• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post Your Summer Boating GoPro Shorts

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Volffas what did you use to piece it together? I tried this winter and had the time laps set at 6sec and I eneded up with about 4000 individual pictures. iMovie would have made me import each picture from what I could see.
I used GoPro Studio to edit the video. When I imported the pictures it kept them all as one long slideshow. All I had to do was decide how fast I wanted the pictures to move along, slap on a song and publish to youtube. It was VERY simple.

If I counted the total time setting up and tearing down the tripod and importing/editing/publishing the video I probably only had about 1/2 an hour total work in the whole thing. Of course I waited 4 hours for the sun to go down and it took a little while for the video to upload to YouTube, but I don't count that time as "work" since I did something else during those times.

Overall I'm very happy with the video and I am looking forward to doing more, hopefully on a day with the big white puffy clouds.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Now I'm trying to figure out when to use video and slow it down v using time lapsed pics. Assuming time lapse is better in some situations because it takes up a lot less memory when compared to video.
I think time lapse is the way to go for most videos that will span a large amount of time and when you won't have any part of it that you would want to slow down. The hardest part of doing time lapse over long periods is keeping the battery charged. You almost have to have it plugged in all the time to do anything more than 4 hours or so.

ripndip

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Here's a weekend in Miami/ Key Biscayne waters :) don't mind the first song :) its gets better I promise Lol
Let me know what you guys think and please subscribe and leave feedback I'm always posting up boating vids thanks for watching !!! :)
YouTube channel is
MIAGOPRO305

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@ripndip, great piece of work. I felt like I just went on the AR192 for the weekend. Funny that the guys do all the work but that is the truth when it comes to setting up camp.

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good video. I recently purchased a go pro hero3 I can't wait to get some video out on the boat with it.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not boating related, but threw this one together really quick from a game we went to this fall. Now I have to start on our Disney video from December!
NC State vs. Florida State with the boys 9/27/14:

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Took my boat out for the first time since water trial yesterday, still figuring things out. New to GoPro but put this together fairly easy. Wife and son enjoyed themselves so thats a big plus!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The Ohio River is still too high and fast for any recreational boaters, but I did find a barge plowing the waters yesterday afternoon.

I can't wait for summer to get here!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally got a machine that can process video in a reasonable amount of time. Here is the first quick video I put together from a GoPro template (using GoPro Studio) - which I discovered half way through that the sounds drops .... and none of my videos had sound worth playing...and you can't modify a GoPro template! Oh Well--I'm learning!!

Enjoy our Turks and Caicos 2014 video!

I am curious now where everyone gets their music to put in their videos if they don't use a template. Using a template was easy, but I wish they'd put a big warning on the one I chose saying "Music drops out in the middle"!

Says it is still processing...so you might not be able to see this immediately.....(more experimenting)

@Julian did you have a filter on your GoPro for the dive footage? My daughter gave me a red filter specifically for diving but haven't yet had a chance to try it out and see the difference.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian did you have a filter on your GoPro for the dive footage? My daughter gave me a red filter specifically for diving but haven't yet had a chance to try it out and see the difference.
I didn't use any filter and did no post processing of the color either. The water in the turks is super clear and I wasn't very deep. I'll be curious to see how your footage looks with the filter. Perhaps try a dive with it and one without?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Ohio River is still too high and fast for any recreational boaters, but I did find a barge plowing the waters yesterday afternoon.

I can't wait for summer to get here!
Great control of whatever your camera platform is, also very stable. What are you using? Does it float?

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I had a red filter in Bimini and when near the surface of the water the video was almost unusable. In order for the filter to work properly you have to be I would say at least 20ft deep. Learned the lesson the hard way after taking a bunch of video without testing it first.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a red filter in Bimini and when near the surface of the water the video was almost unusable. In order for the filter to work properly you have to be I would say at least 20ft deep. Learned the lesson the hard way after taking a bunch of video without testing it first.
Good to know. My next dive trip isn't until Dec - taking my family (4 daughters aged 14 - 21) to Hawaii the Big Island. They have a couple of signature dives; a manta ray night dive and then after that (11pm ish) you head straight away from shore 5 or 10 miles and float 40' beneath the boat in the 15,000' water column and watch crazy weird alien looking stuff float past. The red filter won't help me there as most stuff is see though with pulsating lights in the body.

@Julian you did get good color, that is what made me think you were using a filter, but clear water and shallow depths are a photographer's friend!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great control of whatever your camera platform is, also very stable. What are you using? Does it float?
Thanks. It's a Phantom 2 with a Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal and GoPro Hero 3+ Silver. I have only had it for a week, I have been very happy with it so far.

It doesn't float. Actually, I imagine it would sink rather quickly and then I would cry myself to sleep for the next couple of months.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Thanks. It's a Phantom 2 with a Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal and GoPro Hero 3+ Silver. I have only had it for a week, I have been very happy with it so far.

It doesn't float. Actually, I imagine it would sink rather quickly and then I would cry myself to sleep for the next couple of months.
You have had this thing for two weeks and you are flying it over the OHIO RIVER!!! Wow. I would probably still be flying it in my living room! Nice video. It will add some nice features to your summer GoPro Shorts. Just think if you had when you and your daughter were jumping off the bridge in Norris. That would have been a pretty cool shot.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good to know. My next dive trip isn't until Dec - taking my family (4 daughters aged 14 - 21) to Hawaii the Big Island. They have a couple of signature dives; a manta ray night dive and then after that (11pm ish) you head straight away from shore 5 or 10 miles and float 40' beneath the boat in the 15,000' water column and watch crazy weird alien looking stuff float past. The red filter won't help me there as most stuff is see though with pulsating lights in the body.

Good to know. My next dive trip isn't until Dec - taking my family (4 daughters aged 14 - 21) to Hawaii the Big Island. They have a couple of signature dives; a manta ray night dive ...
FYI I did the manta ray night dive (actually snorkeling) last summer with a go pro 3+ black, no filter and the video came out fine with lighting provided by the tour boats and divers. Do your self a favor and make sure you have plenty of space on your memory card and at least one spare battery.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You have had this thing for two weeks and you are flying it over the OHIO RIVER!!! Wow. I would probably still be flying it in my living room! Nice video. It will add some nice features to your summer GoPro Shorts. Just think if you had when you and your daughter were jumping off the bridge in Norris. That would have been a pretty cool shot.
I am really excited to see what I can do with it this summer. Hopefully we will have a lot of fun and it will stay dry.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Damn in addition to bring a good new rc pilot you are a brave one as well. my son won't fly his phantom one over land because he is afraid he will crash, he will but it should not be a concern since he won't pay for the damage or loss, I will.

Three things for you to consider.
1) the phantom will sink quickly, I cut up some pool noodles and put them on the skids so that it will float if I crash in the water. The floats will only help me recover something to rebuild. Untreated, If it hits salt water or any water powered up a lot of the electronics will be fried.
2) dslr pros offers a service in which they water proof the electronics of the phantom. I don't know what it costs but I plan to have them perform this service on my phantom 2 vision soon.
3) keep the compass on the skid away from all magnets like car speakers. It does not take much to throw it out of calibration and a bad $15 compass can cause the fly away of a $1k+ phantom very quickly.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just scored a similar setup and made the mistake of flying it in our living room. Vaulted ceilings or not, and plenty of simulator time, but flying indoors gives you no GPS assistance to flying. Keep it outside and save the sheet rock. This is what ours looks like!! HA!

I hope to be posting my Phantom 2 videos very soon!

Attachments