• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Radial Tire Upgrade

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Pfitzuscg Really not sure why my post above got a bummer rating??

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I unbummer his bummer. Maybe he was bummed you will end up spending money on new rims? I upgraded rims from recstuff.com several years ago and the smiles I get when looking at the boat on the trailer made it well worth the money.7C798FF1-750F-412C-8A5D-347625E75F07.jpegEE5D4030-AF6D-4624-87D5-D5976DB05292.jpeg

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I unbummed it too. Thought it was a good post. I like your upgraded wheels! Definitely need to do something but my trailer is the ugly galvanized MFI. Doesn't looks as good as your painted trailer.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Pfitzuscg Really not sure why my post above got a bummer rating??
It's usually a clear sign of using a smartphone while affected by the "fat fingers syndrome", lol. Happens all the time.

(that's what I tell myslef anyway, when I get a "dislike")
:D

--

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
By the way, @Zonie mine is the ugly galvanized MFI trailer too. It was ugly until I dressed it up with Rhino liner like some other members before me. Some areas are galvanized primer with black gloss Rustoleum. It has held up great for many years now and the metal is still galvanized underneath so still less issue than painted trailer. I just scrub with a brush and Spic & Span once or twice a year and follow up with a misting of Armor all or 303 and it looks like a million bucks. It is also very functional (non-skid).
IMG_0251.jpg
(iPhone cameras sucked back when I did it)
IMG_0728.JPG

Here is a close-up photo (several years old here).

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did my boat maintenance today so I could put back in storage. I was so shocked by the new tires. I had a 34 mile drive to the storage by the lake. Before with the bias Carlyle tires I knew I had the boat being me and it bounced with the slightest bump in the road. My best fuel economy was 13.2. I set off from the office knowingly that I was in pre rush hour traffic. I reset a fuel econ. In stop and go traffic I got 19.1 mpg. Of course that was a max speed of 60, but I was impressed. Pulling the trailer, sometimes I would look back to make sure it was there. The boat hardly even moved. I'm impressed !!!! Why didn't I change sooner is my only regret!

I also looked at my big trucks and my fleet manager talked me into going with Goodyear. I always use American rubber, it cost more than the Chinese rubber, but it last longer too. Those tires are also endurance.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did my boat maintenance today so I could put back in storage. I was so shocked by the new tires. I had a 34 mile drive to the storage by the lake. Before with the bias Carlyle tires I knew I had the boat being me and it bounced with the slightest bump in the road. My best fuel economy was 13.2. I set off from the office knowingly that I was in pre rush hour traffic. I reset a fuel econ. In stop and go traffic I got 19.1 mpg. Of course that was a max speed of 60, but I was impressed. Pulling the trailer, sometimes I would look back to make sure it was there. The boat hardly even moved. I'm impressed !!!! Why didn't I change sooner is my only regret!

I also looked at my big trucks and my fleet manager talked me into going with Goodyear. I always use American rubber, it cost more than the Chinese rubber, but it last longer too. Those tires are also endurance.
Darned!
Do you think those Endurance tires would be noticeably better than new Carlyle radials?

--

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Darned!
Do you think those Endurance tires would be noticeably better than new Carlyle radials?

--
I have no idea. I think radial makes a difference.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have no idea. I think radial makes a difference.
Yeah, I think I'll wait, just put those Carly radials few months ago.
Next up - will be Endurance, based on these reviews.

--

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
By the way, @Zonie mine is the ugly galvanized MFI trailer too. It was ugly until I dressed it up with Rhino liner like some other members before me. Some areas are galvanized primer with black gloss Rustoleum. It has held up great for many years now and the metal is still galvanized underneath so still less issue than painted trailer. I just scrub with a brush and Spic & Span once or twice a year and follow up with a misting of Armor all or 303 and it looks like a million bucks. It is also very functional (non-skid).
View attachment 70964
View attachment 70965

That looks great! I'm going to have to do something like that this year.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

This has me sold lol.

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah me too. Mine only have 2 seasons but I trailer 1 hour each way x at least twice a week and they hardly go below 70 mph, not to mention the sharp 90 degree turn to back up in my driveway.
My tires are kinda crappy and I have kept up with the tire pressures.

I’ll be going to enduros in the next couple weeks.

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I may have screwed up when I ordered mine. I've decided to upgrade my wheels as well (Thanks SeaDeals) and discount direct offers free mount and balance if you get both.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
View attachment 70964
View attachment 70965

@Seadeals did you apply the rhino liner yourself? Is that a big job? My trucks have always had the bed liner insert, I don’t have any experience with that stuff. Do you remove or cover the lights? What about various bolt heads / nuts? Is that a spray on application?

Thanks for the info!!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Seadeals did you apply the rhino liner yourself? Is that a big job? My trucks have always had the bed liner insert, I don’t have any experience with that stuff. Do you remove or cover the lights? What about various bolt heads / nuts? Is that a spray on application?

Thanks for the info!!
Abe you can roll on or spray on . A couple years ago we rhino lined the outside of the oldests bronco. Came out good.

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got mine put on yesterday and drove ~180 miles today to the dealer and back for the fender replacement. Pulled great and I'm almost certain my towing mpg is up a couple mpg. We'll see when I fill up for sure. Didn't feel like I had anything behind me at all. Always used to feel like I had another few thousand pounds or had a brake dragging. And that's behind an 3/4 ton diesel!

20180405_135213.jpg

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Got mine put on yesterday and drove ~180 miles today to the dealer and back for the fender replacement. Pulled great and I'm almost certain my towing mpg is up a couple mpg. We'll see when I fill up for sure. Didn't feel like I had anything behind me at all. Always used to feel like I had another few thousand pounds or had a brake dragging. And that's behind an 3/4 ton diesel!

View attachment 71346
I'm assuming no rubbing issues? I'm wanting to go 215 vs 205 like you did

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm assuming no rubbing issues? I'm wanting to go 215 vs 205 like you did
My factories we're 215s. With that said there are a couple threads floating around where they upgraded to 15 inch wheels with 225/75r15s. If those fit pretty much anything that you can get for a 14 should.

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My factories we're 215s. With that said there are a couple threads floating around where they upgraded to 15 inch wheels with 225/75r15s. If those fit pretty much anything that you can get for a 14 should.
thanks, 215/75/14 load range D is more than adequate IMHO

Zonie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My trailer had 215/75/14 when I bought it. (Came stock with 205s I believe). No problems with clearance.