• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ribbon delete 2019 1.8l 210fsh no go

orexismd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wanted to try and save others a little bit of elbow grease and frustration. Tried performing a ribbon delete on 2019 FSH 210 but wasn’t able to get it done. It appears they have changed design and molded, onto the manifold, the black plastic ring just inside of the red rubber O-ring so that it cannot be removed in order to remove the ribbon beneath it:/

5D136366-E9E4-43D4-860A-4903968DD729.jpeg
F4BB194F-2767-491C-B85E-5D9539BE97BD.jpeg

Jason spanick

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Was planning the same with my 2018 212 limited s. So hopefully someone will chime in with some advice. I would like to know What year they change it. I have seen where they had to use a hole saw to drill it out on a 1.8 but not sure the year. And if I can remove mine is there anything showing a difference in having the sleeve insert or not. Can’t think that it would effect the air turbulence enough to cause any issue. Seen a lot of talk but has anyone done a actual test.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I promise you can definitely get the ribbon out (by destroying it) but the results in my opinion were not worth the effort. In addition to destroying the ribbon, you will destroy your hands and knuckles. I will advise though, in your FSH you do not have the 1.8 liter like a 212 Limited, you have the TR-1 engines which are 1 liter 3 cyl engines. More like an AR or SX210.

orexismd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was trying to trouble shoot why i have lost some power. Brand new, I could top top out at 48/49 mph. Now I see 40/41 solo. I took the extra added weight out (trolling motor and batteries, emptied cooler) and getting 43/44. So' I've lost ~5mph. I did notice I overfilled the oil and had some oil in the intake when trying to remove the ribbon. Air filter needs changing as well. Have some small dings on the starboard impeller. probably a combination of these factors. Going to try running w/o the filter to test and lightly file the impeller edges

Port:
IMG_1721.jpg

Starboard:

IMG_1722.jpg

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have lost 2-3 mph since new, trying to find it doing the same things you are. I'm at the point now where I'll likely be sealing my pump tunnels and looking at some impeller cone options to help with a bit of cavitation I have now that didn't used to be there.

Botchco

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I was trying to trouble shoot why i have lost some power. Brand new, I could top top out at 48/49 mph. Now I see 40/41 solo. I took the extra added weight out (trolling motor and batteries, emptied cooler) and getting 43/44. So' I've lost ~5mph. I did notice I overfilled the oil and had some oil in the intake when trying to remove the ribbon. Air filter needs changing as well. Have some small dings on the starboard impeller. probably a combination of these factors. Going to try running w/o the filter to test and lightly file the impeller edges

Port:
View attachment 123771

Starboard:

View attachment 123772
PLEASE POST WHAT YOUR FINDINGS ARE! CURIOUS OF SAME THING!

JTrottaNY

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Port side definitely looks like its due for replacement. I didn't realize how "little" damage could cause a huge drop off in performance until I replaced the impeller on my old boat (single engine). It looked about like your port side, the boat cavitated badly and I couldn't get up on plane with anyone else in the boat. I even looked at it and thought "no way I've seen boats with mangled props, this isn't too bad". Put a new impeller and wear ring in and it was back up to about 46mph with no cavitation.

I would guess your starboard side is doing most of the work right now. Maybe try running each side independently and see how bad the difference is?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, your port at least needs a good filing and may need a replace. I started mine with filing and it was good enough.

Second, on your starboard there is a piece of something stuck in your impeller. As small as it may seem, it can have a negative impact by causing cavitation.

Finally, and most importantly, most of the degradation in pump performance comes from some of the silicone from the intake path coming off. Everything from immediately outside the grate up to the impeller should be smooth. So outside of the grate, those bolts holding the grate to the boat should be filled and smoothed. All of the joints to the grate, to the cleanout port, to the pump--each should be smoothed over with silicone. If there are gaps there, they need to be filled. Did that to my boat and it was like the puppy was brand new again.

Do all that first before looking further, IMHO.

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Riva sells a kit to cut out the ribbon. It’s not coming out on its own. It needs drilling with a hole saw as part of the kit.