• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post Your Summer Boating GoPro Shorts

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Lol, good video!!! Look forward to more.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah, well done @CFD3Captain . I'm still trying to put my first one together. Working out the kinks of trying to add slow motion to small sections like you did. And possibly music.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A little different view of our boat. Shot just a couple of weeks ago on the Ohio River.

Whoever was driving should have done an unannounced sub move:-D

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Whoever was driving should have done an unannounced sub move:-D
Ha! I was holding the camera and my wife was driving, that would have been pretty funny.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Finally got a machine that can process video in a reasonable amount of time. Here is the first quick video I put together from a GoPro template (using GoPro Studio) - which I discovered half way through that the sounds drops .... and none of my videos had sound worth playing...and you can't modify a GoPro template! Oh Well--I'm learning!!

Enjoy our Turks and Caicos 2014 video!

I am curious now where everyone gets their music to put in their videos if they don't use a template. Using a template was easy, but I wish they'd put a big warning on the one I chose saying "Music drops out in the middle"!

Says it is still processing...so you might not be able to see this immediately.....(more experimenting)

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well done @Julian ! I'm slowly learning the GoPro Studios. I have some great GoPro videos from this past boating season. Just got to sit down and put it together. I have no clue how to do the music. I've got a song picked out that would go great with my summer video, but I don't know how to load it. I have put one other video together, but with no music. It's a Jeep trail riding and getting stuck kinda video. But I'm determined to get my summer video done! And I will!....eventually.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice job @ Julian.

@ToddW850 , I can't recall how to add music in the gopro app but one work around for the time being would be to complete your video with the gopro app and no sound but before your save it to a you tube format add music to it in windows movie maker 8. Alternatively, You can also add music after you upload it to you tube.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@ToddW850 Adding music is pretty easy....you do it the same way you add video. But what I'd seen/heard is that if you use copyrighted music (pretty much all is) that Youtube then blocks your video. So you have to find "open source" music to stick into it.....

I was hoping GoPro studio had some canned tracks you could use...but it doesn't. @Ronnie do you know if Windows Movie Maker has any canned tracks?

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I got the music for my video from here.......https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music

Its royalty free and thus why it's on youtube like that. Takes some time finding what you like, but don't have to worry about copyrights.

I downloaded mine into a folder then dragged it into GoPro Studio while editing the video :)

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Don't know if windows movie maker has canned tracks like youtubes does but it is easy to add your music in movie maker. Just select a track from the folder it is in. Sometimes it's not in the right format so I choose another track rather than try to convert it.

Most of my videos now contain copyrighted music. You tube uses a big data app to analyze all videos posted and prior to publication sends the poster a notice that the video contains such material. I think you have to acknowledge that before you can publish. If you acknowledge and contest it by saying you bought the track, it's your music, you have permission, etc. (there is a drop down list with 7 or so options) the video is still blocked from view to people in Germany.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
All good info. I'll be looking into that. Thanks

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Here is a quick look at our weather yesterday. First sunburn of the season.

Last edited:

RForester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Love the film... Life vest on the kids at all times! Better safe than sorry, besides it the law!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Jeff...for some reason you video won't play here...says "playback on other websites has been disabled by the owner"...is this a setting you put on the video? Is there an advantage to this setting on Youtube? Still learning...

Here is the link as I couldn't get my ipad to click to it:

And @Cobra Jet Steering LLC how deep is the water in that video when it changes color to the lighter sand color?

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My first foray into timelapse photography. Shot on my back deck last night with GoPro Hero 3+ Silver set on time lapse taking a picture once every 60 seconds.

It was LATE last night when I finally threw it all together so the editing isn't very good, but it will get the job done.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Now I'm trying to figure out when to use video and slow it down v using time lapsed pics. Assuming time lapse is better in some situations because it takes up a lot less memory when compared to video.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Volffas what did you use to piece it together? I tried this winter and had the time laps set at 6sec and I eneded up with about 4000 individual pictures. iMovie would have made me import each picture from what I could see.