• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I plan on exploring Jordan some this coming season, but hope to concentrate more out on the coast.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ordered my annual pass, watching the weather. Can't wait to go back to the water.
Every year I order that I never use it enough. The years I don't I'm out there nearly every weekend. So, I'm going to forego purchasing the pass this year in hopes we'll go boating more. Granted who knows what gas prices are going to do, and that may have an impact in how much we use the boat this year. When I went to my buddies last year gas on the lake was already $5 a gallon. That made for a $100 a day fuel bill. That gets pricey quick. Can imagine if gas in town is $5+ gas at the lake will be $7+. oof!

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Every year I order that I never use it enough. The years I don't I'm out there nearly every weekend. So, I'm going to forego purchasing the pass this year in hopes we'll go boating more. Granted who knows what gas prices are going to do, and that may have an impact in how much we use the boat this year. When I went to my buddies last year gas on the lake was already $5 a gallon. That made for a $100 a day fuel bill. That gets pricey quick. Can imagine if gas in town is $5+ gas at the lake will be $7+. oof!
This is one of the few advantages to trailer the boat to the lake. Last summer I went few times at Costco 😂. Early in the morning where there is no lines. 31 gallons for the tow vehicle plus 50 gallons for the boat, make the math.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is one of the few advantages to trailer the boat to the lake. Last summer I went few times at Costco 😂. Early in the morning where there is no lines. 31 gallons for the tow vehicle plus 50 gallons for the boat, make the math.
Sorry to say but expect gas prices to jump dramatically this year. On top of inflation it’s gonna get ugly. Wish I had a huge storage tank to stock up.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm glad I've got the concierge service at Crosswinds.... usually gas it up there and can't wait to pay that bill! :eek:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah I trailer too. Only time I don't is when I stay at my buddies house on Gaston.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I like the gas price at Costco, but the lines are always long when I get there. What is the earliest you have been there and the pumps are running?

On the pass for Jordan, I buy the seasonal pass which is 60 bucks, and that gets us the access we need. Its good for Kerr Lake, and we make several trips a year there. We would not use the additional services included with the annual pass. The 30 dollars in savings could go towards 2 gallons of gas , maybe..

I buy the pass for the savings; we get our money back in month, but its also faster at the gate. The antiquated pay system at the park is unbearable to watch. The poor attendant makes 3 or 4 trips from the car to the booth to complete the transaction.

You do have to go in person to purchase the seasonal pass. Not sure if they are for sale yet, I may call today.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I like the gas price at Costco, but the lines are always long when I get there. What is the earliest you have been there and the pumps are running?

On the pass for Jordan, I buy the seasonal pass which is 60 bucks, and that gets us the access we need. Its good for Kerr Lake, and we make several trips a year there. We would not use the additional services included with the annual pass. The 30 dollars in savings could go towards 2 gallons of gas , maybe..

I buy the pass for the savings; we get our money back in month, but its also faster at the gate. The antiquated pay system at the park is unbearable to watch. The poor attendant makes 3 or 4 trips from the car to the booth to complete the transaction.

You do have to go in person to purchase the seasonal pass. Not sure if they are for sale yet, I may call today.
I can confirm they've got the $60 passes for sale in person, I stopped by last Wednesday to get mine.

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Before 8am normally is ok. I agree, during the day it is zoo.

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I fill my boat and truck on weekend mornings at the Apex Costco, agree before 8 is no problem, they open at 7 on weekends and 6 on weekdays. But the new pumps they installed last summer are not very boat friendly. It’s a challenge to get them to click on every time.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We shop at Harris Teeter and when they have a 4X gas points offer for gift cards we go and buy $150-250 in amazon cards (we use amazon quite a bit and always spend it). That gives us an instant $1.00 off 35 gallons of gas at participating BP and Amoco stations - so we save an instant $35 bucks!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm scared to see how much gas will be at Crosswinds this year....

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I'm scared to see how much gas will be at Crosswinds this year....
I trailer mine so I've never gotten gas at Crosswinds, but I checked the price on the non-ethanol the other day at the Cruizers on 64Bypass in Pittsboro (I'm on the west side of the lake) and it was $4.79...more than double what it was when I got my boat in Fall 2020! I think for my first fill-up in Sep-2020 non-ethanol was in the $2.30s at the station just north of Chatlee Marine.

My kids like to tube/board for an hour or two but then prefer to park it at the beach to play rather than cruise around the lake all day--normally I don't want to just sit at the beach, but I don't think I'll fight them on that this summer! :D

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I trailer mine so I've never gotten gas at Crosswinds, but I checked the price on the non-ethanol the other day at the Cruizers on 64Bypass in Pittsboro (I'm on the west side of the lake) and it was $4.79...more than double what it was when I got my boat in Fall 2020! I think for my first fill-up in Sep-2020 non-ethanol was in the $2.30s at the station just north of Chatlee Marine.

My kids like to tube/board for an hour or two but then prefer to park it at the beach to play rather than cruise around the lake all day--normally I don't want to just sit at the beach, but I don't think I'll fight them on that this summer! :D
I keep my boat there and use the concierge all summer.... so unless I bring it home for something or haul to another lake, my SUV and the trailer never touch. It costs more for sure, but it's really convenient!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Jordan…. 1st outing this year
FE2D022D-AD72-4D58-A46E-24C3A41090EB.jpeg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I keep my boat there and use the concierge all summer.... so unless I bring it home for something or haul to another lake, my SUV and the trailer never touch. It costs more for sure, but it's really convenient!
That is what we love about having a slip. We've been out 3 or 4 times this year already. Boat never left the lift this winter.....that was a first. Now I need to do some deep cleaning while on the lake!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Did a slip 1 year at Jordan but couldn’t have a lift. I’ll never do that again!