• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Stoltz Bow Roller

Lth101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doing my best to get my Stoltz bow roller from Jet boat pilot to be centered on my boat. I had to put 3 washers on the right side to space it out a little bit so it wouldn’t crush. I also noticed the piece on my trailer that the winch and bow roller is attached to had a lot of play back and forth so I tightened that as well. Any ideas?

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you talk to jbp about this ? Will is big on customer satisfaction

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Lth101 I prefer the smaller bells on the side of my Stolz so I have more contact with the center roler. Find that if it just on the side bells it flexs a bit on some good bump.

Anyhow, either you need to loosen your winch bracket at the trailer and see if you can wiggle it to center the roller. OR, you need to adjust the boat on the bunks and the bunks themselves to straighten out the boat more.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1697684153350.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The other thing I do, is when I am coming out of the water and the bunks are wet, and I have the winch strap on and safety chain attached I will go 5 mph or so and hit the brakes hard. This will snug the boat against the roller and as in your case very well could center it for you. Try that first before you get into it to far.

Lth101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Lth101 I prefer the smaller bells on the side of my Stolz so I have more contact with the center roler. Find that if it just on the side bells it flexs a bit on some good bump.

Anyhow, either you need to loosen your winch bracket at the trailer and see if you can wiggle it to center the roller. OR, you need to adjust the boat on the bunks and the bunks themselves to straighten out the boat more.
Maybe i would have been better off :\ i just chose what was supposed to be a perfect fit for the boat i have.

Lth101

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you talk to jbp about this ? Will is big on customer satisfaction
I just shot them an email, the left bell on the roller also has an unfinished edge which looks like could really scratch the scrap out of the bow of my boat when loading it. The right bell is nice and rounded... kind of weird. I would put my old one back on but its even worse lol

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is the incorrect bell size for that boat. I believe it has come up before that their sizing for each boat should be double checked.