

I agree, there are times where it benefits like in high altitude which may affect you, especially in the boat vs your FX. I think you own two. The SVHO would like prop change with tune but stock FX is good out of the box.

I loved my FX but not the SHO part of it. Loved the VXR but riding 2 up and long trips I wanted FX but had to carry gas......
I went with Solas at a time where I was big into upgrading the boat. Neither of my waverunners has a super charger, I would have loved the improved performance but the cost and potential extra headaches kept me away. now I’m into reliability / durability instead of performance plus I don’t have as much time or motivation to wrench on things that are not broken. That stated, I would not be surprised if the single Solas I have never comes out of the box but I do plan to keep it around just in case I ever need it.

Last edited:

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
^ Agreed.

#Ronnie Make the impeller art. I'm sure its shinny. It would go great over mantle in living room
:greedy:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
^ Agreed.

#Ronnie Make the impeller art. I'm sure its shinny. It would go great over mantle in living room
:greedy:
I was thinking of doing that with the last failed Solas impeller but decided against it since it would constantly remind me of the $400 I spent on it only to replace it with a stock unit.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was thinking of doing that with the last failed Solas impeller but decided against it since it would constantly remind me of the $400 I spent on it only to replace it with a stock unit.
Wanted to keep cracked cylinder head and do something with it but got tired moving it around to take up space.
Was 20 bucks in scrap......

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
remember the pumps on the skies are the same as the boats www.sbtontheweb.com has all that stuff and intermediate bearings and plastic liner sections if you want to do what I do and get rid of the bimetallic corrosion issue and be able to just swap out the liners rather than the entire pump section