• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Russia Invades Ukraine AND Chinese Aircraft Enter Taiwan Airspace

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From what I understand, Poland has opened up their border to anyone fleeing with or without Visa, or documentation. Real tough to verify anything with the myraid of news networks, media as well internet sites.
I'm not defending the actions of the Ukrainian government.

My point was more that they did not have that option (of evacuating citizen to Poland) prior to the Russian invasion.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Biden speech was worry some barely any questions were answered. Why not sanction the ever living hell out of them? You sanctioned them but then shut of SWIFT as well!
he probably working with the russians in helping them take over Ukraine since he got caught doing deals with them through his son. this is ukraine's punishment for snitching on the Biden's lol.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Didn't I read somewhere that Putin indicated that if SWIFT is sanctioned that he will take that as a "Declaration of War"? Can't seem to find where I read that earlier today.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
thank God, at least we didn't have a POTUS act like a Russian pawn, imagine that!
:banghead:
More media non-sense.

There is a reason this didn't happen during the last administration.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I can’t imagine the chaos had the Ukrainian govt told their people to flee. If there is a hint of storm we have a run on gas and food supplies. Putin is a bully that needs his ass kicked.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
All war talk aside...just watching the speach and my opion is that he needs a surrogate speaker to talk to the World. Thinking...The Rock or Jason Mamoa would be better at this. [flag]
He definitely doesn't put fear into anyone. Reagan would of put his thumb down on this MoFo.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
More media non-sense.
you're right. there was no putin adulation whatsoever. all media nonsense, sure the guy was really tough on him off camera...

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I'm going to start filling my gas cans today. We're in for a brutal B.O.A.T. season...

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Kind of curious about the Chinese aircraft and Taiwanese airspace in the title of the thread on Ukraine invasion...

Anyhow, I'm out of this thread before I get myself permanently banned from the forum.

You gents have at it!

--

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
you're right. there was no putin adulation whatsoever. all media nonsense, sure the guy was really tough on him off camera...
History speaks for its self. The current administration has allowed quite a bit to occur in a little over a year. Taiwan will be next.

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Biden speech was worry some barely any questions were answered. Why not sanction the ever living hell out of them? You sanctioned them but then shut of SWIFT as well!
Russia already came out and said that they may consider it an act of war if SWIFT is shut off. Additionally, it’s been reported that many EU countries were not in favor of shutting off SWIFT. This is round one of the push back.

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Russia already came out and said that they may consider it an act of war if SWIFT is shut off. Additionally, it’s been reported that many EU countries were not in favor of shutting off SWIFT. This is round one of the push back.
I was unaware of that statement from the EU and Putin. Thanks!:thumbsup:

Taylorman

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Kind of curious about the Chinese aircraft and Taiwanese airspace in the title of the thread on Ukraine invasion...

Anyhow, I'm out of this thread before I get myself permanently banned from the forum.

You gents have at it!

--
9 planes were spotted in Taiwan airspace but more were in their space last month. Also happened a few times in ‘21. I don’t think the timing is a coincidence though. Probably more of a warning that China may back Russia’s play if we go to war (just my guess). Media is calling it a “learning” opportunity for China.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Here is Biden talking to Putin:

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
9 planes were spotted in Taiwan airspace but more were in their space last month. Also happened a few times in ‘21. I don’t think the timing is a coincidence though. Probably more of a warning that China may back Russia’s play if we go to war (just my guess). Media is calling it a “learning” opportunity for China.
It tells me that Russia and China think the US is weak with Biden as our President, and are testing the waters to see what he'll do. They should of let Patton continue into Russia when he wanted to. They thought he was a madman. Now who is the madman?

Txbred

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
o_O
Didn't I read somewhere that Putin indicated that if SWIFT is sanctioned that he will take that as a "Declaration of War"? Can't seem to find where I read that earlier today.
I'm not sure about the SWIFT comment, but he did consider sanctions as an act of war so buckle up its about to get rough.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
need to open up back the oil pipe line from cananda that they cancelled i think back in May so we can get back to lower gas prices
It would’ve supplied like 830,000 barrells.

While @TX_Mercenary's comment is bordering on political discussion, which is not allowed on this forum it is important to point out that the Keystone XL was not an operating pipeline and was not able of pumping any oil in this timeframe. Keystone XL was a planned expansion of the Keystone Pipeline which is operating as it has for more than a decade. The XL expansion was stopped by court order in 2018, if not earlier, and ended by a United States Supreme Court decision in 2020. The oil that might have been transferred to the XL expansion is moving by truck and rail.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah....this is a complicated problem for sure.....but we all also play a part in this. Polls say that Americans don't want to interfere. Should the President do the bidding of the people?

How is this different than Germany invading Poland?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Germany and Poland are part of NATO.
Ummmm you do realize I was talking about WWII and NATO wasn't formed until 1949......:rolleyes:

Interesting reading the various poll data:

Here is a snippet:
Despite the mixed opinions on the broad contours of American foreign intervention, some of these questions also exposed partisan and age differences in public attitudes. For instance, in both surveys, about 3 in 5 Democrats preferred supporting Ukraine over staying out or backing Russia, while about half of Republicans and more than half of independents preferred to support neither country. But while Americans under 45 tend to be more Democratic-leaning, they were more likely to say the U.S. should support neither country — or that they weren’t sure — while older Americans felt more strongly that the U.S. should support Ukraine.​
The age splits could reflect lingering anti-Russian views among older Americans who remember the Cold War. Polling from The Economist/YouGov last week found that about half of Americans ages 45 or older viewed Russia as an “enemy” of the U.S., while only around a quarter of those under 45 said the same. The divide may also reflect the skepticism that many young Americans have toward American military intervention, as many came of age during the lengthy and troubled wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.​