• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post Your Summer Boating GoPro Shorts

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Cool Video @Ronnie . And I liked your reaction to going by those older Yamaha jet boats.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just found this video on Facebook from an event I didn't even know was going on.... I don't know who had the drone but they found a great way to end the video I thought!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

We made the trek to Lockport Manitoba. This is where the final dam on the Red River of the North is before it flows into Lake Winnipeg. This is the Channel Catfish capital of the world!

Lets just say i spent some quality time with a pressure washer in the boat when I got home. And my belly looks like I was nailed with a paintball gun a dozen times!!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just found this video on Facebook from an event I didn't even know was going on.... I don't know who had the drone but they found a great way to end the video I thought!

Sweet ending! Is that your Yamaha @PaulyB ? I remember a member posting a photo in one of the threads recently of their red Yammie and had the American Flag like that.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This may not be the right place for my question, but considering gopro's are being used, what are all you using for settings when getting your shots. I just got the Hero 3+ black edition and trying to figure some good settings to use when I'm on the boat. I know much of it has to do with personal preference, but figured I'd ask some of you more seasoned users.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have just bumped up from the 3 White to 3+ Silver. I'm using 1080p at 60fps. I'm very impressed with the quality.

pagekl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ToddW850, that's the same setting I'm using. I moved the fps from 30 to 60, but haven't used it since to see the difference. I also have protune enabled.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is my first GoPro Video.... It's from some Jet Boats running on Lake Anna in Virginia. Once a year this guy throws a huge party and has people bring their big block jet boats out to run out of his cove. There was a pretty cool boat that actually ran on a Jet engine, you can hear it on the video. I have learned that the GoPro isn't that good of a video camera if you arent super close to the action, oh well... Hope you enjoy it anyway!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ToddW850, that's the same setting I'm using. I moved the fps from 30 to 60, but haven't used it since to see the difference. I also have protune enabled.
Many won't see the difference between 30-60fps unless they slow the video down to 30fps during playback. That is when 60fps shines.

I'm with you guys, I shoot it all at 1080 60fps so that I can slow it down when something is worth seeing better. Especially anything with action. We watched our daughter surf behind the boat at quarter speed, and it was amazing watching how every little movement changed the attitude of the board.

I have learned that the GoPro isn't that good of a video camera if you arent super close to the action, oh well... Hope you enjoy it anyway!QUOTE]

Yup, without zoom, you will miss the long range action.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not on go GOPRO, but this is my 10 year old. His first time ever strapping the board to his feet was about 3 weeks ago. This is probably his 12-15th pull ever. Wish I was young again.

Mason Wakeboarding:

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
That's great @redthumper9! Any tips on how you got him up the first time? What worked what didn't. My son is 5 and we are slowly getting him out there. Thought Cable park first prior to behind the boat.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My wife bought me an early birthday present. Now I just need to buy myself some fat sacks as an early birthday present. This is behind an AR192 with 3 adults onboard:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is a short (almost 8 minute) video I threw together (in 4 hours) last night of my brother and I fishing in Cabo last week. If you have never been charter boat fishing, this is a way to see how it works in a very compressed time frame (8 minutes v. 6 or 7 hours).

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife bought me an early birthday present. Now I just need to buy myself some fat sacks as an early birthday present. This is behind an AR192 with 3 adults onboard:

You gotta love a woman like that!! Best tip to give until you get fatsacks, Slow the boat down, 15mph seems a common speed. Your boat may vary.

If the starboard side is your preferred side, get everyone on that side of the boat, and have your wife turn right constantly. That will increase your chances of getting a bit of a smooth curl that you can possibly surf without a fatsack.

Good luck!

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@GiddYupJoe .......sorry I'm just getting back to you. I wish I could help you. I bought my sons a Hyperlite Motive 119 this winter. The first weekend we were on the boat a few weeks ago, he said he was ready to try. I sat on the swim platform with him and explained a few things. He got up his first pull and has not looked back. I watched a video one time on youtube and I remember them saying crouch in the water, wrap your elbows around your knees and go. I just told him not to try to stand too early. Apparently, for once, he listened. I have a 6 year old that tried for the first time this week. He stood up a few times, but immediately lost his balance and fell. We have never tried tube or beach starts......all deep water.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@GiddYupJoe , I "cheated" by putting one of these together. Works but it is a crutch. So ....

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@GiddYupJoe

Here is a tip video from Shaun Murray world champ wakeboarder (just saw him compete in anj / American ninja warrior.