• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post Your Summer Boating GoPro Shorts

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It's Not quite summer yet and this was not taken on a go pro but it's in the spirit of this thread. Eventhough it was still too cold to get in the water, for my family and I anyway, it felt great to get out on the boat again after a 7 month off-season (my longest in years).

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's Not quite summer yet and this was not taken on a go pro but it's in the spirit of this thread. Eventhough it was still too cold to get in the water, for my family and I anyway, it felt great to get out on the boat again after a 7 month off-season (my longest in years).

You got some really great angles of the boat. I'm not sure I am talented enough to keep that kind of control of a phantom around a moving boat.

Have you tried using any filters to help with the glare from the water?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ronnie have you switched Drones recently. I was wondering as well since this video seemed a bit more washed out. And your gimbal had a couple hiccups in it. Mine will hiccup every so often, but nothing I can't edit out.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks. I bought a 3 pack of various filters but haven't used them yet.

This was taken on the phantom 3 advance not the phantom 4. I haven't used either much in a while so I need to refine the camera and flight settings. During this session the low battery / return to home function activated when the battery had 45% charge remaining. I could control the heli left and right, up and down and could keep it from moving towards the home point buy could not bring it back too me. I had my wife and son drive the boat toward it while I kept it from moving to the home point 2 miles away and in a no wake zone. I caught it by hand on my second attempt (the first time it bounced off my hand and nearly hit the tower) with just 9% remaining on the battery. That all most became a really expensive brunch on the water day. As luck would have it none of the drama was recorded (again it's a setting thing).

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Was that the day you were testing out your new Ultimates and fangs? The reason I ask is if so you had the Ultimates set to rise up at speed and the jet wash looked very clean. I have never seen the back of a Yamaha from that angle when the Ultimate steering was set to go up at speed . So assuming I am correct I am quite pleased with the clean wake no spray etc. I can't wait to see your videos with the fins set to stay down at speed.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. I bought a 3 pack of various filters but haven't used them yet.

This was taken on the phantom 3 advance not the phantom 4. I haven't used either much in a while so I need to refine the camera and flight settings. During this session the low battery / return to home function activated when the battery had 45% charge remaining. I could control the heli left and right, up and down and could keep it from moving towards the home point buy could not bring it back too me. I had my wife and son drive the boat toward it while I kept it from moving to the home point 2 miles away and in a no wake zone. I caught it by hand on my second attempt (the first time it bounced off my hand and nearly hit the tower) with just 9% remaining on the battery. That all most became a really expensive brunch on the water day. As luck would have it none of the drama was recorded (again it's a setting thing).
That exact thing happened to me with my Phantom 2, it was not fun at all. I believe there is an option in the DJI GO app to have the home point where ever the controller is. I am 99% sure I saw that one time when I was playing around. It would be worth looking into.

I bought some filters for my P3 Pro. that I am going to hopefully try out this weekend. I will let you know how they go.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I have heard of this happening several times in boating as the DJI thinks its 2 miles away from where it needs to be. I know there is a button to set the home point to be the the controllers location at that time but I beleive it sets it where the controller is at that moment and leaves it there. So when you move on the boat the home point is still set to where you had set it. Something I have yet to test is trying to set the home point on the controller while moving in other words setting it at the controller on take off then while in flight and moving trying to see if I can set it to my new location so I can keep moving it as the range extends from the original home point.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Was that the day you were testing out your new Ultimates and fangs? The reason I ask is if so you had the Ultimates set to rise up at speed and the jet wash looked very clean. I have never seen the back of a Yamaha from that angle when the Ultimate steering was set to go up at speed . So assuming I am correct I am quite pleased with the clean wake no spray etc. I can't wait to see your videos with the fins set to stay down at speed.
Yes, this was the first time I had the boat out since installing the new fins and fangs, too bad my son decided not to make any turns when he was behind the wheel, go figure. We were under 10 mph most of the time. I had him speed up at the 1:35 mark and sped up the video to keep it short. I don't think he exceeded 30 mph for more than a few seconds, one I told him the quad copter could not keep up.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We all need to plan a weekend on a sandbar of the coast of NC.. Looks like a blast!
It is a blast......we love the salt life! We spend most of our time in the Swansboro/Emerald Isle areas, but most of this video was shot around Sneads Ferry and the southern end of Topsail Island. I've always said a gathering down here would be great. Our schedule just fluctuates so often I'd be afraid I would invite a group and not be able to go myself!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have heard of this happening several times in boating as the DJI thinks its 2 miles away from where it needs to be. I know there is a button to set the home point to be the the controllers location at that time but I beleive it sets it where the controller is at that moment and leaves it there. So when you move on the boat the home point is still set to where you had set it. Something I have yet to test is trying to set the home point on the controller while moving in other words setting it at the controller on take off then while in flight and moving trying to see if I can set it to my new location so I can keep moving it as the range extends from the original home point.
That's exactly it, it is reserving enough battery to get back to the home point. I had the same thing happen to me when I was filming a wakeboard session. I failed to drop anchor, drifted from the home point and I was solo in the boat. So chasing the phantom driving the boat and drifting under it at the very last second to hand-land it. I don't need that stress in my life.

Setting the controller as home would be the ticket. I will have to dig for that setting.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
It is a blast......we love the salt life! We spend most of our time in the Swansboro/Emerald Isle areas, but most of this video was shot around Sneads Ferry and the southern end of Topsail Island. I've always said a gathering down here would be great. Our schedule just fluctuates so often I'd be afraid I would invite a group and not be able to go myself!
Would be awesome if we could put something together.. You def know the area and it would be a blast to see a bunch of yammies tied up on a sandbar..I completely understand the schedule thing.

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Some footage from yesterday out at Bird Island in Orlando, Florida. Good times!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As I was leaving for work Friday morning I decided to take a couple of pictures of our boat sitting in the driveway. Here are the 9,393 pictures that the camera took over the course of the day squeezed in to 5 minutes and 50 seconds. My favorite part of the video is from 3:45 to 3:52 watching my daughter walk around on the boat.

Shot with a GoPro Hero 3+ set on time lapse mode taking a picture every 5 seconds.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is my latest video, taken mostly with a gopro 3 white edition with a little polaroid cube footage mixed in. I had the Phantom 4 onboard charged and ready to fly but it was a little windy that day and I just wasn't "feeling it".

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here are a few blooper clips from this past weekend on the water. What can I say, I was working on two hours of sleep and $hit happens (sometimes consecutively). No one was hurt and nothing was broken so from that perspective these were cheap lessons learned/ relearned.