• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post Your Summer Boating GoPro Shorts

john94si

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There are a few waterproof drones out now.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lol and agree on the fly it outside advice. The phantoms don't have obstacle avoidance sensors/ functionality. My buddy found out the hard way on his new leather couch. After his mishap his wife made him sleep on the couch he messed up for a few nights.

I've seen a few water tight quad copters on you tube but most were custom built and don't have the same/all of the features of the phantoms.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just scored a similar setup and made the mistake of flying it in our living room. Vaulted ceilings or not, and plenty of simulator time, but flying indoors gives you no GPS assistance to flying. Keep it outside and save the sheet rock. This is what ours looks like!! HA!

I hope to be posting my Phantom 2 videos very soon!
Nice! It definitely isn't made to be flown indoors. I have had small quads for several years (probably a total of 6 of them off the top of my head). Flying the phantom after learning on those has been almost like going back to riding a bike with training wheels on it. They are super easy to fly, but you still have to pay attention. Here's one of my first outings, thankfully nothing was hurt but my pride.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I had the opportunity to take the family camping this past weekend for the first time. Still a little cold to boat so it was a nice little get-a-way. Needless to say they all had a blast. I envy all you guys that get to do this anytime you want outside of your boating!

Check out the video of our weekend.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great video as usual @GiddYupJoe . I can't even imagine camping in such wide open space. The campgrounds here in ncal, at least the ones I've been to, don't look like that at all.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice! It definitely isn't made to be flown indoors. I have had small quads for several years (probably a total of 6 of them off the top of my head). Flying the phantom after learning on those has been almost like going back to riding a bike with training wheels on it. They are super easy to fly, but you still have to pay attention. Here's one of my first outings, thankfully nothing was hurt but my pride.

OMG, you were rockin' when you hit that barn! Amazing to still be smiling and the gimbal still working!

I made it out this past weekend and shot my first flight video. It is over water, so it's semi boat related. I think we will have some great times shooting the boat this summer. I plan on putting the RC boat in the pond out back and practicing my boat filming skills.

You are right, with the flight controls offered with these new DJI phantoms, they are easy to fly if paying attention.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One practice tip I will offer up is to practice flying around your car in an empty or close to empty parking lot. If you can have someone drive the car slowly while you fly. Flying from a moving vehicle is a lot different than flying from a fixed spot.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok first I admit I didn't take or edit this video but I wish I did. I really wish I did. It's on the water and involves wakeboarding. oh, the boat is nice too, not mine though.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I am such an old man. I kept thinking.... Those girls should have life jackets on, no they shouldn't! Yes they should, no they shouldn't! OMG. That was a rough gig hosting that boat full.

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am such an old man. I kept thinking.... Those girls should have life jackets on, no they shouldn't! Yes they should, no they shouldn't! OMG. That was a rough gig hosting that boat full.
That was my first thought too when I watched that video because we are always on our kids about putting on their life jackets. Then I came to my senses...they are grown ass adults and can wakeboard and tube all they want the way they want. No objections here. :thumbsup:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok, my turn to post an actual "Boating" GoPro Short. It's about 6 minutes, so hang in there. Don't miss the fly-by at the 4min mark.

Last night was way too nice in Fargo to sit inside. We have had near freezing temps at night and it got as warm as 81 yesterday. So the boat had to go in the river for happy hour with friends. Sorry to say, no fishing was done, but I will have to do that this weekend!

The Red River of the North is a border water between ND and MN. So everyone comes out this time of year as the fishing season does not close. With the warmer water, the Walleyes and Catfish start to bite. This fly-over was just one of the mid-town dams.

Enjoy!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is link to a video I just put together. It is compressed footage of my family's lunch on the water boating excursion last Saturday. Nothing to exciting or different. I brought the quad copter and even the virtual reality goggles (aka SBGs / sexy B goggles) with me but thought it was a little too windy for me to fly, especially since I'm rusty right now at flying the phantom and video editing (so call this practice).

Note this footage was taken on a gopro silver 4 at mid level resolution which was reduced during the editing process to make the completed file size more manageable.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not mine but something to aspire to. Found it on the airdog forum, delivery is delayed until late 3Q15, at least one quarter late. Not much hope I will get mine this year.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The next generation quad copter. A true drone / autonomous flying camera platform.

40 mph top speed with follow me capability, Sonar, etc. Totally programmable. I preordered via a kickstarter campaign, I think I a customer 1250ish.

Here is one of many videos on it.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ok first I admit I didn't take or edit this video but I wish I did. I really wish I did. It's on the water and involves wakeboarding. oh, the boat is nice too, not mine though.

There is a god.

jfkraus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had the opportunity to take the family camping this past weekend for the first time. Still a little cold to boat so it was a nice little get-a-way. Needless to say they all had a blast. I envy all you guys that get to do this anytime you want outside of your boating!
Where'd you go camping? Looks fun! I live in Seattle now, but I grew up outside of Dayton in Yellow Springs. Where do you take your boat?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Where'd you go camping? Looks fun! I live in Seattle now, but I grew up outside of Dayton in Yellow Springs. Where do you take your boat?
We boat up at Indian lake. Wife is from Springfield, what a great place... We were camping down in Miegs County in southern Ohio. Buddy owns some land for hunting. Just outside of point pleasant near the Ohio river.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not mine (again) but i had to post it anyway.

If you enjoy the first back flip keep watching.