• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Removing bow roller stains

Ozzyj93

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey all. Looking to replace my bow roller with a Stoltz. There’s some black dirt on the bow (like photo) and it seems really tough to clean and doesn’t really come off. Someone suggested on Facebook I use finishing polish (not even sure what that is), but I found the attached on Amazon. It’s StarBrite chrome and stainless polish. Anyone know if this would work? Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

EndlessSummer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Following, mine has some black as well that I would like to get rid of.

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i'd bet a magic eraser would remove that

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since magic erasers are brought up so often for "cleaning" around here, it might be useful to contemplate why they work so well, without a lick of any other product.

They're sandpaper.

Very fine (ultra fine even) sandpaper.

Of course it will work, as will 1200 grit wet/dry paper. Do you want the work that may potentially come with it to get it back to great?

You haven't said if, or what, you used, so help us with some more info. What have you used, or are you asking for a first attack on this? The search function here is generally a brazillion times better than Facebook advice, and if you can't find anything from a search, giving us as much info as possible will help us to help you.

You've shown us the end result of the markings, but not the roller itself that's done the damage. The roller you have may not be the "typical" roller, but even so, it helps to know what you're dealing with.

A degreaser along with some elbow grease may work, some scum line cleaner combos listed around here may work, someone may have the exact setup and dealt with it before - so what is it that you're dealing with, to get some more ideas going for you?

I won't ever take a magic eraser to my boat, other than after some gelcoat work, for which an ultra fine sanding sponge can be the perfect tool prior to buffing it out and back to full shine again, and some interiors make a specific mention not to use those for seating surfaces, but sometimes, it might be the perfect solution if you consider what might be needed afterwards.

P.S. The Stoltz will mark as well, but way way way less, and it blends in better so you don't notice it as quickly

viper15

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've had good luck with Mequires' Scratch-X for removing scuff marks, polishing out small scratches, etc. Has worked on my boat, car, and injection molded snowmobile hood. Amazon link below for reference.