• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

scottrus71

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah. I was not loving Farrington ramp. Seeing as that was my first time in Jordan, what ramps are recommended and what’s open year round?

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used Seaforth several times during the last months. But in the summer and for those expected busy days, I went to falls lake, ramp of 50. Never saw this ramp full during all summer.

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We like the New Hope ramp on Jordan, they're newer and have been open since we went into phase 2 or whatever it is. They did get full over the summer like all the other ramps.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah. I was not loving Farrington ramp. Seeing as that was my first time in Jordan, what ramps are recommended and what’s open year round?
As far as I know all the ramps are open year round. Only time I've seen them close, so far, is storms or covid. I use New Hope ramp as it's the closest to me. It's generally open 8am-dusk.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Farrington is where I saw a lady block 2 ramps with her mini van, no trailer, just the vehicle. She parked sideways while she unloaded some passengers. A Park Ranger asked her to to move. Her response was " Can I go $h1T in the woods ? There is no bathroom here !!" She then did just that, while we waited, ramps still blocked.
This year was just a mess at Jordan. New Hope was our go to, but it fills up early. Started driving up to Kerr Lake several weekends. Now using Seaforth, but it seems like most people using it have little idea of what they are doing, or have no a clue about ramp etiquette. People drive by the signs stating to prep your boat in the parking lot, then pull up to the ramp and start the process with others waiting behind them. Whatever happens with Covid, I really hope they reconsider the decision to close half the ramps.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Farrington is where I saw a lady block 2 ramps with her mini van, no trailer, just the vehicle. She parked sideways while she unloaded some passengers. A Park Ranger asked her to to move. Her response was " Can I go $h1T in the woods ? There is no bathroom here !!" She then did just that, while we waited, ramps still blocked.
This year was just a mess at Jordan. New Hope was our go to, but it fills up early. Started driving up to Kerr Lake several weekends. Now using Seaforth, but it seems like most people using it have little idea of what they are doing, or have no a clue about ramp etiquette. People drive by the signs stating to prep your boat in the parking lot, then pull up to the ramp and start the process with others waiting behind them. Whatever happens with Covid, I really hope they reconsider the decision to close half the ramps.
They need a formal area at New Hope for boat prep. There's the parking spots right there as you come in I generally pull over there and prep. However, I've had several pull around me and just head to the ramp. One guy zipped around me did his prep in the lane and then backed down. He managed to forget his straps and ended up having to pull back out. Was fun to watch that karma play out.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Man, I love the fact that I keep my boat at Crosswinds and have the concierge service. Yeah, it costs more, but I don’t have to deal with any of that mess!

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Man, I love the fact that I keep my boat at Crosswinds and have the concierge service. Yeah, it costs more, but I don’t have to deal with any of that mess!
@Shookie do they have any covered storage over there or is it all just in open lots?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
They do, but it's only a few spots. Most of the storage is uncovered.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Jordan lake today. Probable last bath of the year 😩😩😩
We went out as well. Quite a bit of tree debris in the water, and I took a pic of tree trunk near the party cove that was over 30 feet long. Beautiful day, the boss does not want me to put the boat away!

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We went out as well. Quite a bit of tree debris in the water, and I took a pic of tree trunk near the party cove that was over 30 feet long. Beautiful day, the boss does not want me to put the boat away!
Yes, a lot of debris.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bump, how‘s everyone doing? The world is getting a bit back to normal.... hope everyone is safe and dealing with the Covid mess. Looking forward to a great summer on the water!

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
all good, vaccinated and ready for next season. We will traveling next weeks during kids spring break and after that we will hit the lakes.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This season will likely look a smidge different than last. Hope the ramps aren't as covid crazy! Wife is preggo, so we'll be taking it easy. Just means I get to surf and wakeboard more......I hope. I foresee a lot of trips up to my buddies at Gaston like when she was pregnant with our first one.

We'll also be out of town next week for our little boys spring break. Heading to FL, but sans boat. Wife can't quite go out on the boat until we're past the first trimester, which just so happens to be in 2 weeks.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This season will likely look a smidge different than last. Hope the ramps aren't as covid crazy! Wife is preggo, so we'll be taking it easy. Just means I get to surf and wakeboard more......I hope. I foresee a lot of trips up to my buddies at Gaston like when she was pregnant with our first one.

We'll also be out of town next week for our little boys spring break. Heading to FL, but sans boat. Wife can't quite go out on the boat until we're past the first trimester, which just so happens to be in 2 weeks.
Congrats man!

I'm taking the family to Vegas for spring break. My kids have never been and stuff is so cheap out there right now. If you have a friend on a lake, definitely take advantage of that! We are doing a week at Lake Hartwell/Keowee. After that, we are thinking of trailering down to Panama City. There's a big meet up down there with sponsors and all. Sounds like a cool experience so thinking hard about that one.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats man!

I'm taking the family to Vegas for spring break. My kids have never been and stuff is so cheap out there right now. If you have a friend on a lake, definitely take advantage of that! We are doing a week at Lake Hartwell/Keowee. After that, we are thinking of trailering down to Panama City. There's a big meet up down there with sponsors and all. Sounds like a cool experience so thinking hard about that one.
Thanks man! I've seen the stuff about that panama city meet up. My neighbor decided last minute he was taking his boat(my previous one) to FL this weekend. So spent Friday making sure all was good before he took off. They left at like 6pm Friday evening. They're on a lake and doing the springs and stuff.

Andisimose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Congrats Bro! If we ever get furniture you are always welcome to use our place if were not. MM 23 here we come :)

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats Bro! If we ever get furniture you are always welcome to use our place if were not. MM 23 here we come :)
Thanks man! Hopefully I'll see you up there one of these weekends.