• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Roller scuff marks

tradenpaint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have some light scuff marks created from the roller. I have a Stoltz replacement roller to install. What works best to remove the lite scuff marks created by the old roller? The area is that is scuffed is black in color. TIA

It depends. Are the scuffs residue left behind on the hull from the roller, or scratches in the finish?
I thought they were scuff residue...after looking closer they are possibly fine scratches.

I’ve had this happen a few times in the past. I used a microfiber towel and Meguires Wax for black paint and put a little dab on the towel and it took some major elbow grease with my finger pushing as hard as possible (nearly) and fingernail and scratching the wax also and after about 15 minutes it was perfect. Fingernail and wax together didn’t scratch it. But it’s some serious elbow (finger) grease to get it all out. There’s prolly a much easier way.

Last edited:
Had the same issue using a Karavan trailer for a Sea Doo Challenger instead of the OEM trailer. Either method described by Mesa or NewBoater should work for removing the scuffs. Simple Green may work as well. For roughly pocket change you can wrap some vinyl or other protective material keel strip along the 6 inches or so where the bumper contacts the keel https://www.amazon.com/Scotchgard-C...04VG8DS0/ref=pd_lpo_3?pd_rd_i=B004VG8DS0&th=1

Back