• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This season will likely look a smidge different than last. Hope the ramps aren't as covid crazy! Wife is preggo, so we'll be taking it easy. Just means I get to surf and wakeboard more......I hope. I foresee a lot of trips up to my buddies at Gaston like when she was pregnant with our first one.

We'll also be out of town next week for our little boys spring break. Heading to FL, but sans boat. Wife can't quite go out on the boat until we're past the first trimester, which just so happens to be in 2 weeks.
Congrats suke!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Cleaned, waxed, ready to go..... think I'm heading to Jordan today with my boys and a couple of their friends.
IMG_6674.jpg

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just a curious note, before we buy our AR240, wife knowledge on boat was "jump in and have fun". Yesterday she came home and told me, I saw a Yamaha in the Costco gas station line, it was similar than ours but the 242 Limited :)

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just a curious note, before we buy our AR240, wife knowledge on boat was "jump in and have fun". Yesterday she came home and told me, I saw a Yamaha in the Costco gas station line, it was similar than ours but the 242 Limited :)
You guys are lucky to be out there, we haven't had time to prep the boat, but I did buy the season pass.
I hope with all the ramps open this year, it is less hectic at Jordan.

Also planning on more trips to Kerr lake. A buddy of mine bought a 242 and is keeping it moored there.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You guys are lucky to be out there, we haven't had time to prep the boat, but I did buy the season pass.
I hope with all the ramps open this year, it is less hectic at Jordan.

Also planning on more trips to Kerr lake. A buddy of mine bought a 242 and is keeping it moored there.
I missed out on the first run of passes. They are saying more passes will be available end of April, yet haven't seen anything yet.

Weird their site said they're out, BUT I was able to actually purchase it through their webstore, which I wasn't able to do a few weeks back. Would be great to get the pass, planning to do some camping with my boy and the boat here in a few weeks.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I walked into the office last Thursday and got mine. I didn't even realize they were in short supply.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I walked into the office last Thursday and got mine. I didn't even realize they were in short supply.
That's the only way to buy the Jordan lake ones. I bought the NC Parks one, which allows entrance as well as other perks for other NC Parks.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The Mrs. thought the 73 degree water was too chilly for her liking so the transom was as far as she made it. Still a beautiful day to be out on Jordan.20210428_165534.jpg

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Didn’t make it out today....... long story

IvanRZB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's the only way to buy the Jordan lake ones. I bought the NC Parks one, which allows entrance as well as other perks for other NC Parks.
Glad you guys mentioned this, I drove to the Jordan office and bought the pass today. Planning on going Saturday, hoping the crowds aren't terrible. Ebeneezer ramp is open now so hopefully that takes some of the traffic from the others.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Glad you guys mentioned this, I drove to the Jordan office and bought the pass today. Planning on going Saturday, hoping the crowds aren't terrible. Ebeneezer ramp is open now so hopefully that takes some of the traffic from the others.
Report back what it's like. Yesterday afternoon was very light at Seaforth (granted, it was a Wednesday but with it being mid-80s I still thought it'd be busier). The tsunami is coming though.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is there any ramps that are closed, still? I called the office yesterday to ask about camping ramps, and the not so pleasant ranger informed me crosswinds was open to campers at least. I looked all over the site and couldn't find into on ramps.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is there any ramps that are closed, still? I called the office yesterday to ask about camping ramps, and the not so pleasant ranger informed me crosswinds was open to campers at least. I looked all over the site and couldn't find into on ramps.
No idea and haven't looked. Another benefit of Crosswinds :)

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
All the ramps are open as of now.

FYI, for those of you that may not know how the passes work, the Seasonal Pass is 60 bucks and good for entry to ramps at Jordan, Kerr, and Falls. We like to hit different lakes during the season, and the pass makes sense to purchase.

Now if Jordan would only make a pass through lane at the booth for pass holders.. no, that would make too much sense.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
All the ramps are open as of now.

FYI, for those of you that may not know how the passes work, the Seasonal Pass is 60 bucks and good for entry to ramps at Jordan, Kerr, and Falls. We like to hit different lakes during the season, and the pass makes sense to purchase.

Now if Jordan would only make a pass through lane at the booth for pass holders.. no, that would make too much sense.
Oh, dang. Didn't realize the pass you get at Jordan gave you access to Kerr. I always just order the online one that's for NC parks and is $90.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Oh, dang. Didn't realize the pass you get at Jordan gave you access to Kerr. I always just order the online one that's for NC parks and is $90.
I think they call that the Annual Pass, and it gets you some additional discounts and options. While I am happy paying 30 bucks less, I did ask if they offer a senior discount, since they do give seniors a discount when paying at the booth. No dice on that ; I may have to contact my AARP representative..

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think they call that the Annual Pass, and it gets you some additional discounts and options. While I am happy paying 30 bucks less, I did ask if they offer a senior discount, since they do give seniors a discount when paying at the booth. No dice on that ; I may have to contact my AARP representative..
Yeah it gives you a bunch of stuff that I'll probably never use. LOL! In any event I'll use $90 worth of entrance fees easily.

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hoping to be out on Jordan Sunday, getting the boat ready for the summer tomorrow.
Last year was rough with the ramp closures, so I’m hoping things are closer to normal this year.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length