• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 255 open

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
FB_IMG_1505073370898.jpg FB_IMG_1505073416387.jpg FB_IMG_1505073396466.jpg FB_IMG_1505073382165.jpg Just saw these posted on the scarab Facebook page. I like it!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well. I won't be placing my order for the 210FSH just quite yet I reckon...

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's pretty cool

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
25'center console, 500 hp.... They better make sure it has some sexiness or my wife won't even look at it!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Yeah, she says if the tower was just a bit cooler looking....
I honestly want to see how big that changing room is because that could be AWESOME

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man if this deck is self draining overboard I may be making a switch.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They must have taken it down as I dont see it on facebook.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've been looking everywhere and can't find nothing. I'm all over it though, Yamaha dropped the ball by not making a 240FSH this year and puttin TR1's in the 210. If this is really happening, it's mine.

Anyone know the actual Scarab 2018 release date?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been looking everywhere and can't find nothing. I'm all over it though, Yamaha dropped the ball by not making a 240FSH this year and puttin TR1's in the 210. If this is really happening, it's mine.

Anyone know the actual Scarab 2018 release date?
Yamaha didn't release a 240 FSH because they are waiting till they make the change from the 240 models to the 250 models it made no sense for them to release a 240 FSH when a remodel of the 240 series is coming. Not sure if it is in the 2019 model year or 2020 model year though.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If they stay true to form, it'll be 2o2o. Maybe I'll be ready to trade my 255 Open in by then ;)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If they stay true to form, it'll be 2o2o. Maybe I'll be ready to trade my 255 Open in by then ;)
I don't think the Yamaha version will be anywhere near a sexy as that Scarab if that's truly how it will look.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Actual measurements, is the 255 series a full foot longer than the yamaha 242's?
Yamaha didn't release a 240 FSH because they are waiting till they make the change from the 240 models to the 250 models it made no sense for them to release a 240 FSH when a remodel of the 240 series is coming. Not sure if it is in the 2019 model year or 2020 model year though.
And when is this 250 model release? All new hull or new top side that hangs over another foot?
Would love a bit more wave cutting to the boats front end. Granted i am on the rounded version of the 21' boats.
And of course if there is ever a need for r&d i can put a boat through the paces real quick

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Excuse my ignorance, but what is the advantage of a center console?

Floyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
When you are fighting a large fish you can work the line around the boat without interferrence from seats, bimini's, tower supports, and windshields. Not having big outboards sticking down is also a plus.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What @Floyd said. Plus the helm is way farther back which helps in rough water as the boat pivots at the stern - you are sitting/standing closer to the stern.

--

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm ignorant as well, but why are you guys in a jet powered ski/wake/bowrider/runabout if what you truly desire is a 25' center console fishing boat?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm ignorant as well, but why are you guys in a jet powered ski/wake/bowrider/runabout if what you truly desire is a 25' center console fishing boat?

The same question could be asked of the guys trying to wakesurf with these things.

For me, it has nothing to do with fishing. I don't really fish. I didn't even like CC boats before I had my FSH. I love the layout, and the way it handles. I love the leaning position to drive, in the middle of the boat. I just love it. I just wish mine was bigger and more powerful. This seems like a dream come true, but I bet it gets priced out of reality when it comes to fruition.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've never driven a CC so I don't know anything about it's advantages as far as driving. I just assumed it was the superior fishing layout, but inferior entertaining platform.

I also agree that these aren't wake boats. So if you are buying the top of the line Yamaha/Scarab specifically for wakesurfing/boarding your money could probably be spent better elsewhere. That being said not all Scarabs/Yamaha customers have a 80k+ budget so some may be compromising on watersport capability for a boat they can afford.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I had my choice I would have bought a Seahunt 24 Edge but the boss trumped me as it didn't have a comfortable seating arrangement. If the 255 open has the seating arrangement as pictured and the fold down swim platform as pictured it is probably a layout I could sell to the boss and get approval. Even still I would like to see someone come out with a true 24ft + offshore boat that is jet powered I would be sold on something like that as the 255 open is still not really an offshore center console freeboard in the front is still to low.