• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Retail price vs price paid?

RB28

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looking at a new 19 242 Limited s 65k out the door but waiting to see what the 2020 have then make the call

OakleyAK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I've been preparing to buy an AR195 and some point in the near future and have been keeping an eye on pricing. As of late these are some of the listed prices I've found:

- Left over 2018 AR195 @ $33,999
- Left over 2018 AR190 @ $30,649
- From forum > left over 195 @ ~5K off MSRP
- Current MY 2019 AR195 @ $35,499
- Current MY 2019 AR195 @ $34,299

Hope this helps.

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well, since the 20's held nothing new for the 242X (except a price increase), I went back to my dealer roday to negotiate one of the 19's he had in stock.

I am happy to report that the deal is done! 2019 242X (Blue) with the deluxe premium cover and yamaha surf package, $73,750 out the door.

nawlinstornado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looking at a new 19 242 Limited s 65k out the door but waiting to see what the 2020 have then make the call
I have a deposit down on a '19 242 Limited S, out the door (minus taxes) for $58,365. Picking her up this weekend.

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I purchased a 2019 242 Limited S E-series at the end of July. I was able to figure out from a few past years that the dealer invoice pricing is about 11% off the MSRP for almost all Yamaha models. The higher-volume dealers will do that plus prep and tax all day long, and sometimes you can get freebies thrown in, or at least everything you ask for at their cost.

Shop around, driving 2 or 3 hours might save you literally thousands!!

09kawi438

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some people have gotten some deals of MSRP on current model boats. I got last years, and demo model and saved 11k. For the most part you can negotiate extras such as mooring covers, safety kits, 10 hour service, anchors and other nuggets like that.
Never bought a boat before, off trip the sale guy told me mooring cover or snap on cover depends what I want, (I picked mooring),thust vectors he added in, any 2 person o brian tube or any wake board( I have 2 wakes board so ina pick a tube, also 2 o'Brien life vest high impact, and tube tow rope, cost guard package , ancor,braided dock lines, he gunna store it for the winter and re reg it in the spring for me so I'll be good next year, he also told me any promo from the winter boat shows they are going 3 of them any promos he will include and lastly he said if I wanna go to the boat show he will give me tickets just call him,and lastly he took 500 bucks off the boat, did not charge me freight or prep only dealer Conveyance and sales tax only thing I added for a was tube. This is on brand new 2020 ar195 not even a left over .

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
that is a pretty rad set of add ons.