• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Russia Invades Ukraine AND Chinese Aircraft Enter Taiwan Airspace

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I get that, but I don't think he wants to go to war with NATO and especially the U.S. That is a war I don't think Russia would survive/win, unless it goes nuclear, which is bad. They picked off Crimea, they will most likely pick off Ukraine. He pretty much assumes/knows that at least at this point the only resistance would be the Ukraine Military and Sanctions. If NATO gets involved, Then China may get involved in some way or something.

What I have been thinking about is, "Is there something that He Wants that is big enough to wind this down and back out of the Ukraine?" I can't quite figure that out. Is the true Angle to just grab Ukraine, or is there something else that this would be used for leverage.
He already threatened the use of nuclear weapons against anyone in his way.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is no way NATO and the US don't get dragged into this. In the 90's Ukraine had the 3rd most nuclear weapons in the world, they agreed to the join the nuclear proliferation treaty in exchange for a promise by the US and NATO that they would be protected even though Ukraine is not part of NATO. If NATO stands by and does nothing, then NATO is worthless.
Ukraine gave up their nuclear weapons and materials in exchange for security and sovereignty guarantees with Russia.
Not NATO.

--

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
theres gonna be a world war 3 once china enters into the mix

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
theres gonna be a world war 3 once china enters into the mix
It would seem China wants nothing to do with this, but it is a learning opportunity to take Taiwan. Even then, the US views Taiwan as part of China, so it is even easier when they do take over.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
It would seem China wants nothing to do with this, but it is a learning opportunity to take Taiwan. Even then, the US views Taiwan as part of China, so it is even easier when they do take over.
The US does not look at Taiwan as china. We sell our defense weapons to them. F-16 and our patriot systems. we currently run drills with them

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I don't think China will get involved, as I honestly don't think they give a shit about anyone except China. The Chinese have, and most likely will continue, to play both sides. They need the commerce relationship they have with the U.S. and the west, and benefit from military and other relationships with Russia.

Regarding China and Taiwan, I honestly don't know what to think.

Jim

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I remember a simpler time last year when I had to just worry about Covid and if I could get time to go out on the boat. :rolleyes:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The US does not look at Taiwan as china. We sell our defense weapons to them. F-16 and our patriot systems. we currently run drills with them
It's confusing subject, but the One-China policy lays it out.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
hope Poland isn't next, it would make for short boating season for me 😒

--

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
My Taiwanese friends hate being called chinese. its still maybe one china policy. because china wants to be the big bully. but even our own military do not consider them china otherwise we wouldnt be able to sell our defense weapons to them.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There was a lot of denial in the media and the government should've evacuated citizens sooner. There is gridlock on the highways. They are sitting ducks.
Evacuated... where?
Where do you think they can go?

you do realize they can't cross into EU without a visa?

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
All war talk aside...just watching the speach and my opinion is that he needs a surrogate speaker to talk to the World. Thinking...The Rock or Jason Mamoa would be better at this. [flag]

Last edited:

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here comes $6-7 a gallon of gas. We are so weak. Not sure why we care about Ukraine when we turn a blind eye to our own borders. Oh wait, a certain family has tie$ to Ukraine. Makes sense lol.
Why are we weak? What would the strong move be when you note we shouldn’t care about Russia invading Ukraine and soon sharing a border with NATO countries?
I sure hope gas prices are our only problem here but I’m not hopeful.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Evacuated... where?
Where do you think they can go?

you do realize they can't cross into EU without a visa?
You do realize Poland is now offering help and probably would have accepted refugees before they invaded.
Also the capital is practically on the boarder. There is more Ukraine to the west!

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Why are we weak? What would the strong move be when you note we shouldn’t care about Russia invading Ukraine and soon sharing a border with NATO countries?
I sure hope gas prices are our only problem here but I’m not hopeful.
need to open up back the oil pipe line from cananda that they cancelled i think back in May so we can get back to lower gas prices

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From what I understand, Poland has opened up their border to anyone fleeing with or without Visa, or documentation. Real tough to verify anything with the myraid of news networks, media as well internet sites.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
need to open up back the gas pipe line from cananda that they cancelled i think back in May so we can get back to lower gas prices
It would’ve supplied like 830,000 barrells.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
From what I understand, Poland has opened up their boarder to anyone fleeing with or without Visa, or documentation. Real tough to verify anything with the myraid of news networks, media as well internet sites.
They started preparing Feb. 14! Germany even offered help too!

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Biden speech was worry some barely any questions were answered. Why not sanction the ever living hell out of them? You sanctioned them but then shut of SWIFT as well!