• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Results of latest gmtech mods and A SHARK ON THE BOAT!!!!!

gmtech16450yz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is something I thought about last year but did not get around to. I can make the panel easy enough but would like to know how you decided to tackle the pad.
The pad was "interesting". haha. Raising it up wasn't a problem, I simply made a wood base that raised the front edge an inch or two (don't remember) and had it taper back to flat on the windshield end. That gave me enough room to make a nice big panel to mount whatever I wanted on. The interesting part was I figured I'd have no problem stretching some vinyl or pleather over the plastic dash and down the sides to cover the longer area. Covering most of it wasn't an issue, it got ugly when I tried to stretch the material around the front corners. If you look at the pad, it's covered under the front edge and sides. That means you'd have to somehow cut out or try to hide all the excess material in the corners. I couldn't make it look decent so I took it to my upholstery guy. He laughed and said he'd rip it all back off and start over. If you look closely at my pictures, you'll see that he actually stitched a separate piece onto the front of the pad, that way he wouldn't have a bunch of material to deal with in the corners. It turned out great, but I felt somewhat defeated by not being able to cover it myself! No big deal, just cost me some money to have it done right.

So long story short, if you took the dash pad to an upholstery shop and said "make the front of this thing X" taller", I'm sure they could do it. The other way you could do it is to make the "base" look decent all on it's own and not mess with the main part of the pad at all. Just make a wood base and paint it black, then set the stock pad on top of that. It would probably look fine and be a lot easier/cheaper.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can't believe you put a whole winch in there and not a windlass with that cool bow roller mod.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@gmtech16450yz As if everything else you did wasn't awesome, this anchor winch is killer! Can you run through a list of parts needed? Approximate cost? I have always wanted to do this, or something similar! I have a 2010, so it would be a little different. Is that bracket with the roller something custom made or off the shelf? Very cool man. Your a craftsman!

gmtech16450yz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@gmtech16450yz As if everything else you did wasn't awesome, this anchor winch is killer! Can you run through a list of parts needed? Approximate cost? I have always wanted to do this, or something similar! I have a 2010, so it would be a little different. Is that bracket with the roller something custom made or off the shelf? Very cool man. Your a craftsman!
Dang, sorry, I suck at replies sometimes.

Most of the parts I used were taken off the Deckhand winch. The rollers came on the winch, I just "modified" them a little. haha. Mounting the winch under the top of the anchor compartment isn't that hard, routing the line up from there and out to the water is a little harder. If you look at my pics you can figure out how to do it. I'd put it at a level 8 or 9 for the "average" home modder or tinkerer. lol. It's doable, just a little tricky working out the details like having the ladder hold the roller and stay extended and retracted properly. Then you have to run power wires and mount the switch, which is also from the Deckhand winch. For me pictures are key, if you need more from me to do the mod I can post more.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I may have missed where you explained, but what is this "Deckhand winch" you speak of? Lol Is it a winch you bought and just broke down for parts? Also, what size line are you running? It looks a hair thin, but maybe it's something stronger? Appreciate the pics and advice. I've wanted this for a while!