• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post Your Summer Boating GoPro Shorts

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice! Thanks for the ride, it's been a long time since I've been out in the ski.

There's always one fisherman to screw up the perfect ride! Lol.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How I started Labor Day Weekend 2015, getting my boat back and stored (both good things).

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is my latest video using only quad copter footage. It's not my boat, it's a rental but my family and I had fun on it as if it was our own. With no gauges, a horn, lights and a top speed of just under 15 mph I call it fully unloaded. Fortunately we brought tunes and navionics.

Last edited:

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here's one I like...taken on the California Delta.
image.jpg

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Finally finished up the video from our last outing. A little background... All of us went to college/high school together and 10 of the 18 all live within two blocks of each other. I feel very fortunate to turn 35 and be able to say this! Heres to summer!

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
great vid!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is a great video. What a good group of friends! I really envy you guys that are allowed to build right up to the edge of the water. In MN, the only folks that have that sort of option my have an old boat house that was grandfathered in before the laws changed. We are not allowed to build anywhere near that close.

Of course, on most lakes in MN, the ice would rip out most of what we built anyway. But just sharing my envy.

charliebravo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This was taken within a few days of purchasing our AR210 (2010). Footage is from Lake Hartwell. Sister's fiance does video professionally and happened to bring along his drone. Lots of wipe outs, as this was the first time anyone had wake boarded:)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Simply AWESOME ! Your soon to be BIL has a lot of will and skill when it comes to taking and editing video as well as nerve to fly his heli so high and above water.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
This was taken within a few days of purchasing our AR210 (2010). Footage is from Lake Hartwell. Sister's fiance does video professionally and happened to bring along his drone. Lots of wipe outs, as this was the first time anyone had wake boarded:)

Great first post! Welcome @charliebravo

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That was great. Looks like what happens behind our boat. My family enjoyed laughing with you guys.
Oh the pain when you catch an edge.

charliebravo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That was great. Looks like what happens behind our boat. My family enjoyed laughing with you guys.
Oh the pain when you catch an edge.
That was my oldest daughter getting "power washed", as she put it. Being new to wake boarding, I was also towing them a bit fast, in hindsight. We've since slowed down, producing more wake to jump and a bit less trauma in the wipe outs.

charliebravo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Simply AWESOME ! Your soon to be BIL has a lot of will and skill when it comes to taking and editing video as well as nerve to fly his heli so high and above water.
He dragged a TV down to the dock and was using that for his visual. The actual drone was far out of sight. Impressed that he could keep up with the boat (up to 30 knots at times) while cruising about 15' above the water.

I would not have had the gull to fly 1000$ worth of equipment over a lake. Always nice when your friends are willing to put their assets at risk for your enjoyment/entertainment.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I pull the less experienced at 16-18 mph. My kids have many years boarding and like to be pulled 19-21 mph. I suggest you also try some surfing. It is far less traumatic. Everything happens in slow motion and you can interact with the surfer. But make sure you bring the drone and feed us video!

charliebravo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Right around 18 is where my kids have settled in after trial and error.

Would love to try the wake surfing. The James River runs right around 8' in depth where we boat. I think I read somewhere on here that it's close to an ideal depth.

Don't want to buy too many toys, too quickly, though (spoils the kids). Besides, buying the board naturally leads to buying ballast which then leads to the wake plate add-on:) $$$

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@charliebravo where are you on the James? I live in Northern Virginia, but plan on hitting the James and the Chickahominy up next summer.

charliebravo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In Richmond.

We usually put in at Watkins landing, on the west side of Richmond, and head down stream. The facilities (ramp and dock) at Watkins are fairly new. Watkins also gives you the option of a quick stop at Robius Park (they have a little fishing dock) for bathroom breaks. We've used it more then a few times.

The other choice is Osborne landing, on the south side of Richmond. Osborne has a better dock facility, but the scenery is not quite as nice as Watkins. Ozborne gives you the choice of heading upstream (staying in protected water) or downstream where it eventually opens up into bay like conditions. We tend to stay upstream.

Typically the family chooses Watkins over Ozborne

These are the only two places I've used in my limited experience. We've had the boat for less then six months.

Let me know if I can be of any help.