• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Regal Rush XR2 opinios

LinkedXJ

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Other
New member here, wanting to be a first time jet boat owner..

Im actually more interested in the sugar sand boats.. however i recently came across a regal rush XR2.

I tried to do a quick google search but didnt really come up with any good results on what others thought about them.

Any regal rush owners here?
Ive found a 97 that seems to be in excellent shape. 175hp engine, 14' long.
craigslist ad says the only issue is a separating seam in one of the seats.
Price is $4500.. I did a quick retail look up and according to NADA, average retail is around $2800.

Any input?

Thanks!!

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! Really don't know anything about the Regal Rush, is that a Mercury Sportjet? 175 hp in 14 ft sounds like a blast! I'm sure someone here might be familiar with them.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Never even heard of one, but sure does look like a Seadoo Speedster. Welcome aboard!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard @LinkedXJ!

Based off the location of the craigslist ad, are you from around Lafayette?

LinkedXJ

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Other
Thank ya!

Im from Champaign IL
We have a seasonal campsite down on lake mattoon

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had a 'o7 euroline cyclone with a 175 merc sport jet and pump, designated m2 I think. It was almost identical to the subject regal which I've also seen a few off. I thought they were better than comparable speedsters because speedsters had rotax engines instead of traditional v6s loke the m2s.

I think the one pictured is very over priced. I wouldn't pay that much and recommend you look at newer speedsters instead if you want to stay in the size boat. I had the 3 carbs rebuilt on mine for $700. The needles were deteriorating and the shop even sent them to mercury at mercury's request. The boat started and ran fine on the trailer before I took it to the shop. My point being, test drive it, don't just buy a jet boat based on the fact it starts on the trailer.

Here are some examples of pricing out here. Check out the seating config in the sk.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/boa/5049479040.html

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/boa/5002149787.html

LinkedXJ

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Other
Oh im well aware of what other jet boats there are out there. Ive been shopping for one for about 3 months now.

Kinda iffy on the dual engine stuff.
Worried about issues down the road. They may run great now, but ive heard they can be a real headache
to keep both engines running great.

Any one of you guys got any input on the sugar sand tango boats?
Ive got several bookmarked that i am interested in.
$7k is my by far maximum budget.

Im considering a I/O bow rider as well, ive found quite a few that we like.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

LinkedXJ

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Other
$7k may be my max, but i would much rather spend alot less then that..
Which is why i am shopping for other boats.

That regal rush sold, someone got a great deal....Hah!

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Neither the boat nor the engine are still in production therefore parts for those engines and pumps are getting harder to obtain. As is finding mechanics to work on them.
I had a regal rush with a smaller engine in it. I loved the boat but hated it's lack of steering control so I invented enhanced steering to solve the problem and thus began a company called cobra jet steering back in 2001. I would suggest if they want more than average n. a. d. a. book value I would pass on it. The Mercury v 6 is a pretty good engine it's basically an outboard mounted on a jet pump.

hoppersteven

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a 2001 sugar sand tango 210 with the sportjet and loved it. Had it for two years and just sold it last month after upgrading. Never had any problems

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is the 175hp sports jet I had. Basically the same as the regal rush, a bench seat and ottoman mounted on a thousand pound hull with a 175hp sport jet. Mine was awesome. I didn't own a GPS yet, it was my first boat but I could keep up with almost any high end jet ski on the water at that time. I did have problems with my carbs that forced me to have them rebuilt but it was a good starter boat but if you enjoy boating you will get two to ten footitis quickly. Greet for blasting around in but not an all day ride.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2001-Euroline-Cyclone-102292924

sporku

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm a little late to the conversation, but I currently have a 98 Regal Rush xr2 175, and must say they perform very well. As for that ad (which I saw in cl a couple months ago) 70mph is bs. 55 is more accurate. They come out of the hole and up on plane in about two seconds. If you find one you're interested in I highly recommend compression testing all cylinders. Worst thing about the 2.5 merc powerhead is that the oil injection drive gear is plastic, and notorious for failing (how I ended up with mine). These also seem to be very well known for being cold natured as hell to start. The boat itself seems to be very solid, rides great, and turns so hard and sharp you can throw your passengers out if you choose to do so.

The powerheads are expensive to buy rebuild parts for, readily available, and a pita to rebuild. I've built many a 2stroke ski motor, but that powerhead was tedious. $1,800 for parts, and machining alone (includes new boysen reeds, all bearings, gaskets, pistons, and one rod).

I'm taking mine out from Hammond, IN to the Chicago navy pier this weekend for the fireworks, and then selling it to get a bigger boat, so expect to see it in Indianapolis craigslist soon.