• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rear storage lid drains

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Tail waters, wondering if you ever completed the installation. Regards.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not as of yet. It's in a storage building behind my office. Meaning not conveniently parked in my driveway . I am planning on starting the install in the next couple weeks. The live well drain is the only one I'm struggling with.

Hector Leiva

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
You may already be aware of this, but If you’re concern is where/ how to mount and route the drain line; you can easily remove the 5 gallon bucket holder from the compartment directly behind the live well by removing some 8 screws. Removing the bucket holder give you plenty of room and access to the live well.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yep that's what I was leaning towards. As of right now the plan is to drain the jump seats as well as the engine compartment lid drains into the engine compartment bilge. The battery compartment as well as the live well drains will go to the transom area bilge. If I recall correctly the low spot in each channel is on the outside of the boat. If at all possible I would prefer to just install one drain in each of the areas. Prior to installing I’ll poor some water into each so called self-draining channel and determine where the low spot is.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
My most recent attempt at draining some of the standing water:
Every time I open the engine compartment there is about three cups of water that pour out after I wash down the deck. The simple solution was to just drill a 3/8" hole and mount the tubing into the hole and stabilize it with a bracket. Now the water just drains to the bilge. Cheap and easy.

IMG_1840.jpg IMG_1841.jpg IMG_1842.jpg IMG_1843.jpg

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So were you able to drill the holes straight without removing the lid?

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
So were you able to drill the holes straight without removing the lid?
I left the lid on and drilled in at a slight angle. Correspondingly I cut the tubing at a similar angle. Then I rested the tubing in some silicone.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I wondered. I am thinking I will need to remove the hatch to get a night straight hole. Nothing is as easy as you think it would be

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Based on what I'm seeing with the drainage don't worry so much about the angle of the hole as much as how flush the drain tubing is with the channel. The water doesn't care as long as gravity keeps obeying the law.