• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We went to Jordan today. Arrived at Seaforth by 10am and left by 3pm. No waiting time at the ramp to launch and to retrieve. Planning to go tomorrow again, maybe a little bit earlier.
We went out of New Hope, about 1030 am . No problems at all. Got back about 430, great day, not humid, not a lot of boat traffic. We will be out tomorrow too. Were thinking of going to Kerr, but we have some grandkids planning on joining , so Jordan is just easier.

Have a great weekend everyone !

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We went to Jordan today. Arrived at Seaforth by 10am and left by 3pm. No waiting time at the ramp to launch and to retrieve. Planning to go tomorrow again, maybe a little bit earlier.
Nice! We normally get there about 9 to new hope. Ramp looked like a normal busy Saturday.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We went out of New Hope, about 1030 am . No problems at all. Got back about 430, great day, not humid, not a lot of boat traffic. We will be out tomorrow too. Were thinking of going to Kerr, but we have some grandkids planning on joining , so Jordan is just easier.

I saw you pulling out. Gray F150 with no boat as you were leaving. 99% certain that was you.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

What a difference a year makes. The new Hope boat ramp has been great , not jammed up like last year. Went out Friday and had the entire lake to ourselves, and Sunday was light too . probably because of the weather.

Saturday we were at Coble Ski school for the day. We decided to take one of my grandchildren, and one of my sons. My 15 year granddaughter has never skied, and they had her up in about 5 minutes. My wife and I, and my son wakeboarded. Highly recommend Coble if you want to learn or improve skiing or boarding.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What a difference a year makes. The new Hope boat ramp has been great , not jammed up like last year. Went out Friday and had the entire lake to ourselves, and Sunday was light too . probably because of the weather.

Saturday we were at Coble Ski school for the day. We decided to take one of my grandchildren, and one of my sons. My 15 year granddaughter has never skied, and they had her up in about 5 minutes. My wife and I, and my son wakeboarded. Highly recommend Coble if you want to learn or improve skiing or boarding.
Nice! I've been keeping an eye on that for my son when he's old enough. Would like to do a wakeboard day there myself to learn some. The few times I've been out to Jordan this season the ramp has been a non issue. I think it's largely cause every ramp is open, whereas last year we were all jammed into a few ramps. My season is done. Wife has been ordered no more boating until the baby comes in Sept. I hope to make it up to Gaston a few more times and hang out with my buddy with the boat, then that'll be it until next season.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice! I've been keeping an eye on that for my son when he's old enough. Would like to do a wakeboard day there myself to learn some. The few times I've been out to Jordan this season the ramp has been a non issue. I think it's largely cause every ramp is open, whereas last year we were all jammed into a few ramps. My season is done. Wife has been ordered no more boating until the baby comes in Sept. I hope to make it up to Gaston a few more times and hang out with my buddy with the boat, then that'll be it until next season.
Ok, I hope things go well for your wife's pregnancy.

Quite a few young kids at Coble, several in the 6 to 8 year old range. They really do a nice job . They are very encouraging, but not pushy. My wife and I are over 60, and they had her going airborne on the wakeboard jumping wakes.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok, I hope things go well for your wife's pregnancy.

Quite a few young kids at Coble, several in the 6 to 8 year old range. They really do a nice job . They are very encouraging, but not pushy. My wife and I are over 60, and they had her going airborne on the wakeboard jumping wakes.
Awesome! I thought the minimum age was 8. Maybe that was for the multi day/week camps.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
thanks man! We're done after this. I'm too old to go back to the baby stage. Thought we were going to be done when we had our first, hence the near 7 year gap. LOL! She wanted ONE more. Getting the snip in a few weeks. HA!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I could have sworn we had a thread for a 2021 gathering in NC? I've had a bizarre year this year and not planned anything.....but perhaps we can pull off a quick meet up still? (and am I losing it that we had a thread already????)

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I could have sworn we had a thread for a 2021 gathering in NC? I've had a bizarre year this year and not planned anything.....but perhaps we can pull off a quick meet up still? (and am I losing it that we had a thread already????)
Lots of discussion of a meet up, nothing ever planned that I recall.

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are in, if some brave soul decide to plan it. Just back from Cape Coral, went from a “wash” in the lake yesterday. I will miss that clear water!

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well. I attended a mini gathering of sorts on Kerr lake this Sunday. One of my buddies bought a really nice 242 LS, and we spent the day out there. Perfect weather, had a great day.20210726_081932.jpg2021072595135619.jpg

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New guy here also in the Raleigh area...first boat 21' FSH 195. We'll be starting out the break in and learning the boat most likely at Harris lake before we venture out towards the coast.

Anyone familiar with the local lakes like Harris that has any pointers for a newby, I'm all ears!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
New guy here also in the Raleigh area...first boat 21' FSH 195. We'll be starting out the break in and learning the boat most likely at Harris lake before we venture out towards the coast.

Anyone familiar with the local lakes like Harris that has any pointers for a newby, I'm all ears!
Harris on the weekend is a nightmare. Too small of ramps and too many people trying to use them. If you want to go there get there early, and leave late, OR get there for the evening (later than 5pm). During the week it's a ghost town, right now anyways. Even during the evening it's pretty empty. Jordan is your best bet if you want a ramp that isn't crazy. Hit the pay ramps, and not Farrington if you're looking to avoid a zoo.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Harris on the weekend is a nightmare. Too small of ramps and too many people trying to use them. If you want to go there get there early, and leave late, OR get there for the evening (later than 5pm). During the week it's a ghost town, right now anyways. Even during the evening it's pretty empty. Jordan is your best bet if you want a ramp that isn't crazy. Hit the pay ramps, and not Farrington if you're looking to avoid a zoo.
Good to know, thanks! I was talking with a buddy and he had said something similar...go during the week, or really early/late in the day. Need time with the boat without dealing with a ton of people initially.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Good to know, thanks! I was talking with a buddy and he had said something similar...go during the week, or really early/late in the day. Need time with the boat without dealing with a ton of people initially.
I second the above. For another 6 weeks or so, avoid the weekend unless it's late in the day. Once late September gets here, the ramps at Jordan aren't too bad even on the weekend (I have no experience at Harris).

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Good advice already, but New Hope boat ramp isn't too bad if you have someone with you that can either get the boat on and off the trailer, or handle the trailering at the ramp. It has been pretty busy, but nothing like last year.

The only other thing I would add is that if you are going to use the local lakes more than 8 or times this season, check with the Jordan Lake office if they still have any Season Passes. They are 60 bucks, work at Jordan, Falls, and Kerr. Not sure about Harris, we don't use that lake. Saves money and time at the booth.

Have fun the rest of the season with your boat !

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Good advice already, but New Hope boat ramp isn't too bad if you have someone with you that can either get the boat on and off the trailer, or handle the trailering at the ramp. It has been pretty busy, but nothing like last year.

The only other thing I would add is that if you are going to use the local lakes more than 8 or times this season, check with the Jordan Lake office if they still have any Season Passes. They are 60 bucks, work at Jordan, Falls, and Kerr. Not sure about Harris, we don't use that lake. Saves money and time at the booth.

Have fun the rest of the season with your boat !
Harris only has free ramps. Hence it being a zoo all the time on the weekend. LOL! Harris is also a deep lake, so most of the tow boats go there.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Harris only has free ramps. Hence it being a zoo all the time on the weekend. LOL! Harris is also a deep lake, so most of the tow boats go there.
Did not know that, makes sense though.