• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacing trailer tires

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks! @Oscar Cruz

I was ready to pull the trigger on recstuff wheels and tires, but this deal was too good to pass up. I really like the recstuff wheel design, but this is like buying a tire and getting an aluminum wheel free. Sweet!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length

Andy NJ

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I posted about this in another thread.
The Administration slapped a 15% tariff on Chinese imports, including tires, effective today, 05.10.2019. Many trailer tires are made in China still. Also, even though these Goodyear tires are built in the US, they will also raise prices to stay priced above the imports (and pad the bottom line). If your on the fence about tires, I'd get them soon. It wont take long before you see these tariffs passed along in costs.

"WASHINGTON — The U.S. is prepared to go ahead with plans to raise tariffs on $200 billion worth of goods from China — including tires and other automotive components — to 25%, according to the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR)" "The 194-page list, which covers 5,745 separate items, includes virtually every type of pneumatic tire; many rubber chemicals, synthetic rubbers and grades of natural rubber; and rubber auto and industrial parts including V-belts, conveyor belts, tubes, pipes and hoses. "

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Received the Goodyear Assurance tires and wheels from Overton's today. Super fast shipping and no damage.

The tire has a "quality" look about it, hopefully it performs just as well. I did notice no weights on the any of the wheels, so I assume they are not balanced. Should I run them up to the shop and get them balanced?

Thanks!

IMG_20190510_192135830.jpg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Received the Goodyear Assurance tires and wheels from Overton's today. Super fast shipping and no damage.

The tire has a "quality" look about it, hopefully it performs just as well. I did notice no weights on the any of the wheels, so I assume they are not balanced. Should I run them up to the shop and get them balanced?

Thanks!

View attachment 93990
I ran into this conundrum when having my tires put on. My buddy who installed them(owns a shop) said he's never personally put weights on a boat trailer tire as they'll likely just get tossed off. However, if I wanted it he'd do it. So I said to not bother. They ride smooth as ever up to 65mph, which is as fast as I'll ever tow.

Chappy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The real question is how do they feel compared to old?
Took the boat out last weekend albeit a short trip but it did include some highway and they did great. Getting everything ready to join this group for next year's Bimini and/or West End run... :)

Mando

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Finally put on my Overton's Goodyear Endurance and aluminium "steal" wheels. Clearance and coupon made it a "steal".

Jury is still out as I only traveled 8 miles at 45mph, but they sure look good and ride fine.
IMG_20190601_164137796_HDR.jpgIMG_20190601_164126140_HDR.jpg

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I ran into this conundrum when having my tires put on. My buddy who installed them(owns a shop) said he's never personally put weights on a boat trailer tire as they'll likely just get tossed off. However, if I wanted it he'd do it. So I said to not bother. They ride smooth as ever up to 65mph, which is as fast as I'll ever tow.
Towed mine over 2 hours at 65-70mph and they were super smooth. I feel confident mine will last me a good long while and would tow this thing any distance without any fear now.

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd read this article before putting car tires on your trailer: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=219

I only replaced my Carlisles because the trailer company was willing to cover the cost as the trailer was supposed to come with Radials. If I were in your position, I'd run the current tires down, THEN replace with Radials.
@Julian, do you know if Shorelandr still covers the cost of switching to radials? I have a 2020 AR210, and it still came with ST215/75/D14 Bias tires.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian, do you know if Shorelandr still covers the cost of switching to radials? I have a 2020 AR210, and it still came with ST215/75/D14 Bias tires.
You would have to contact Carlisle, and I doubt they are still replacing them. The tire label on the trailer states it can be either bias or radial