• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post Your Summer Boating GoPro Shorts

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks! For anyone on this thread, if you haven't been to Jocassee it is an absolute must. There are 5 legit waterfalls you can drive right up to. There is one boat launch and once it's full they turn away boats. Even a full launch you'll hardly ever pass another boat on the lake. Hands down not only my favorite lakes but one of my favorite places on earth. National Geographic named it one of 50 best places on earth. Trust me. Go.

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Out with the Mavic. Some manual shots and some follow me.

Hey Trevor, at about the 2 minute mark on the video, what are you using to anchor? What is that red floating thing at the front of your boat? I like the idea of not always using the cleat. Thanks

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We usually stay a night or 2 and leave the boat in the water. I use the boat buddy (pretty sure that's what it's called - bungee type rope - highly recommend) then I just clip it to an orange vest as a market. It floats, we drive away, come back and clip back up to it.

Last edited:

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We usually stay a night or 2 and more the boat. I use the boat buddy (pretty sure that's what it's called - bungee type rope - highly recommend) then I just clip it to an orange vest as a market. It floats, we drive away, come back and clip back up to it.
Cool, thanks

Av8tor07

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Re-reading my quote, gotta love autocorrect. But I think you got it.
I did. In the video it didn't look like a life vest. I thought it was some fancy get up you had going.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I definitely need to get some watersports life jackets this year. That one looks sharp too. Loved the vid @Trevor Shipman looked like some good quality family time

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Cruising around with a 6 Foot Hammerhead Shark in Destin. This guy didn't care nothing about us. He was going so slow I had to put the boat in reverse a few times to keep from running him over. He was pretty cool. I had a lot of video of him, but tried to keep the video short because I didn't put any music to it.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks @Ronnie, yeah is coast guard approved. I forget who makes it. I've tempted to purchase a comp vest bc they just look so much better, but in the end not worth that 1 in a million chance. I'm going out tomorrow, I'll look who makes it.

And yes, taking the time to pull out the Mavic (as awesome as it is) and the time to pull out the GoPro but in the end post it on YouTube and you'll have those memories forever. We have a "boys" trip to the same lake in July and I plan on being much more dillegent about taking videos.
Helium is a Sterns Vest and this particular is their SWAT style Helium model. Amazon has them for around $120. Nice vest for sure. I would think you would want to buy from a place you could try it on, as it looks limited on adjustment. But what a great vest. Great Video too BTW!!

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Cruising around with a 6 Foot Hammerhead Shark in Destin. This guy didn't care nothing about us. He was going so slow I had to put the boat in reverse a few times to keep from running him over. He was pretty cool. I had a lot of video of him, but tried to keep the video short because I didn't put any music to it.

That's amazing! For us midwesterners, isn't that dangerous to be in the water around those sharks? It seemed very docile. WOW.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That's amazing! For us midwesterners, isn't that dangerous to be in the water around those sharks? It seemed very docile. WOW.
Thanks @biffdotorg . Some sharks are more aggressive than others. For the MOST part, they don't attack humans. Although we did have a shark attack here in Destin over Spring Break. And as cool as this shark was, no way I was getting in the water with it. As many times that I've seen sharks, almost every time they swim away from us. I was on my paddle board last year and saw a shark. He actually turned toward us to check us out but kept going.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Now that's what I'm talking about.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@DBamaC + fam, @blacksapphirez and I had a good time hanging out yesterday!

I really hate youtube's compression as it kills all the quality no matter the bitrate you encode to :/

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Had a good time riding off the wake wedge!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Man, I wish I had been on the boat with you guys. It is fun laughing at friends and being laughed at. Remember to protect your face when you go down.