• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pre-Season

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I'm done with post season. Pre-season has begun; new life vests, Kilmats, new Griot Buffer, misc. cleaning and maintenance supplies have arrived with more on the way. New to the area but should be able to put in by the end of February, I hope..

I'm done with post season. Pre-season has begun; new life vests, Kilmats, new Griot Buffer, misc. cleaning and maintenance supplies have arrived with more on the way. New to the area but should be able to put in by the end of February, I hope..
Do the Kilmats work better at soundproofing than the stock sound insulation. (I assume you are putting them in the engine compartment)

Do the Kilmats work better at soundproofing than the stock sound insulation. (I assume you are putting them in the engine compartment)
That is my understanding. Yes in the engine compartment. Won't know the results for several weeks.

That is my understanding. Yes in the engine compartment. Won't know the results for several weeks.
Welp @ me when you got the answer! Looking forward to a comparison. Get us a before and after video.

Looking forward to the Kilmat results. Thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to the Kilmat results. Thanks for sharing.
As the boat is not currently kept in the home garage it will probably be late Feb/March before being able to get to it. Will share when completed.

I have not researched the Kilmat yet, but did you buy a kit or just panels? I just drove to Tampa and picked up a 2020 210 FSH. I'm really close to you on the Cumming side of Lanier. I look forward to seeing/hearing the results because the foam on my hatch is sagging. I have a garage full of add ons I am getting ready to start adding to the "new to me" ride.

I have not researched the Kilmat yet, but did you buy a kit or just panels? I just drove to Tampa and picked up a 2020 210 FSH. I'm really close to you on the Cumming side of Lanier. I look forward to seeing/hearing the results because the foam on my hatch is sagging. I have a garage full of add ons I am getting ready to start adding to the "new to me" ride.
Yes, just the panels. I miss having our boat in the at home garage, it makes projects and maintenance more difficult.

I've read on here and in the FB group that Kilmat doesn't make much of a difference for the newer boats like you and I have (they're already more insulated now than they used to be). The possible exception to that being the supercharged boats, like the OP's 195. However, no firsthand knowledge of that...just what I've read. I, too, was interested in adding Kilmat to my 252SE but decided against it when people said it didn't make much difference on the newer boats.

I've read on here and in the FB group that Kilmat doesn't make much of a difference for the newer boats like you and I have (they're already more insulated now than they used to be). The possible exception to that being the supercharged boats, like the OP's 195. However, no firsthand knowledge of that...just what I've read. I, too, was interested in adding Kilmat to my 252SE but decided against it when people said it didn't make much difference on the newer boats.
Ahh Thank you for the insider info!

Good evening folks! I'm a newer jet boat owner as well and prepping for my first full-season on the water. Stumbled across this thread as I too have a box of Kilmat panels I am planning on installing on my 2017 AR195 this weekend. Do any of you have your results yet? If so, any install tips? I'm also layering mine with the Siless Liner 157 mil (4 mm) 36 sqft Sound Deadening mat as I read double-layering them also helps tremendously. The third step of my install is going to be 1/2 inch pipe insulation I picked up at Ace, see the video below for what I'm going off of. I've also done a few other upgrades since I got the boat in October and have a few more I'm trying to finish up before the season fully starts! Noticed you guys are on Lanier, I'm also on the Cumming side of Lanier, Young Deer/Shady Grove area! Looking forward to hearing back from y'all! Have a great evening.

I put the pipe insulation on my 195s, and it did help. @tsledford31

One more project to add to the list.
That’s an easy one to do. Your hatch will be tight closing. You know you’ve got it when you need to put slight pressure to get the latch to catch.

Awesome, i'll post a link to my thread with some pics later today. I'm also finishing my SeaDek install today! It's beautiful here in GA, but not as warm as my girls would like to get on the water so taking advantage of the weather to finish up these projects.

Awesome, i'll post a link to my thread with some pics later today. I'm also finishing my SeaDek install today! It's beautiful here in GA, but not as warm as my girls would like to get on the water so taking advantage of the weather to finish up these projects.
The engine hatch seal is probably the single most effective noise reduction mod in these boats.
Too much insulation/heavy seal can make closing the hatch hard and can pop the top hinges which are not very strong. I would be careful not to overdo the insulation, slight pressure needed is fine, but if the hatch does not want to close I would reduce the insulation.

What lake do you boat on?

That’s an easy one to do. Your hatch will be tight closing. You know you’ve got it when you need to put slight pressure to get the latch to catch.
What did you use for adhesive, two side tape?

What did you use for adhesive, two side tape?
For the pipe insulation? I bought some that is advertised as “self-sealing”. Peel the yellow plastic and it reveals the adhesive. Went on fairly easily and I made it as thin as I could to have no issues with the hatch closing. Seems to have worked just fine, will be water testing mid-week. Pictures coming soon.

Back