• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's awesome. We aren't going to chance it this weekend. Hopefully we'll be out all next weekend.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This weather and 50-60% chance of rain every day is getting old.......

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This weather and 50-60% chance of rain every day is getting old.......
agreed! Especially when it's horrendously wrong. We plan to be out on Jordan Sunday. It's the day with the least amount of rain chance.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
agreed! Especially when it's horrendously wrong. We plan to be out on Jordan Sunday. It's the day with the least amount of rain chance.
Yeah, I'm planning the same. Hope it's a good day!

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, we tried the same on Sunday, cold day! At least seaforth was empty and was good for the Admiral to practice backing the trailer.

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thinking about heading out to Jordan or falls lake today. How busy has the hwy 50 ramp at falls lake been? How about New hope at Jordan?

Andisimose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thinking about heading out to Jordan or falls lake today. How busy has the hwy 50 ramp at falls lake been? How about New hope at Jordan?
No idea about the ramp. But there are 6 boats on falls right now.

Andisimose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have a good trailer person in the Raleigh area? We keep loosing our bearing buddy on the front passenger tire (even on the shortest trips) and I’ve exhausted the forum and my experience with tires. Need someone with more experience to make sure there are no real issues.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone have a good trailer person in the Raleigh area? We keep loosing our bearing buddy on the front passenger tire (even on the shortest trips) and I’ve exhausted the forum and my experience with tires. Need someone with more experience to make sure there are no real issues.
Does it fit in snug when you put it on? Do u have to tap it in with a hammer? I bought a new trailer in 16. This year I redid the bearings and seals and installed bearing buddies. I could not get the bearkngs in on hub to save my life. Even bough a hydronic press. Took it to a buddy mechanice of mine who used a micrometer and said the hub opening was 22 thousands on an inch too small and the bearing would not fit. No one had an explanation. Not even the manufacturer. I bought a new hub and everything went on great. What in saying is, your bearing buddy could be a hub issue.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Heard Crosswinds marina public ramp is back open. I was out yesterday and it wasn't busy at all. Don't think I'll be out today

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Heard Crosswinds marina public ramp is back open. I was out yesterday and it wasn't busy at all. Don't think I'll be out today
New hope appeared to be limiting capacity all the times we had been there, but today. Parking lot was so full could barely get the truck out. Was empty, like normal, around 9. Even picking a spot you don't have to back into it was so full you couldn't pull forward to get out. Fortunately my neighbor was parked next to us and with both getting out was able to maneuver enough to finally get out. Ramp wasn't bad, though, which was nice. Busy, but not crazy.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

919Cummins

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is Poe's Ridge open?

Swimmingly

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We may get my FSH out on Falls Lake tomorrow for the 1st time. Can anyone suggest a quieter ramp for getting in/out? Maybe we'll do Jordan since they have 6 ramps. Live near the the hwy 50 park entrance/ramp which seems to be always busy. Thanks in advance.
It is. That was one of the few that I don't think closed, but not many people know about it. Their "pier/dock" was still jacked up last I heard.

scottrus71

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does anyone know if the Fairrington Point ramp is open? Was planning to head out today and from experience I sometimes run into a closed ramp. Not sure the best way to get up to date info on WRC ramps yet.

granpachuck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does anyone know if the Fairrington Point ramp is open? Was planning to head out today and from experience I sometimes run into a closed ramp. Not sure the best way to get up to date info on WRC ramps yet.
Not much help today, just saw your post, but Farrington should be open. Jordan didn't change any status for the last several months. I almost got out yesterday, but we are planning on going today for a short ride with the grandkids.

On the ncparks site, these are open:
Parkers Creek:
Boat ramp (for campers only)
Group campsite
Poplar Point:
Campground loops C, E and F
Bathhouses
Boat ramp (for campers only)
New Hope Overlook:
Camping primitive areas A and B
Trails
Boat ramp
Seaforth:
Boat ramp
Vista Point:
RV group campsites
Tent group campsites
Hiking trails
Boat ramps
Restrooms

Robeson Creek:
Canoe access and boat ramp
Also open:
USACE Poes Ridge boat ramp
NCWRC Farrington Point boat ramp

scottrus71

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks! Yeah, Farrington was open and it was a good day. I was surprised at the number of people there yesterday, the lot 90% full at 2pm.

I’ve been on Harris all summer and just tried Falls last weekend when it was 60° and sunny. My impression is Falls and Harris are less crowded in the off season.

Have fun today!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Farrington never closes unless it's full. Even during the full shutdown it never closed. It's always a shit show during the summer months. I made the mistake of going to it once this summer and I'll never do it again. I used to use the "kayak" ramps with my skis all the time at farrington, and would look over at the boat ramps and see how much of a zoo it was. Next year isn't looking like it'll be any better as I'm sure we'll be in some form of lockdown again.