• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Proper gate adjustment for Neutral?

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
normal break-in, self adjusting, what a disappointment, tell us the name of this dealer so no one goes there again,

@Ron@Scarab can you confirm the only adjustment is the "rotating the key" mentioned above

We need to get an post on this for the FAQ, the yamahas are not difficult at all to adjust,
Yamaha's aren't as advanced, lol, with the reverse gate. I have answered this a few pages ahead. The cable lock has to be loosened to be able to extend or shorten the cable. Then you can adjust the length you need with the brass fitting that spins on the threads of the cable that eventually sits in the hole on the pump bracket. Technically, you need to adjust this on BUDS software at your dealer first. A water test should be performed for more fine tuning if needed. If BUDS can't make enough adjustment, then you would proceed to the steps I have previously listed.

Bobcat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hi, I need to adjust (shorten) the shift cable on my Scarab 165. Has anyone figured out how to get a wrench on the cable lock nut? It's a very tight working space. Any info would be appreciated!

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
You will need this tool to remove or loosen the cable lock nut to be able to make your adjustments on the 165.

Attachments

Bobcat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks Ron! Is it custom made? I guess I can search Cable Lock Wrench?

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Sold through BRP. See your local Scarab dealer, or try a Seadoo Dealer. No guarantee there since the Seadoo parts people usually won't know where to look.

Bobcat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks Ron! I made my own tool and then was able to shorten the cable. I took it out for a test today and it ran perfectly! I really appreciate your input, especially the tool photo. :winkingthumbsup"

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Glad to hear the news! And, Thank you!