• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

troy_bwell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
New guy here also in the Raleigh area...first boat 21' FSH 195. We'll be starting out the break in and learning the boat most likely at Harris lake before we venture out towards the coast.

Anyone familiar with the local lakes like Harris that has any pointers for a newby, I'm all ears!
we live in Fuquay and have been going to Harris and Jordan all summer. As of late Harris is fine just get there before 10 (weekends) and be prepared for a mad house when you come back in. Last weekend was WILD tho. Pretty dead on the week days. Going to Jordan this Saturday! Lots more to explore and the kids like the “beaches” better.
My advice is get some seat time during the week days. Very easy to operate- we are new boater also and just got our 242 July 4th. I added the thrust vectors this past weekend and it really improved the low speed handling/docking. I’d recommend checking them out. 30% off group buy going on right now too. Maybe we’ll see you around!

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is only my second year here, but this is my take: Harris, only went couple of times there. Nothing bad with the lake, we just like more Jordan and Falls Lake. For Jordan I normally use Seaworth ramp which is the closest to me (cary/morrisville) and to the storage place. For the days/time that I believe that will be busy, I go to Falls Lake and use the ramp @hwy50. There are plenty of parking space on both ramps (parking at Harris is not like that..). Before 10am normally is ok. Buy the annual pass.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I saw someone launching a new 255X at the Jordan Lake/Vista Point ramp yesterday afternoon and wondered if they were members here. It was the gray and blue version, pretty looking boat from what I could tell. I didn't get a real close look at it because we weren't launching our boat, we decided to take the paddleboards and kayaks out instead and dropped them in at the Vista Point beach area.

troy_bwell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I saw someone launching a new 255X at the Jordan Lake/Vista Point ramp yesterday afternoon and wondered if they were members here. It was the gray and blue version, pretty looking boat from what I could tell. I didn't get a real close look at it because we weren't launching our boat, we decided to take the paddleboards and kayaks out instead and dropped them in at the Vista Point beach area.
I’ve seen him at Harris lake as well. It’s a Beautiful boat!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
for a plethora of reasons….. haven’t been on Jordan since June. Wife and I made it out today though, just us.
001CA21D-4781-4457-8BA0-DEA436EE08A0.jpeg

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
for a plethora of reasons….. haven’t been on Jordan since June. Wife and I made it out today though, just us.
View attachment 164173
Spent most of August boating on Smith Mountain lake, but the last few weekends on Jordan have been nice. We felt like we had most of the lake to ourselves. Skiing and boarding up near the dam, my brother in law asked if this was a private lake. What a difference from last year.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Non holiday weekends have been quiet on Falls Lake too!
Interesting. I wonder if many of the boats and jetskis that were purchased last year during covid lockdown will be up for sale.

Heading out tomorrow with friends and family. BTW, I am moving my boat to covered storage on Hwy 64 year round, so I will not need the chicken coop storage ! It was a bargain, but too tight for me.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Gorgeous on jordan this afternoon and not busy at all
Days like yesterday are a gift. Had most of the lake to ourselves. Saw an older guy launching a strange looking craft at Seaforth. My wife asked about his boat, and he is planning on rowing 4k miles across the Atlantic for charity. I think its called North Atlantic Challenge. He is going by himself. I wish I snapped a pic of his boat, but it looks like a coast guard rescue type craft you might launch from shore that could survive a capsizing, and right itself. Considering the water temp felt cold to me on Jordan yesterday, I couldn't imagine doing this.

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Days like yesterday are a gift. Had most of the lake to ourselves. Saw an older guy launching a strange looking craft at Seaforth. My wife asked about his boat, and he is planning on rowing 4k miles across the Atlantic for charity. I think its called North Atlantic Challenge. He is going by himself. I wish I snapped a pic of his boat, but it looks like a coast guard rescue type craft you might launch from shore that could survive a capsizing, and right itself. Considering the water temp felt cold to me on Jordan yesterday, I couldn't imagine doing this.
I’ve seen him out there a couple times, but only while he was out rowing in the middle of the lake so never got a chance to ask what he was up to. Hope he has a safe trip!

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Was heading over to the storage yard to do some winter prep yesterday, and the wife says, " any reason not to go to the lake? " I thought Seaforth would be empty, but was surprised to see it over half full. Tons of people fishing, looked like a tourney of some kind. Had to go slow heading up river to the dam area due to so many people fishing . They were pulling them in too. Really nice day, no wind, and burned off a bunch of gas so I can store it with fresh non ethanol. The Cruizers gas station on 64 sells non ethanol, pretty convenient for us. This is one of the great things about these boats; you don't feel the pressure to hurry up and winterize them, so you can take advantage of December day in the 70's. Probably finish wrapping her up next weekend..
Saw someone launch an old woody Chris Craft lake boat. I wish I asked him the year it was built, but it looked to be well over 50 years old. Nice sounding rumbling inboard engine.

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Was heading over to the storage yard to do some winter prep yesterday, and the wife says, " any reason not to go to the lake? " I thought Seaforth would be empty, but was surprised to see it over half full. Tons of people fishing, looked like a tourney of some kind. Had to go slow heading up river to the dam area due to so many people fishing . They were pulling them in too. Really nice day, no wind, and burned off a bunch of gas so I can store it with fresh non ethanol. The Cruizers gas station on 64 sells non ethanol, pretty convenient for us. This is one of the great things about these boats; you don't feel the pressure to hurry up and winterize them, so you can take advantage of December day in the 70's. Probably finish wrapping her up next weekend..
Saw someone launch an old woody Chris Craft lake boat. I wish I asked him the year it was built, but it looked to be well over 50 years old. Nice sounding rumbling inboard engine.

We were going to head to Harris or Jordan yesterday, but had too long of to do list. Was a nice day!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm probably going to leave my boat on the lift this year....
I guess my only worry there would be if there were a huge water level change. I know Jordan got so high a few times the floating docks were pulled under.

I could not believe the water temp yesterday. I was in up to my knees launching the boat, and it was like ice. The gauge on the connext screen read 56 degrees.

Cbullard3895

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Hi All, Brand new boat owner in the Apex area. Got boat delivered in Dec (yay cold weather) and was able to get out on Jordan for some break-in time and then sunset cruise.

I'm totally new to Jordan and would love to know some of the must check out areas.

Attachments

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi All, Brand new boat owner in the Apex area. Got boat delivered in Dec (yay cold weather) and was able to get out on Jordan for some break-in time and then sunset cruise.

I'm totally new to Jordan and would love to know some of the must check out areas.
Nice !
Congrats on the new Yammi. Jordan is pretty wide open, lots of coves and good ramps. If you launch at New Hope, you are not far from the party cove, which gets fairly filled up on the weekends in the summer. We like entering the river near there and heading up towards the dam, and beyond. The river run is a bit narrow, but usually 25 to forty feet deep. Bass Pro shop should have a decent map with typical water depths , so I suggest you do a lot of exploring and find the spots you enjoy. When we have the grandkids out with us, we like to spend some time near a beach. Plenty around, so we don't always anchor at the same one.

See you in the spring !

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Congrats on the new boat!

I agree with grandapchuck that Jordan has lots of good spots. I usually put in at Seaforth or Vista Point and we often head north. The area east of Farrington Rd near Crosswinds Campground is a good spot or tubing and such. We also like to go to the north section of the lake east of Farrington Rd and the Farrington Point Boat Ramp. Once you get up there the large cove to the left/west side is another good spot for tubing and such. Our kids also like sandy beach areas so almost every time we're out we end up on a sandy spot, usually near either the Ebenezer or Crosswinds campground areas. We have not hit the party cove yet; my kids are still young and I've heard it can sometimes be more of a party than parents of young kids are looking for.

CarolinaJet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome! Congrats on your new boat. I also usually put in at seaforth and we go all over, it’s a fun lake to explore.

I like seaforth because it’s protected from the wind. You can get an annual pass from the park office as well, worth it if you plan to go a lot in the summer.

Picking up a chart map from one of the gas station marts on 64 or getting an app like navionics will help you feel confident about depth and hazardous areas.

I agree with the above poster, the party cove (redneck riviera)? is more of an adult scene. Lots of fun if you don’t have the kids along expecting you to pull them on the tube.