• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post Your Summer Boating GoPro Shorts

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can't see the clip, Just the killer pic.
Please fix it so we can see more.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can't see the clip, Just the killer pic.
Please fix it so we can see more.
He doesn't have the clip uploaded. It's a screen shot from a short vid put on his phone. And from the look of the video, the phone probably died shortly after that sub move!! HA! Great photo!

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a link to my latest summer go pro short.

Do you have a rope tied to the front of the boat when you launch it, or do you just have to hurry and get to the boat before it floats away?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In this video I don't have a line between the boat and dock, I used to but have since learned to just back it in real slow. I would rather push or pull the boat off the trailer than chase / race it to the end of the dock.
Plus at this marina ramp I don't think there are any cleats on the launch side of the dock near the ramp.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I published but forgot to mention "Solo Boating the B reel". Various clips of everything else that happened that day.

Here is a link to it.

Before anyone asks the B real keeps me real.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I published but forgot to mention "Solo Boating the B reel". Various clips of everything else that happened that day.

Here is a link to it.

OMG! Tight storage facility for sure. That's twice the work when you want to take the pwc's out.....you must be a patient man!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Here is a link to it.

Why do you disconnect the transom straps before you park it?
Just wondering if there is something I don't know or should be doing.

I always enjoy your videos!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf , storage has always been challenging, if I would have used the front hitch initially to pull the boat out I would have saved time even after accounting for detaching and reattaching the trailer front to back, but it's always a gamble, sometimes i use the rear hitch and am out of there in less than 30 seconds. As for the pwcs, they are much easier to store and retrieve since I can do so by hand.

@Wayloncle , I disconnect the straps to minimize the straps exposure to the sun and to relieve the tension from them while the boat is being stored. I loosen the bow strap for the same reason.

Last edited:

Yan Masse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
End of day picture, did a nice night ride on the lake, with an awesome full moon in bonus.20170808_212813.jpg 20170808_211613.jpg 20170808_212852.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here are some highlights from my camping trip this past weekend. Significant because I was able to use the DJI goggles successfully (I can't get footage like this without them and/ or by using the follow / track me features of any drone I currently own). I also got to check the removu gimbal on the water and even captured the moment one of my towable failed. Anyway, here you go.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Seems like pretty decent footage Ronnie. Quick tip, tip your camera angle down just a bit to avoid getting the prop guards in your shots. Especially if you don't care to edit out that footage.

I'm not sure why you cannot get this footage without the goggles, as I was sure you were using FPV before with a tablet or phone. The only gain would be the ability to see the display better with goggles as it would block out light. I have been more than pleased using a 7" display for FPV as it allows me to also use line of site to navigate the drone without having to pull the goggles off to do so.

I will be the first to admit, I have thrown a towel over my head on occasion when the sun was bright. Goggles just limit my ability to navigate safely when shooting while flying the opposite direction of my camera.

Keep up the good videos.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@biffdotorg , thanks.

I havent messed with the gimbal yet but had to go into sport mode for this footage as my wife had a heavy throttle hand. I may be able to limit the travel on the gimabal to eliminate the blades and guards entirely. I always fly with the blade gaurds when i am flying from the boat around friends and family.

I have flown successfully with zeiss cinemizer fpv goggles but hey are not as comfortable, nor as well integrated, and only work with my nvidia sheild not my ipad mini 1. If i dont have the goggles on im am really flying line of sight and just using the phone or tablet to frame the subject i am taking pics or video of. Ive purchased a few glare shields but they dont do it for me. Where fpv is concerned i have to be immersed via goggles or it doesnt work for me.

Currently, the p4 and the googles are the best system for me. Im still on the fence about the mavic because i cant have both a phone/tablet on at the same time as the googles (not enough interfaces on the remote, on the p4 i coonect to the googles with an hdmi cable and the display / control is through a phone or tablet). The spark would not even pair with its controller this weekend and i cant get to the new features to work. On the verge of selling or traiding it away entirely.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is my latest video. Please excuse the watermark, it stays in unless or until I purchase the editing software which I'm still on the fence about.

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Here are some highlights from my camping trip this past weekend. Significant because I was able to use the DJI goggles successfully (I can't get footage like this without them and/ or by using the follow / track me features of any drone I currently own). I also got to check the removu gimbal on the water and even captured the moment one of my towable failed. Anyway, here you go.

Great footage and camera focus while underway. I could never do such thing with my Phantom. It looks like I need to invest in Goggles

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Put this together using Quik Stories on my Samsung 8+. Definitely need to fine tune my future videos. Plus it makes most people select HD. If not, it will be like 380 or something.

All this was shot here in Destin, Florida.

Last edited:

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put this together using Quik Stories on my Samsung 8+. Definitely need to fine tune my future videos. Plus it makes most people select HD. If not, it will be like 380 or something.

All this was shot here in Destin, Florida.

Great video! Especially considering it was edited on a phone. I love the dolphins, turtle, stingray and shark. What are those round things you were snorkeling by? Are those near the party spot by the bridge?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Great video! Especially considering it was edited on a phone. I love the dolphins, turtle, stingray and shark. What are those round things you were snorkeling by? Are those near the party spot by the bridge?
Thanks @Volffas ! And the round things are called snorkel reefs, or eco system reefs. They installed (I guess the right word) four of them here in the Gulf. They are poles with wide sides that go into the ground. They used a certain number of them and made them into shapes. This one was in the shape of a dolphin. The other 3 are in the shapes of a sea turtle, sea horse, and cobia. Swimming or boating by them, you can't tell what they are. But from the air you definitely can.

Screenshot_20171012-204108.png

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @Volffas ! And the round things are called snorkel reefs, or eco system reefs. They installed (I guess the right word) four of them here in the Gulf. They are poles with wide sides that go into the ground. They used a certain number of them and made them into shapes. This one was in the shape of a dolphin. The other 3 are in the shapes of a sea turtle, sea horse, and cobia. Swimming or boating by them, you can't tell what they are. But from the air you definitely can.

View attachment 65158
Very cool!