• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 255 open

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@ClemsonTiger - just to be clear, I agree with you that a jet boat makes a crappy trolling boat! The 24' boats with keels and rudder are getting there, and perhaps with one of the big addon fins they'd almost be tolerable, but only just. So yes, you can express your opinions here, we'd just prefer you not 1) bait other members repeatedly, 2) use the dislike post rating as a weapon.

Also, CC boats are very popular offshore boats not just for fishing, but as general cruisers. Why? It is all about the location of the the helm....most CC put the helm WAY more towards the stern. This makes taking waves while driving much more tollerable - and thus makes a nicer offshore vessel. It also puts the helm at the center line which both balances the boat better when alone and when a stand up helm, avoids more wave spray (the stand up CC helm is alse nicer to take waves on). None of these have anything to do with fishing, but are attractive to people wanting to zip around offshore.

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hey!! That ignore button really works!! ;)

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well that escalated quickly. Kudos for the moderators/admins keeping cool over it.

Back to CC pleasure boats. I for one am interested if for no other reason than the look of them. The have a sportier look than a traditional bowrider. I also see some definite advantages to being able to walk around the helm when docking and tieing up to other boats (like seriously 50% of my time on the water).

That tailgate has me intrigued as well. Very interesting take on the back of a boat, and how it should work/function.

I really hope the local Scarab dealer has one here soon !

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You know, I think the ride in rough water, managing rough water, seeing the water, and all that you mentioned too @2kwik4u , about dock handling, makes this platform great for a variety of duties, such as a Great Lake Powell boat! But I think a couple 300 Yamahas on the back of a great CC would be a better approach for rough or big water. A year or two ago, we were driving down to the keys just for a day trip. I saw a very large CC with FOUR Yamaha outboards on her, I think that host could handle anything!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@txav8r those high powered CC's I saw at the Lake Cumberland Poker Run were setup just like that. (4) 400hp Outboards on the back of 36-40ft CC hulls. Haul the mail down the lake in 2-3ft waves from all the traffic and the chicks in bikinis (that just so happened to match the boat) weren't getting a drop of spray on them, or spilling their drinks for that matter.

It's a cool look with some neat features. While clearly not for everyone, I think they'll make a strong showing in the market place if they get the pricing and marketing right.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would love to get a whaler outrage 420. Those are amazing boats.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The only issue I have with the CCs is the layout just doesn't lend itself to lounging and spending time on the hook. But dang, running down the lake or across open ocean, it sure is capable there.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A friend bought a new seahunt 21 ultra and it sucks in semi rough seas. It is built more family than fishing. The hardtop frame has been getting loose everytime he goes offshore
Though i think its a great boat for cruising and hanging on the river

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A friend bought a new seahunt 21 ultra and it sucks in semi rough seas. It is built more family than fishing. The hardtop frame has been getting loose everytime he goes offshore
Though i think its a great boat for cruising and hanging on the river
Sea Hunts can be descent off shore boats but the 21 ft model is still a little small to be out in rough seas. He really needs to get into the 24ft+ range to get into a moderately capable model. If he got into a 25ft Sea Hunt Gamefish he would see a world of difference.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think he was trying to keep price point under 50 grand and keep it easily trailable too

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I see this is on the Scarab website now. I have also seen a few listings on various sites. Anyone see one in person yet?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Haven't seen one in person, and neither had the local scarab Dealer at the boat show last weekend. I do have the Scarab brochure with the 255 Open in it if anyone wants a scan/pictures.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Starting to see some videos on these now interesting they incorporated the wake sports features into these. The soft touch graphics that also work as a bumper are a great idea I wonder if @JetBoatPilot could do something like this with seadek for the Yamaha boats.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Was at the Miami boat show this past Saturday. Walked by the FSH 21 and had no desire to get in it. Also walked by the 255 open and I had to get in it. It was very underwhelming especially for the price. The beam was extremely narrow and it just had a “cheap” overall feel and design.

I’d really hate for someone to impulse buy one of these and regret it later, as it will most definitely happen, but if it’s what someone wants, more power to them...

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was at the Miami boat show this past Saturday. Walked by the FSH 21 and had no desire to get in it. Also walked by the 255 open and I had to get in it. It was very underwhelming especially for the price. The beam was extremely narrow and it just had a “cheap” overall feel and design.

I’d really hate for someone to impulse buy one of these and regret it later, as it will most definitely happen, but if it’s what someone wants, more power to them...
The funny thing is that the original pictures I saw this thing looked pretty sweet not something I would buy but kind of cool. Even just watching the Video I said the same thing to my self it looks to have a cheap feel to it.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Those side pads are pretty cool. We could definitely to it if there was enough demand!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you used those SeaDek type side graphics as true bumpers they would look like dog butt within the first season and then you'd have to buy new ones of live with a thrashed looking boat. I don't know what kind of docks you guys pull into but I've never seen a pristine dock without a nail head sticking out somewhere or a rough coping somewhere along the dock sides. Also I don't see how those offer any real impact protection other than on a flat lake day with zero wind and other boats to make waves. It's a neat look but I don't really see it holding up to real use.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
If you used those SeaDek type side graphics as true bumpers they would look like dog butt within the first season and then you'd have to buy new ones of live with a thrashed looking boat. I don't know what kind of docks you guys pull into but I've never seen a pristine dock without a nail head sticking out somewhere or a rough coping somewhere along the dock sides. Also I don't see how those offer any real impact protection other than on a flat lake day with zero wind and other boats to make waves. It's a neat look but I don't really see it holding up to real use.
Depends on how hard to replace! Would be a good way to protect hull and even change up design year to year!
When time to sell clean it off and no scratches!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Depends on how hard to replace! Would be a good way to protect hull and even change up design year to year!
When time to sell clean it off and no scratches!
Using a rubber eraser on a power drill and lots of sweat and elbow grease to remove the adhesive each year would get old fast and doesn't sound like my kind of fun. I'd rather be boating!