• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post Your Summer Boating GoPro Shorts

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Thanks @Ronnie I never even thought about the pool training aspect. Solid idea.

And.... Now back to gopro videos. Hijack over!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have video to come, but I took some frame grabs from the GoPro this weekend. We used a floaty door and floaty stick so we could toss the camera around the boat and in the water.

We have some silly girls, and sillier dogs that had a great time! Just another crappy day in Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Landings and Sandbars!

I was also scoping out a river for a potential tube float this coming weekend. I wanted to be sure it had a channel the whole way to the next lake before we got ourselves stuck in a leech infested slew! I think we are good.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not my video but a short one I wanted to share. It's a Waterspout that went right across Crab Island today in Destin.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not my video but a short one I wanted to share. It's a Waterspout that went right across Crab Island today in Destin.

We were right there 2 weeks ago. We went out on the Dolphin and snorkel tour that leaves the building this was filmed at.

That boat that it goes directly over at 34 seconds probably got a good scare.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We were right there 2 weeks ago. We went out on the Dolphin and snorkel tour that leaves the building this was filmed at.

That boat that it goes directly over at 34 seconds probably got a good scare.

@Volffas did you bring your boat here to Destin too? Or just a vacation? @Helipilot11 and I met up 2 weeks ago at Crab Island in the path where this went.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Volffas did you bring your boat here to Destin too? Or just a vacation? @Helipilot11 and I met up 2 weeks ago at Crab Island in the path where this went.
We left the boat at home. We actually stayed on Santa Rosa Island just down the road from Destin, but we did the Dolphin and Snorkel Cruise out of the building where they filmed the video and we went right past Crab Island. We had a wonderful trip!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm digging it! Good fun with friends. I may have to put a GoPro mount on the board for some new angles. Of course, I am all for being "that dork" that would put the chesty on for some first person views of the fire hydrant you are facing when surfing! It's a little intimidating.

Keep 'em coming!
I've worn the GoPro on my head, and put it on the board. Both make some pretty decent video.

Here's the one from my head.

And here's how you look like a fool by putting a floaty on your head strap. The good news is that it holds your sunglasses in place really well!

headstrap with floaty.jpg

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We left the boat at home. We actually stayed on Santa Rosa Island just down the road from Destin, but we did the Dolphin and Snorkel Cruise out of the building where they filmed the video and we went right past Crab Island. We had a wonderful trip!
Good deal. Glad you had a good time.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

What was flying through the air near you at the end of the video?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What was flying through the air near you at the end of the video?
Hey Murf, this video was taken where I live and boat, but not my video. Those thing flying around are the cushions and chairs from the pool deck that's below this guy's balcony.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My latest short, a few highlights from yesterday's boating trip at Lake Berryessa. There is a new camera mount perspective starting at about the one minute mark.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You do great editing with your GoPro footage @Ronnie . Wish I was half that good.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just about lost my Phantom this weekend shooting this video.

I forgot to anchor the boat before liftoff, so my Phantom took that location as home. After my filming session, my boat had drifted a 100 yards. When my battery was down to 10% it decided to go up to a safe height and fly back to the center of the lake. Let's just say I hand landed that sucker just as she was coming down within 2 meters of the water!!!

Back to the fun. Here is what I shot on Friday. I think it turned out well. It's nice to shoot in 1080/60 so that I can slow down the action. Pump up the resolution and volume.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@biffdotorg , wow, that is the type of footage I want to get. Great editing too.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the kind words Ronnie! I need to set the limits on my gimbal so that I can keep the landing gear and blade guards out of the shots. But a fun shoot.

If I had shot a little lower elevation, I could have given more of the feel that the boarder was jumping at the camera. I was flying between 12-15 meters. 10 meters would have made a huge difference.

At times, I was 500 meters out, so I was putting a lot of faith in my altitude reading.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I just about lost my Phantom this weekend shooting this video.

I forgot to anchor the boat before liftoff, so my Phantom took that location as home. After my filming session, my boat had drifted a 100 yards. When my battery was down to 10% it decided to go up to a safe height and fly back to the center of the lake. Let's just say I hand landed that sucker just as she was coming down within 2 meters of the water!!!

Back to the fun. Here is what I shot on Friday. I think it turned out well. It's nice to shoot in 1080/60 so that I can slow down the action. Pump up the resolution and volume.

Having just bought a Phantom that's good to know. I only have three battery cycles through mine so far and on the first one I ran it down too low and it auto returned home. I have it set to 150' to clear trees. How did you regain control? Scared the hell out of me when it happened because it went straight up to 150' and I thought I had a fly away on my hands. Of course it landed safely but I was wondering what I would do if I had to land manually for some reason.

GoPro Hero, right? I am a cheap ass and went with a Xiaomi Yi instead. I'll post some video when I get a chance. I brought it with me today on the boat as my waterproof case was delivered this morning. I was cursing it wondering why it wouldn't start recording for half an hour until I connected the phone app to it and realized I forgot the SD card. D'oh!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you power cycle your remote, the copter should allow you to control direction and the speed of it's decent. You cannot increase altitude, or direct it to fly away from the home landing spot.

Thus, I could not redirect it to land where I was, rather go to the home spot on the lake. I cycled the remote and I think I controlled it down to the point where I could reach it. It happened so fast, I was just plain lucky.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
If you power cycle your remote, the copter should allow you to control direction and the speed of it's decent. You cannot increase altitude, or direct it to fly away from the home landing spot.

Thus, I could not redirect it to land where I was, rather go to the home spot on the lake. I cycled the remote and I think I controlled it down to the point where I could reach it. It happened so fast, I was just plain lucky.
Thanks, good info.