• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ribbon delete 2019 Limited SE

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have aquasport rings in mine. No issues with size on my 16 ar240. Someone goofed up on yours. Incorrect part number

ks9mm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Weird. I hope aquasport Will respond with explanation.

2016 SX 240

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Weird. I hope aquasport Will respond with explanation.

2016 SX 240
Yamaha changed the intake manifold back and forth between the models, very confusing. There are two sizes and the suppliers often goof up even if you give them the exact Model number of your boat as there were small and large sizes within the same MY.
As long as you did not leave the rubber seal behind with no spacer you will be fine, IMHO.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it were me and i had it apart. I wouldn't put the ribbons back in and run it empty and see how it goes

ks9mm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Exactly what I did. Left it empty and will see how it will run without it. Too bad I have to wait for spring now!!

Also,
I did not remove air box snorkels. Mine were glued in, i did not want to cut them off.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The snorkels come out with a good tug. There is some sealer holding it in but easy to take out and put back if need be

ks9mm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is there a benefit from taking snorkels out? They don’t seem to restrict much.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there a benefit from taking snorkels out? They don’t seem to restrict much.
I’m not sure. They do dampen some engine noise. Not sure there is a net benefit.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So I decided to do ribbon delete prior to fogging motors and ordered aquasport rings. Guess what. They don’t fit. Too small. Aqua sport does not answer phone and no response to email so far, so I put everything back together without the spacer. What do you think about that? I don’t see why spacer is needed At all other than potential issues with turbulence.

@ks9mm What was the part number on the throttle body ring that you ordered ? I have the Aquasport YH-16002 ready to go in I looked at the parts fiche for the 2016 ar sx and 2017 242xe and they all look like the same ribbon part #6D3-144B-00-0

ks9mm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
it was YH-16002. I spoke with them, they are aware of some Ribbons being larger size. I've sent them mine, as my boat is down for the winter anyhow and they said they will be making larger version with next month or so, based on my Ribbon.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Based on the pictures it looks like the plastic housing on yours must be much wider to fit the larger ribbon , not sure if its easy to measure but if you could take a measurement of yours this may help when people order to make sure they get the correct part. The gauge of the rubber ring looks to be the same

The yellow arrows show the rubber insert

The red arrows show the exterior of the plastic piece. On yours I would guess this has to be at least 1'' wider to fit the giant ribbon and rubber bushing. Your boat must be fast with the factory oversized ribbon :winkingthumbsup" Maybe the whole throttle body is larger as well

picture courtesy of @MidnightRider

Large ribbon ?

Picture courtesy of @ks9mm

ks9mm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This whole adventure started with me topping out at 7250 rpm and 45-46 mph. I will take pics with measurements and repost.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was hoping you would measure the throttle body part so that when other members order they can identify the correct part to order. I think someone posted the entire piece was plastic. The outside measurement is a clear identification to know if you have the large or small ring that would be needed . The outside diameter must be larger I measured my delete ring and it's close to 10mm less.

Last edited: