• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rebuild supercharger rebuild - 100 or 200 hrs?

slaubman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I have a 2015 Scarab 215 Impulse with twin 200hp Rotax engines. They just passed the 100 hrs mark. Searching online, I’ve seen posts saying the superchargers should be rebuilt at the 200 hrs mark but also some that suggest the threshold is 100 hrs. I’d like to get a definitive answer since, with winter not too far off here in Canada, I’ll have the rebuild done before next summer if the time is now.

Thanks in advance!

Sidarousmg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
it is technically every 200 hours or 2 years, whichever comes first. my challenger (just purchased) is at 8 years on the SC which i intend to rebuilt this winter. for me personally, i will likely make it a 4 or 5 year rebuilt schedule as cost is not that high if you pull it yourself and send it for rebuilt (about $500 per SC). but only you can determine the risk/reward for yourself.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I've only seen every 200 hours.

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Looks like 200 is your mark, regardless of hours. I remember being told by someone very experienced, possibly at Riva Racing, not to operate to the full maint hour interval, but say at 190, if 200 is the interval. I save a little coin and bring the super charger(s) into the dealer and let them rebuild them. That's a maint item that I definitely don't ignore.

Capture.JPG

Jbirdgoodpaster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Looks like 200 is your mark, regardless of hours. I remember being told by someone very experienced, possibly at Riva Racing, not to operate to the full maint hour interval, but say at 190, if 200 is the interval. I save a little coin and bring the super charger(s) into the dealer and let them rebuild them. That's a maint item that I definitely don't ignore.

View attachment 132194
Would you happen to have a PDF of the service Manuel for that year scarab?

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I had a 2007 SeaDoo Speedster didn't rebuild mine till 100 hours and 12 years later... The superchargers on the newer ones don't need to be until 200. Mine was first 100 then every 200 there after.