• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Russia Invades Ukraine AND Chinese Aircraft Enter Taiwan Airspace

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If the World lets him do this, it will show that no border is safe. Other bad actors in the region will be empowered. Nothing good will come from this.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here comes $6-7 a gallon of gas. We are so weak. Not sure why we care about Ukraine when we turn a blind eye to our own borders. Oh wait, a certain family has tie$ to Ukraine. Makes sense lol.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here comes $6-7 a gallon of gas. We are so weak. Not sure why we care about Ukraine when we turn a blind eye to our own borders. Oh wait, a certain family has tie$ to Ukraine. Makes sense lol.
No doubt.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I am curious how true the genocide claims against Russians in Ukraine are.

We have clearly seen over the past two years how the media does not present the entire picture.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$4 gas (Midwest on land) /$6 gas (Cali) may convince people to sell their boats and RVs sooner. So people in the market for a used boat have that going for them.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
So far Russia has shelled the capital and shot down Ukrainian aircraft. They have also deployed the Russian equivalence of the US airborne.

Last edited:

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Tanks are rolling through Crimea and what is Sad is that it is grid lock in Kyiv and people can’t flee. Shame on the Ukrainian media and government.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Tanks are rolling through Crimea and what is Sad is that it is grid lock in Kyiv and people can’t flee. Shame on the Ukrainian media and government.
Okay, I don't get it. Russia invades a sovereign country and the Ukrainian media and government is at fault? Aside from the two breakaway republics, the people in Ukraine do not want to be aligned with Russia and Putin says tough shit and invades.

For those of you who don't care about Ukraine, where does he go next?

Jim

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Okay, I don't get it. Russia invades a sovereign country and the Ukrainian media and government is at fault? Aside from the two breakaway republics, the people in Ukraine do not want to be aligned with Russia and Putin says tough shit and invades.

Jim
There was a lot of denial in the media and the government should've evacuated citizens sooner. There is gridlock on the highways. They are sitting ducks.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He probably won't be going anywhere else. I don't see NATO rolling into the Ukraine, so unless Ukraine can ward them off or he gets bored, its game over for the Ukraine. He doesn't care about sanctions.

What is very sad is the people of Ukraine and what they will have to go through. They should have been evacuated when Russia was beefing up on the border.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
He probably won't be going anywhere else. I don't see NATO rolling into the Ukraine, so unless Ukraine can ward them off or he gets bored, its game over for the Ukraine. He doesn't care about sanctions.

What is very sad is the people of Ukraine and what they will have to go through. They should have been evacuated when Russia was beefing up on the border.
Where would the people of Ukraine have evacuated to?

I would offer that Putin and his fellow oligarch do care about the sanctions, but are rich enough to weather them. Putin's wealth is estimated at $200+ billion. Pretty successful for a guy for makes $150K a year. My guess is that sanctions will make it rough for the normal Russian citizen. Guess I'm not surprise about the invasion, as the first tell-tale sign was when he move ship yacht from the German shipyard even though it had not finished its refit.

Jim

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where would the people of Ukraine have evacuated to?

I would offer that Putin and his fellow oligarch do care about the sanctions, but are rich enough to weather them. Putin's wealth is estimated at $200+ billion. Pretty successful for a guy for makes $150K a year. My guess is that sanctions will make it rough for the normal Russian citizen. Guess I'm not surprise about the invasion, as the first tell-tale sign was when he move ship yacht from the German shipyard even though it had not finished its refit.

Jim
Where they are evacuating now, A lot are going to Poland who is welcoming them and helping them and other neighboring countries. At the very least move them out of the major eastern cities. China, India and other countries will gladly buy their oil, gas, wheat, etc. Sanctions aren't going to do much if anything right now. I don't see it happening. But it would be a great thing if they would work.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How many said that when Putin invaded Georgia, when Hitler invaded Austria?
I get that, but I don't think he wants to go to war with NATO and especially the U.S. That is a war I don't think Russia would survive/win, unless it goes nuclear, which is bad. They picked off Crimea, they will most likely pick off Ukraine. He pretty much assumes/knows that at least at this point the only resistance would be the Ukraine Military and Sanctions. If NATO gets involved, Then China may get involved in some way or something.

What I have been thinking about is, "Is there something that He Wants that is big enough to wind this down and back out of the Ukraine?" I can't quite figure that out. Is the true Angle to just grab Ukraine, or is there something else that this would be used for leverage.

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I get that, but I don't think he wants to go to war with NATO and especially the U.S.
That was a popular opinion in March of 1938. Then came Poland.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Jim

The Ukrainian people were told by their government that there is no way Russia was going to invade and they have said publicly that they were surprised Russia attacked.

There is no way NATO and the US don't get dragged into this. In the 90's Ukraine had the 3rd most nuclear weapons in the world, they agreed to the join the nuclear proliferation treaty in exchange for a promise by the US and NATO that they would be protected even though Ukraine is not part of NATO. If NATO stands by and does nothing, then NATO is worthless.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is no way NATO and the US don't get dragged into this. In the 90's Ukraine had the 3rd most nuclear weapons in the world, they agreed to the join the nuclear proliferation treaty in exchange for a promise by the US and NATO that they would be protected even though Ukraine is not part of NATO. If NATO stands by and does nothing, then NATO is worthless.
Good points. You are probably right. This is all very troubling.