• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was out on Harris Friday and Saturday. Conditions were less than desirable with all the wind. still had a nice couple days on the water. New Perfect pass worked great. so nice.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone know any Lake watchable 4th of July fireworks shows in the area?

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A little far for the night bit Lake Gaston does a great show off the bridge.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This sounded great so I checked into it a bit. It looks like the fireworks are this Saturday. Just in case anyone else was interested here is a link.
http://www.lakegastonguide.com/?q=node/1874
The marina there at Eaton Ferry does have a small parking lot and they charge $20 or $25 for parking and $5 to launch your boat. A little ridiculous but it is super convenient Marina. And the fireworks are good. Not sure if they have a different price for fireworks or not. There are also some free places to launch your boat you just have to drive a little bit to get to him

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The marina there at Eaton Ferry does have a small parking lot and they charge $20 or $25 for parking and $5 to launch your boat. A little ridiculous but it is super convenient Marina. And the fireworks are good. Not sure if they have a different price for fireworks or not. There are also some free places to launch your boat you just have to drive a little bit to get to him
This sounds like fun. wonder how crazy it gets with drunk Idiots in a crowded lake situation at night.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's not too bad. I've rented a house up there a couple times for the 4th of July. There's lots of room for boaters to spread out.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's not too bad. I've rented a house up there a couple times for the 4th of July. There's lots of room for boaters to spread out.
I kind of want to make this happen. Ill have to talk to the wife about it. would probably be just Me and my Son with some friends. I doubt the wife would bring the baby. We have a friend with a house on the lake too. Ill have to see what they are doing.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We will be at Kerr Lake for fireworks Saturday. This will be our 3rd year going there to see them at Kerr.. They put on a great show and the lake has lot's of room where they set them off. https://festivalnet.com/4700/Henderson-North-Carolina/Holiday-Celebrations/Independence-Day-Weekend-Celebration-Kerr-Lake
Ahhh yeah thats closer. how early would i have to get to the closest ramp to make sure i get a spot? I dont know Kerr at all. whats it like? lots of dead heads? how far from that southern most ramp is the fireworks show? How far would we have to go for a restaurant on the water for dinner?

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Well we are at Avent Ferry on 55 in Holly Springs. I can make it to Nutbush Campground and boat ramp in 1 hour 15 min.. I do run 75 to 80mph. It is off exit 214 on 85 .We always get there early as we make a long day out of it.. Leave around 8:15.. However last year we went later that day at 4:00. Not busy in the morning but gets busy later in the day. Your Jordan pass gets you in at Kerr. The lake is massive and there is plenty of room for a good spot.. The ramp is less than 5 minutes from the fireworks location.:thumbsup: The place to eat is a hall and way up in Clarkesville VA.. So I would not even consider this.. Bring a cooler and your own food.. Lake is deep and hardly any dead heads with the lake being at full pool. The lake is deep and clean compared to Jordan and Falls. If there is a shallow spot it is marked with Black Marker..Hit me up if you come and I will make sure you are good when you get there. Very family friendly place and have never had any issues. If you come call me when you get off the exit so I can tell you where to go. @Eric Ballard tell me if you change your mind and come to Kerr...

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sweet... i still have to convince the wife. this sounds awesome. we would probably go early afternoon... like 1pm. may end up having a couple other boats tagging along as im already talking to my other friends with boats.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well the Wife shot that down.

I will be out on Harris tomorrow if anyone will be around.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
im out of town for work all week. i wont be at the lake until saturday or sunday.

If the weather looks good I may make a day trip out to Cape Lookout. Maybe get a hotel close Saturday night. Not sure that'll work if lot of people are doing fireworks on Saturday but.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We will be at Kerr Lake for fireworks Saturday. This will be our 3rd year going there to see them at Kerr.. They put on a great show and the lake has lot's of room where they set them off. https://festivalnet.com/4700/Henderson-North-Carolina/Holiday-Celebrations/Independence-Day-Weekend-Celebration-Kerr-Lake
I think we may be crossing back from Bimini on Friday since Saturday’s forecast is looking worse. If we do, we may try and meet you up there Saturday night for the fireworks depending on when we get back into town. The boat will need a good fresh water rinse anyways and we’ve never seen fireworks from the boat before. We’ll keep you in the loop.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@AndyD I messaged you.. Awesome @Eric Ballard It is really cool to see all the boats lit up in one area. There is a lot of boats but we think it is worth the pain to see the view!

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
you guys are making me jealous! I want to go so bad

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@sethman919 Show her who's boss and crack the whip.. LOL Maybe she will come around. Either way enjoy the water this weekend and keep you head on a swivel!