• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

RTV Cause Cavitation? - Thrust Vectors bolt\spring - Yamaha AR210

Doug_DeVore

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi All -
I've been lurking for a bit, but feel like I should post this.

Long story short. I bought a used AR210 that had sustained damaged to the starboard jet drive (guy sucked up the anchor) and it would cavitate all the time until on plane. I checked and doubled checked for debris but no luck. I finally took the jet pump apart today and found NOTHING! Wear ring and impeller looked great. I started to put it back together and noticed lots of RTV. I spent the next three hours scraping RTV off all the mating surfaces and put it back together. Dropped the boat in the river and it WORKED GREAT!

But then I dropped a bolt out of the fin thingy! Anyone know where I can get that bolt and spring before 4th of july?

Attachments

• VX Plate.jpg
    VX Plate.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 23
Yes, give Will and his team a shout out.

Apologies for my ignorance, what’s RTV short for?

Permatex silicone caulking/gasket sealer is often referred to as RTV in the automotive world since there are now many makers. The full name is Permatex (insert color/temp/sensor safe/number here like Blue) RTV Silicone Sealant.

It’s like using the name Loctite as the generic for some form of liquid thread locker, even though Loctite is a name brand, again with different temps/hardness.

Yes. Permatex silicone between all the mating surfaces. I would have never guessed in a million years that would have been a problem. Obviously the guy who did the work was more of a fiberglass guy than a jet boat guy.

Boat is running great. I just gotta get that spring assembly.

Hi All -
I've been lurking for a bit, but feel like I should post this.

Long story short. I bought a used AR210 that had sustained damaged to the starboard jet drive (guy sucked up the anchor) and it would cavitate all the time until on plane. I checked and doubled checked for debris but no luck. I finally took the jet pump apart today and found NOTHING! Wear ring and impeller looked great. I started to put it back together and noticed lots of RTV. I spent the next three hours scraping RTV off all the mating surfaces and put it back together. Dropped the boat in the river and it WORKED GREAT!

But then I dropped a bolt out of the fin thingy! Anyone know where I can get that bolt and spring before 4th of july?
Email this request to us at will@jetboatpilot.com

Will, Some young lady got me taken care of the week before the 4th of july. It was perfect timing! Thank you. Let me know where you would like me to leave a review and I will get that done. Thanks a million!

Doug
a Google review would be very helpful

Back