• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 255 open

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm enjoying @ClemsonTiger insisting that everyone is a lemming for thinking of new uses for an old design, while he follows the age old mindset that center consoles are good for only fishing.

I can imagine a lot of old farmers back in the day insisting that horses should only be used to plow fields, not for riding on trails for the fun of it.

I'm not sure he understands what "being a lemming" means.

Ah young Padawan...please tell me when I ever said they are ONLY good for fishing....PLEASE!

Yet another made up claim to try and make a point.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ah young Padawan...please tell me when I ever said they are ONLY good for fishing....PLEASE!

Yet another made up claim to try and make a point.
You didn't have to say it to be heard :D

In other thoughts, has anyone seen one other than the Ft Laurderdale Show? Anyone know if Scarab has a presence in the Louisville/Cincinnati/Indianapolis/Nashville area? I might travel to see this thing in person :D

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Many people myself included prefer the center console driving position and the leaning post over the typical cockpit seat a bow rider offers but has no need for s fishing boat and I'm sure that's the crowd they are going after. Heck if I didn't think it would just look stupid as hell I would remove the captains chair from my Yamaha and add some type of leaning post style seat as I always stand and drive I very rarely seat as I prefer the higher viewing point.
You are certainly not the only one to feel that way!!
In addition to that, a huge advantage of CC driving position is that it's generally pushed back a good couple of feet - so there is way less up and down action in the driver seat when in rough water.

--

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You didn't have to say it to be heard :D

In other thoughts, has anyone seen one other than the Ft Laurderdale Show? Anyone know if Scarab has a presence in the Louisville/Cincinnati/Indianapolis/Nashville area? I might travel to see this thing in person :D
Ah I see how this works now! Anyone can make anything up and then extrapolate that into any assumptions they want to make. That works out perfectly! That way no one is ever wrong because they can just make up crap to prove themselves correct. Magnificent...why didn't I think of this before?!?!?

What I DID SAY, is that a CC without rod holders is a joke and a comical engineering mistake made by a company that knows nothing other than bowriders! Same as Yamaha did with the FSH 190, no cup holders. Idiots!

So now that it is cleared up...what made up statements will be extrapolated from that?????

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Ah I see how this works now! Anyone can make anything up and then extrapolate that into any assumptions they want to make. That works out perfectly! That way no one is ever wrong because they can just make up crap to prove themselves correct. Magnificent...why didn't I think of this before?!?!?

What I DID SAY, is that a CC without rod holders is a joke and a comical engineering mistake made by a company that knows nothing other than bowriders! Same as Yamaha did with the FSH 190, no cup holders. Idiots!

So now that it is cleared up...what made up statements will be extrapolated from that?????
I would like to extrapolate that means scarab has now started producing 26' cuddy cabins.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It seems that Clemson is very combative with whatever anyone says. Maybe time to troll the other boat forums?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm trying to find the logic of this thread, or more like its contents...

So let me be the voice of reason. Ill try my best to be as PC as possible.

Johnny makes 120k a year. He usually has some cash left over after he pays his bills, and he has a good wife that for right this minute isn't going through perimenopause, so his paycheck is safe at this point in his life. Johnny wants a toy, something to get him away from reality for a a short time, and some times, the rest of the family will be allowed to enjoy this toy as well.

Knowing all of this, and knowing that he wants to be out in the water, he makes one of the worst financial mistakes that anyone can make, and purchases a boat. But he didnt like the dual console/cruiser looking boats. Why? Because this dude wants to show off to his friends. He will never fish a day in his life, but shit it will feel good to have the means to do it if he ever changes his mind. Heck, Johnny drives a 1 tone truck that lifted on 42s, and that thing has never seen a bit of dirt in its life.

So what does he do? He gets that nice CC. Man what a nice boat! That fucker moves too. There will never be a bit of blood in that boat that isn't his, but damn that thing looks nice going to the docks.

So what is the moral of the story??

If you have the money, and want to throw it away the Merica! way. Then who cares what the heck they spend it on?

The Scarab CC are solid boats. They will be getting a whole lot better in 2019 BELIEVE ME!! If I were to do it again, I would have purchased the CC.

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm trying to find the logic of this thread, or more like its contents...

So let me be the voice of reason. Ill try my best to be as PC as possible.

Johnny makes 120k a year. He usually has some cash left over after he pays his bills, and he has a good wife that for right this minute isn't going through perimenopause, so his paycheck is safe at this point in his life. Johnny wants a toy, something to get him away from reality for a a short time, and some times, the rest of the family will be allowed to enjoy this toy as well.

Knowing all of this, and knowing that he wants to be out in the water, he makes one of the worst financial mistakes that anyone can make, and purchases a boat. But he didnt like the dual console/cruiser looking boats. Why? Because this dude wants to show off to his friends. He will never fish a day in his life, but shit it will feel good to have the means to do it if he ever changes his mind. Heck, Johnny drives a 1 tone truck that lifted on 42s, and that thing has never seen a bit of dirt in its life.

So what does he do? He gets that nice CC. Man what a nice boat! That fucker moves too. There will never be a bit of blood in that boat that isn't his, but damn that thing looks nice going to the docks.

So what is the moral of the story??

If you have the money, and want to throw it away the Merica! way. Then who cares what the heck they spend it on?

The Scarab CC are solid boats. They will be getting a whole lot better in 2019 BELIEVE ME!! If I were to do it again, I would have purchased the CC.

2 impossible points:
"He will never fish a day in his life, but shit it will feel good to have the means to do it if he ever changes his mind."

DAMN HARD TO FISH WITH NO ROD HOLDERS!

DAMN HARD TO FISH WHEN YOU CAN'T LET GO OF THE WHEEL CAUSE THE BOAT (Jet) WON'T TRACK STRAIGHT!

A more accurate statement would be "He will never fish a day in his life but shit, he should would like other people to think he does."

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im not into scuba diving but a lot of people are looks like with the tail gate it mite work well

It seems that Clemson is very combative with whatever anyone says. Maybe time to troll the other boat forums?
I have not been able to get that other site to load.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2 impossible points:
"He will never fish a day in his life, but shit it will feel good to have the means to do it if he ever changes his mind."

DAMN HARD TO FISH WHEN YOU CAN'T LET GO OF THE WHEEL CAUSE THE BOAT (Jet) WON'T TRACK STRAIGHT!

A more accurate statement would be "He will never fish a day in his life but shit, he should would like other people to think he does."
When I was a kid I fished a LOT without a boat. Dock didn't have rod holders or a wheel. It's amazing I survived.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We fish off of our AR230 several times per year. No rod holders, and we still manage to catch fish. The swim platform is great if you want to anchor out and fish. The wakeboard racks hold big poles well too.

Here are my buddy and his son a couple of weeks ago. Not one rod holder on the boat.

fishing on boat.jpg
fishing on boat2.jpg

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
When I was a kid I fished a LOT without a boat. Dock didn't have rod holders or a wheel. It's amazing I survived.
Wow, what a great way to completely change the subject of the conversation.

Take the boat in question completely out of the conversation to make a point about the boat itself. Amazing!

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We fish off of our AR230 several times per year. No rod holders, and we still manage to catch fish. The swim platform is great if you want to anchor out and fish. The wakeboard racks hold big poles well too.

Here are my buddy and his son a couple of weeks ago. Not one rod holder on the boat.

View attachment 65847
View attachment 65848
And another great way to make a point about a boat using a non comparative boat. If that boat your on is a CC, it sure is the strangest looking one i've ever seen.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
:rolleyes:I just looked at this thread and only saw that he was still posting. I wish the ignore feature also removed posts when the persons name was spoken.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And another great way to make a point about a boat using a non comparative boat. If that boat your on is a CC, it sure is the strangest looking one i've ever seen.
Just trying to show that it is possible, and actually not hard to fish with no rod holders. Have a great night. Have a great weekend.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
930DEFD4-C9D1-4348-B557-2EA1AA2DCCD7.gif

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's my understanding there's gonna be a fishing version, wake version, and G version. I imagine the fishing version just might have the option for rod holders. Hard to believe they'd have different models like that, I know, but those Scarab guys are wacky!

I only need one rod holder regardless, to mount my grill in. I can add that one. Who cares? I'll likely buy the Sea Hunt anyway. Ultra. And I'll order it without T-top, and no rod holders if I can get it that way. And it'll be perfect for me.