• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post Your Summer Boating GoPro Shorts

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just posted this to an older thread up that should probably be deleted since the initial links to other videos are now dead.

Anyway, here more footage I got last weekend. This time with a filter on the phantom 3's quadcopter camera. I also used an older gopro 3 white edition to capture some of the footage. I just haven't had the nerve to fly the phantom 4 over water yet (still need to add floatstion and the replacement cost is always at the back of my mind) and the gopro 4 is a better camera but it burns through batteries a lot faster as well.

Hope you enjoy it.

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nice! What setup are you using? Tablet and FPV goggles? I need to stop using my phone and get a cheap tablet.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks. It was a great day on the water with my family.

The set up is an phantom 3 advance and an nvidia tablet connected via hdmi cable to Carl Zeiss fpv googles. Im still getting used to the goggles as I usually fly by line of sight.

Can't wait until the next time out, gonna be boating and flying near a wind farm.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is one that includes wake boarding, knee boarding, surfing and body boarding all without a boat, river or ocean. Watch and you'll understand. All filmed on a GoPro 3+ White edition.

JTC1016

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My family got me a MHD action camera from monoprice for father's day. We took it out and played around with it a little bit yesterday and had a great time. The video quality is much better than youtube will translate. Also, forgive the editing. It's the first time I've done that too.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Took the boat into the Atlantic Ocean on Father's Day to watch the Ocean City Air Show featuring the USAF Thunderbirds. A rough ride out, a great show, and a cruising with dolphins on the trek home. A bit lengthy.

arlowe13

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some shots from the Madison Regatta Unlimited Hydroplane boat race.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Some clips of my son and I from this past 4th of July weekend. I can tell by the video quality that its time for me to start using the GoPro 4 Silver instead of the 3 White going forward.

arlowe13

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some wipeouts on the tube from yesterday.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice reminder that the most entertaining moments we have had on the water have been related to tubing. Lots of laughs in the boat and on / off of the tube.

Last edited:

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well, it's taken me all these years, but I've finally started my YouTube channel to post some of my GoPro videos.

This one is a little late, but it's of the Blue Angels in Pensacola last year, 2015. Only a few of the flyovers, to keep it short.

And that's @Helipilot11 anchored up behind me.

Hope one day to be as good at editing as @Ronnie @1948Isaac @JetSet407 and some of you other guys. Y'all have set the bar high.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ToddW850 , congrats and nice first clip. I can't get anything like that here in NorCal. The Angels don't fly directly over the boats which are kept outside of the box / path that the Angels fly in.

As for editing I'm still a rookie compared to the members you mentioned and @GiddYupJoe . I just got a mac book pro and the latest editing software for my son so I'm hoping to be able to give him the raw footage along with the "make it so/ make it happen" instructions soon.