• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post Your Summer Boating GoPro Shorts

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@ToddW850 , awesome video ! Although it also just reminded me of how crappy my editing skills are. Love all the wild life . Florida must have the best boating environment in the u.s.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@ToddW850 , awesome video ! Although it also just reminded me of how crappy my editing skills are. Love all the wild life . Florida must have the best boating environment in the u.s.
Haha I'm still learning but thank you. You had already set the bar high. This Quik Stories app does most of the work for you. You just have to fine tune it to exactly how you want it.

Mtschelling

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Joined the goPro club courtesy of a great christmas gift. Messing around with some of the editing software. For those that add music to your videos how are you doing so? Purchasing the music through iTunes and adding? Some other free method? Hit me with some suggestions of what you think works best to get your favorite song added to your footage. Some of the software and apps offer goPro instrumentals for free but some are cheesy.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Joined the goPro club courtesy of a great christmas gift. Messing around with some of the editing software. For those that add music to your videos how are you doing so? Purchasing the music through iTunes and adding? Some other free method? Hit me with some suggestions of what you think works best to get your favorite song added to your footage. Some of the software and apps offer goPro instrumentals for free but some are cheesy.
Welcome @Mtschelling. I have ran into issues with songs in the past on vemeo so I switched to YouTube. On YouTube you can check to see if the song you want exsists in googles library of music that comes with adds to cover the royalties the bands deserve. Then just use the song you own writhing your software. Most of the time if you try to upload to Facebook or other sites they will not allow it unless you provide details of what type of rights you are claiming to use the song. Like creative licensing. Good luck!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use music from my itunes account. Ive purchased and used music from amazon as well as free music through the video editing software site. When using all of the above YouTube sent me a messsge almost as soon as I published the video indicating that third party material was dectected on my videos and since I didn’t own the ip rights to the music I could not monetize my videos, any revenue goes to the artist. Not an issue for me but something to be aware of. The only time I didn’t receive such a notice was when I used the music from the YouTube but it sucks compared to the alternatives.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry, the JetBoat stayed home this year. But after quite a few hours of work, this year's episode of Wicked Catfish is done.

If you cared to give up 10 minutes of your life, this is a good way to spend it.

This annual edition of Wicked Catfish will help explain why we make the annual trek to Lockport, Manitoba to catch Channel Cats.

This turned out to be one of our best trips. Rolling in on a Thursday afternoon proved this was going to be a trip to remember. We boated 60 fish between three guys in around 5 hours! And we had other boats with us!!

By the time we headed home on Sunday, we all had bruised bellies and were sun burnt and dehydrated from hours in the boat. And we all can't wait to do it again this year come that first week of June!

Enjoy!

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
One of my son’s buddies has his own video production business. He shot this video (with a GoPro) of my son wakeboarding at Saguaro Lake north of Phoenix, AZ last summer behind our 2005 AR230. I know my son want’s me to figure out how to get more wake out of the 242LS I bought for this summer. If you like to watch wipe outs, you’ll like this.

Last edited:

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not quite summer yet but my first trip of the year. Last Saturday on the Kissimmee chain of lakes with @Hilario Perez. He just bought his boat in December and we have already been out twice (this weekends video soon to come).

This was shot with my Gopro Hero 5, Samsung Galaxy S8, and DJI Mavic Pro Platinum.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's some video from the first outing of the season. Took my buddy out who's been going through some life troubles in hopes to get his mind off things. Let him drive the boat around some and I think he's hooked. He really likes the jet boats for his young daughters.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Finally got around to putting this footage together from November. HUGE gathering of Dolphins outside the Destin East Pass where the jetties are. Large number of sharks too, but neither bother the other. Dolphins were chasing fish and jumping waves. You might have to select HD. I put this together on my phone and it seems low quality.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Finally got around to putting this footage together from November. HUGE gathering of Dolphins outside the Destin East Pass where the jetties are. Large number of sharks too, but neither bother the other. Dolphins were chasing fish and jumping waves. You might have to select HD. I put this together on my phone and it seems low quality.

Thats amazing to see! From the surface, you may not have ever realized how many were just under water.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Just picked up a golf ball cannon for our annual charity outings this summer. Made a short video for FB to promote it. I think I am going to have to get a bigger golf bag, this thing is fun!

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Finally finished my video of our Memorial Day Houseboat trip to Lake Powell. The video is all shot with a DJI Mavic Pro drone. Watch in HD setting if you have a good connection.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Snorkeled a shipwreck yesterday out here. It was pretty freaking awesome. Little background I found out. This was the Schooner "Robert L. Bean" and ran aground in 1926 in the Gulf of Mexico. It was 216 feet in length. This is here between Destin and Pensacola, Florida. They tried to free it, but was becoming too expensive, so they decided to just leave it.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Went Whitewater Rafting on the middle Ocoee last week. It was a BLAST! Used Outland Expeditions out of Cleveland, TN.