• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Relocating to year around better weather

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@malibu Dan we actually hired our own inspector since we don't know anything about the local code etc. When we did our walk through we focused on any changes like where the freezer plug was going, the media room wiring...those kinds of things. They did need to make a few changes to those since it was screwed up. So far...very happy with the build process and their responses to anything we needed fixed

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@malibu Dan we actually hired our own inspector since we don't know anything about the local code etc. When we did our walk through we focused on any changes like where the freezer plug was going, the media room wiring...those kinds of things. They did need to make a few changes to those since it was screwed up. So far...very happy with the build process and their responses to anything we needed fixed
Ok thank you.. I think we will have our real estate accompany us..I’m glad all is going smoothly

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Ok thank you.. I think we will have our real estate accompany us..I’m glad all is going smoothly
Walk through went well.. drywall starts in the next couple of weeks..

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Great to hear. We are already done with the drywall and they are at the tape/mud stage. Texture should go on next week. They are getting some progress done outside too! Should get out 60 day close date hopefully at the end of this week. I will be going back for a visit to austin next Saturday. Should be huge progress since the last time i saw it. This is so exciting!
34B15BBF-2266-4437-AA67-F260C03632A3.jpeg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Interesting no roof ridge vent on a new home build. Figured they would be standard these days. We replaced our roof last year and have noticed a nice temp difference in the attic and interior temp consistency wth the ridge vents. Looking nice!

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I think maybe back side of ridge line for aesthetics

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Brick looks awesome... im so envious how far ahead you are in your build

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
From start to finish it will about 8 months. Feels like forever!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shoot, guess I need to jump in here. This is the house we are in escrow on. Scheduled to take possession in April. Ocean and sunset views. Air B&B in the downstairs to pay the mortgage! Most importantly, plenty of parking for the boat below the pool!Screenshot_20200216-150559_Redfin.jpg

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Great!! @Scuba_ref . We need to form an ex-pacificnorthwest detox group!

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@gwrace1 we are moving to Georgetown tx...where are you??
We are in Round Rock, just south of Georgetown. My wife and son both work in Georgetown. Welcome to the Lone Star State....You will have easy access to any of the 6 nearby Highland Lakes. Or if you prefer salt water boating the Gulf of Mexico is not that far away. We use the boat year round although we don't typically go in the water until April without a wetsuit. My boss and his buddies have fishing boats moored along the coast. They typically go down there a couple of times a month for offshore fishing. We are far enough away from the coast that we don't get any hurricane threats but do enjoy the rainfall they provide.

Last edited:

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@malibu Dan i’m back in austin for another few days to check on the progress. Turning out stunning!!

FA9AA8BC-413A-4026-825C-02B95889C872.jpeg

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@malibu Dan i’m back in austin for another few days to check on the progress. Turning out stunning!!

View attachment 112248
Wow, your house is looking amazing.. again I love the steep pitched roof and brick facia... that is going to be a beautiful home when it is done... I think your big move was well worth it...

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@malibu Dan yes...it will be well worth the move for both of us!!

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@malibu Dan . We have 35 days until the walk through! Yes...very excited.

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well, no new pics but insulation installed.. drywall, stucco, roof should start anytime.. should be getting a closing date sent to us this week....have they started on the pool Bobbie?

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@malibu Dan we need the approval of the hoa for the pool but we can’t submit the application until we close. Part of the process is including a closing statement from closing. All the other paperwork is finished and the day of april 16th i’m sending it over pronto. We should be swimming by mid june at the latest. Here’s a couple of recent pics...they are finishing the plumbing, lighting, electrical. We get our front door this week and appliances next week. 26 days until i’m there...but who’s counting! Ps. Ignore the one pendant that is missing a cover...it got broken somehow
A375A8F2-3F0D-4313-82C9-E1459C4BE66E.jpeg6242BB0E-C3E4-4573-9E9C-AC7D9C0638CB.jpegEDB81DA1-BD47-407A-BCEE-C7C4D48FE113.jpeg

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@bobbie Ya'lls house is looking great! Don't you just love HOA's. I don't know if you have dealt with one in the past, but for the most part, a lot of them are a pain in the rear. Hopefully the one you're moving into will be a good one to work with. We had an architecture approval committee for our neighborhood that really just approved plans of houses or secondary buildings to make sure they met the appearance and square footage guidelines. Once all the lots were occupied with houses the committee was dissolved. We've never had to pay dues or anything. We purposely avoided areas with HOA's when we were looking for property to build on 18 years ago.

A quick weather forecast for my area of Texas, Dallas, high in the low 80's and breezy, or windy, with a small chance of rain. The trees and grass are starting to turn green. It's springtime here in Texas! I've heard that the bluebonnets are starting to make their annual appearance in your new neck of the woods. Hopefully you'll be down in time to see some.

Welcome to Texas!