• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post Your Summer Boating GoPro Shorts

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not mine (again) but i had to post it anyway.

If you enjoy the first back flip keep watching.

Wow! That was crazy awesome! Looks like a lot of fun.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Took some video while on Vacation down in Rivera Maya and put this together over the weekend. Had a great trip, all the shots were from the Royal Yucatan at Grand Palladium. Top notch place.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Video from charleston run this weekend.

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ok everyone, my first video post. This was shot and edited with my phone, going to need to get the gopro out for the next trip. I'm on the boat with my parents, dad is driving my Yamaha for the first time ever. He has always driven and owned stern drive boats.

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Video from charleston run this weekend.
Nice run -- love the locks!
As I am in the process of trading my jet ski for a boat, your video makes me feel a hint of regret about not having a jet ski in my future. As much as I hate wearing a wet suit and get soaking wet each time (primary reason for the upgrade)...there is something about going very fast very close to the water.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice run -- love the locks!
As I am in the process of trading my jet ski for a boat, your video makes me feel a hint of regret about not having a jet ski in my future. As much as I hate wearing a wet suit and get soaking wet each time (primary reason for the upgrade)...there is something about going very fast very close to the water.
We live in a little warmer weather so no wet suits for us if that was the case i probably wouldn't have them either. We use them to compliment the boat. When we go out on the boat there are usually kids and other families with us all the adults sitting around drinking beer and having a good time but since I was responsible for all those people I couldn't do that so I get my wife to take the ski and when we get to the island to hang out i will go play while they all swim. Last year I noticed more and more that when no one was with us we would just take the ski so we bought a second so I could still play as I couldn't do that with the wife and a 7 year old on it with me lol.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What does it cost, if anything, to use the locks?

I realize price will vary by location but I'm just trying to get an idea of the range since we don't have any here in ncal that I know of.

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is a locks here on Long Island (smaller than robert843's) , especially as far as water height goes but it's competely free of charge.
They make boaters wait until they have enough to fill the space, then open and close the doors as needed and you're off. I did it on my ski and it was a unique adventure.

Last edited:

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We live in a little warmer weather so no wet suits for us if that was the case i probably wouldn't have them either. We use them to compliment the boat. When we go out on the boat there are usually kids and other families with us all the adults sitting around drinking beer and having a good time but since I was responsible for all those people I couldn't do that so I get my wife to take the ski and when we get to the island to hang out i will go play while they all swim. Last year I noticed more and more that when no one was with us we would just take the ski so we bought a second so I could still play as I couldn't do that with the wife and a 7 year old on it with me lol.
Robert since you live in SC, tell me, what's the boating weather like? We live by the same ocean, I'm just 1000 miles up north. What day in the spring is your first jet ski ride, and what day in the fall is your last one?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Robert since you live in SC, tell me, what's the boating weather like? We live by the same ocean, I'm just 1000 miles up north. What day in the spring is your first jet ski ride, and what day in the fall is your last one?
First day on the water on a ski this year was in early March weather wasn't perfect that day but sunny and 68 degrees. Last years last ride was in October 82 degrees water was still in the 70's

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What does it cost, if anything, to use the locks?

I realize price will vary by location but I'm just trying to get an idea of the range since we don't have any here in ncal that I know of.
The one we went through doesn't cost anything to use.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure where else to post this, but this thread seemed like a good place.

GoPro will send you free stickers if you request them here: https://gopro.orderingstore.com/

I got mine in the mail last night. I requested them about a month ago, so don't be in any hurry.

gopro stickers.jpg

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
OMG, we finally had some boating weather over Memorial Day weekend. It was chilly, but we got the dock and lifts in! And the boat out.

Of course the girls got some tubing in, even though the water was well below normal temps. One bail off the tube, and that ended real quick. Mother nature is really messing with us now. As we were over 80 degrees yesterday, and now we are supposed to have a low in the 30-40's tonight. Grrr!!

I also seem to have patented the GoPro Scrunchy Nose! That's the image you get when looking at your GoPro to determine if it is recording or not. Everyone has them, and most edit them out. I tend to leave them in, as I am always behind the camera.

I have a series of them on Facebook, and it makes my friends and family giggle when I post the latest GoPro Scrunchy Nose!!

Enjoy!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Love the video, especially the mix of pics and transitions.

I guess you don't like to use the other led indicators to determine if the go pro is recording.

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the kind words. Honestly, I never seem to look for the LED's on the cam. I should, but they are sometimes hard to see in bright light.

When I wear it on my sled helmet, I can hear the audible beeps.

I did do my first night flight this past Friday night. It was pretty much dark on the ground at 10pm. But up around 200m above the ground, the sunset was cool

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Thanks for the kind words. Honestly, I never seem to look for the LED's on the cam. I should, but they are sometimes hard to see in bright light.

When I wear it on my sled helmet, I can hear the audible beeps.

I did do my first night flight this past Friday night. It was pretty much dark on the ground at 10pm. But up around 200m above the ground, the sunset was cool

@biffdotorg i also have a collection of gopro "schrunchy nose" footage! Almost every time I turn the thing on! Maybe I will edit one or two in next time.

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I want a drone badly......your pictures aren't helping, LOL

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Finally a new boating video of my own to post. Not much to say other than it was the first time I took my son out on the waverunners alone since we had his tuned up. It was very windy but my son handled it better than most of the guests I've taken jetskiing in the same conditions. This time we even went to check out the wind and kite surfers.

I also thought some of you might find the attached pic interesting, it reflects what countries the video is banned from being viewed in because I have 3rd party content/music on it. This is what it says before I file a dispute which I am not sure I will even bother to do this time around.

upload_2015-6-10_6-43-14.png

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like you had an awesome time. I miss my Waverunner.