• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post Your Summer Boating GoPro Shorts

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks @Ronnie . I'll get better the more I do. And I need to hold the camera a little more steady. :(

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Getting ready to try it on the Yamaha but this was a test of the rope mounted go pro. The second two riders the mount came loose so it was swinging around to much but great angle for capturing wake boarding

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Cambo , please post a pic of your rope mount.

Here is a pic of mine, the camera sits on top of the rope and the mount has lead weights in it but it spins uncontrollably during use and I haven't been able to figure out how to fix it.
image.jpg

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The goal was to have something flexible that would not hurt the kids so I used a rubber hose . It did rotate and swing back and forth it was dampened by splitting the hose and wrapping the hose onto the handle. In the video I didn’t have zip ties and it popped off on the second two wakeboarders ,if you look closely at the video you can see it hanging off . The third boarder to go didn’t realize it was more stable when the camera was hanging down you can invert the video with the recording option or edit it later. The go pro was zip tied to the hose. Distance from the handle was 4 feet this seemed to catch most of the boarder on the video you can see me adjust the angle twice

Attachments

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the explanation. Your footage looks good but I'd like to get it with the camera over the rope so that the rope is not in the way. I think I have to keep tinkering or look for a ready made mount as I don't see any easy way to modify your mount to make it do what I want.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not me in the Vid but this was a very stable mount considering he jumped . They used a pvc tube and somehow secured to the handle not allowing rotation

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
All these years I never got real into all the video settings/options/editing but I want some cool videos this summer. So here's my first real crack at it! (I wish I stabilized every clip but it wouldn't really let me)

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
All these years I never got real into all the video settings/options/editing but I want some cool videos this summer. So here's my first real crack at it! (I wish I stabilized every clip but it wouldn't really let me)
Looks good @DJMattyT! The next one you do, try beat mapping the music so you can cut at the same time the music changes. Adds a level of finish to the video. Once you get the hang of it you will be addicted. I'm pumped for our upcoming trip to Norris lake and what I may be able to pull off. Haven't made a video yet this season. Looking forward to the edit.

What software did you use?

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looks good @DJMattyT! The next one you do, try beat mapping the music so you can cut at the same time the music changes. Adds a level of finish to the video. Once you get the hang of it you will be addicted. I'm pumped for our upcoming trip to Norris lake and what I may be able to pull off. Haven't made a video yet this season. Looking forward to the edit.

What software did you use?
I shoot on 1080p Superwide 60fps and edit on Adobe Premier CS6. I might be picking up a new gopro this week as a secondary (for when I ride motorcycles with my old man)
Billy10.jpg PJ6.jpgBIKEgo3.jpg

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I shoot on 1080p Superwide 60fps and edit on Adobe Premier CS6. I might be picking up a new gopro this week as a secondary (for when I ride motorcycles with my old man)
View attachment 41947 View attachment 41948View attachment 41949
You are a better man than I! I have premier CS6 but have not had the time to sit down and figure it all out yet! I'm still stuck on the ease of iMovie. Looking forward to the next one from ya. Ocean boating looks amazing.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well this is not GoPro footage as I didn't have one at the time. This is some thrown together footage from the first day I drove across the state to pick up my new boat, to our maiden voyage on the our favorite lake to our beach vacation to Florida this week.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I took my father out on the boat today and we had a blast just cruising not around our old lake. He hasn't been there in probably 20+ years and it bright back lots of memories. Love this boat! He really loves the boat too and was surprised when I did a hole shot hehe. I could tell he missed driving a boat. His ole bay liner needs so much work to get it on the water again but maybe this will inspire him to fix it up.....or buy a Yamaha! .D

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I took my father out on the boat today and we had a blast just cruising not around our old lake. He hasn't been there in probably 20+ years and it bright back lots of memories. Love this boat! He really loves the boat too and was surprised when I did a hole shot hehe. I could tell he missed driving a boat. His ole bay liner needs so much work to get it on the water again but maybe this will inspire him to fix it up.....or buy a Yamaha! .D

Time to grab on to something and hold tight when pops flips his hat around!!:)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Heh yea he liked opening it up a bit. :winkingthumbsup"

I'd love to have a bit more top end and get more than 7200 RpM but need a ribbon delete I think. Maybe in the off season I'll look into it.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Heh yea he liked opening it up a bit. :winkingthumbsup"

I'd love to have a bit more top end and get more than 7200 RpM but need a ribbon delete I think. Maybe in the off season I'll look into it.
only 7200rpm? it must be the s/c engine thing... my 1.8HO went 7350 and with ribbon delete went to 7650 (single engine 190)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
only 7200rpm? it must be the s/c engine thing... my 1.8HO went 7350 and with ribbon delete went to 7650 (single engine 190)
It appears to be an S/C thing. Part of it due to heat soak I guess and the other part from the flame arrestor restriction.