• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Scarab 255 open

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The question you posed does not have an answer. No CC exist that are designed and marketed as pleasure boats. There are many CC that have more comfort features over functional feature. Scout, Pursuit, Robalo, Boston Whaler etc.

A lot of those CC boats (Comfort over Function) are good at a lot of things but great at nothing. Either the upholstery or layout does not lend itself to fishing or the features are not as accommodating for pleasure boating over other types of boats.

If your a fishing boat, be one. If your a pleasure boat, be one. When you try to be both, you end up being neither.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ahhhh, the elusive CC pleasure boat ( I guess it depends on what you definition of pleasure is)
Heyday WT-1

I would have gladly taken my dad's 21 CC for our family's enjoyment, as long as there's a rope attachment point and seats for people to sit, the rest is just a matter of expectations,

upload_2017-11-7_9-21-19.jpeg

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The question you posed does not have an answer. No CC exist that are designed and marketed as pleasure boats. There are many CC that have more comfort features over functional feature. Scout, Pursuit, Robalo, Boston Whaler etc.

A lot of those CC boats (Comfort over Function) are good at a lot of things but great at nothing. Either the upholstery or layout does not lend itself to fishing or the features are not as accommodating for pleasure boating over other types of boats.

If your a fishing boat, be one. If your a pleasure boat, be one. When you try to be both, you end up being neither.

http://www.conceptboats.com/default.aspx

This is marketed as a Pleasure craft. You won't see any fishing pole in their adds

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
http://www.conceptboats.com/default.aspx

This is marketed as a Pleasure craft. You won't see any fishing pole in their adds
Funny how they have the word "FISH" in the name of the boat model(s) LMAO.

AGAIN, I point you back to my previous post.

"Scouring the internet to find a single instance of whatever point anyone is trying to make will most likely have a solution.
Just cause an example exists does not prove a point. Obtuse."

In addition, the example boat manufacture you provided are market for LAKES and/or WATERSPORTS. Nice attempt but it falls short.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
oh, I thought we were just talking about CC non-fishing boats, you're interested in CC, non-lake, non-watersports boats, non-fishing boats

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I’m not looking for anything. Someone asked for CC cruisers.

Not CC wakesport, not CC fishing, not CC “hybrid”.

People will continue to scour the internet in hopes of finding some obscure example to prove someone wrong.

If anyone submits a nonprototypical response or if someone goes against the group thought...it drives everyone crazy cause they can no longer figure out which way is up. “What do you mean xyz is not the greatest thing on earth?” Aaaaahhh tormented lol!

Last edited:

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was just curious which other boats CC serviced the same market. I don't really think those custom made millionaires boats are really who Scarab is trying to compete with here. I think the closest are probably a fishing/comfort hybrids that different manufacturers make. I am not aware of the pros of CC outside of fishing. I personally don't like the layout of CC for the way I boat, but different strokes. I am no fisherman. I think there is a tradeoff as you get more room to move around (for fishing that's huge) but when everyone is seated it's the equivalent of a theatre where people in the back are staring at the backs of people in front of them vs the lounge atmosphere of a side console. So to get that party atmosphere you would have to all be standing around the console vs sitting in the J lounge of a traditional watersport platform.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You think boats are bad, you should try shopping for a bicycle these days. Do you want a mountain bike, road bike, gravel bike, adventure bike, touring bike, hybrid bike, bikepacking bike. What frame material? Carbon fiber, aluminum, steel, titanium. (all with various grades). What kind of suspension? rigid, front, full, lefty? Tire size? 700C, 29er, 29+, 650b, 650b+, 26, 24, 24 fat (how fat 3,4,5in?). What components? Sram, Campy, Shimano? What level of these components? Wheels? you want carbon, aluminum? Hub size? 148, 142, 138, 100, QR or ThruAxle or threaded? Brakes? Rim brakes, disk brakes, cantilever......I could go on for days. Bike manufacturers are having a hard time keeping up, most categories are going out the window because alot of these bikes are blurring the lines between a mountain bike or road bike.

The point is everyone wants what they want because we all use our boat/bike/whatever for different purposes. And if you want XYZ in a boat/bike/whatever then there is a manufacturer out there that will give it to you. I for one like that there are lots of choices. That way I spend more time researching this crap and less time buying anything and that way my bank account still has money in it. o_O

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You think boats are bad, you should try shopping for a bicycle these days. Do you want a mountain bike, road bike, gravel bike, adventure bike, touring bike, hybrid bike, bikepacking bike. What frame material? Carbon fiber, aluminum, steel, titanium. (all with various grades). What kind of suspension? rigid, front, full, lefty? Tire size? 700C, 29er, 29+, 650b, 650b+, 26, 24, 24 fat (how fat 3,4,5in?). What components? Sram, Campy, Shimano? What level of these components? Wheels? you want carbon, aluminum? Hub size? 148, 142, 138, 100, QR or ThruAxle or threaded? Brakes? Rim brakes, disk brakes, cantilever......I could go on for days. Bike manufacturers are having a hard time keeping up, most categories are going out the window because alot of these bikes are blurring the lines between a mountain bike or road bike.

The point is everyone wants what they want because we all use our boat/bike/whatever for different purposes. And if you want XYZ in a boat/bike/whatever then there is a manufacturer out there that will give it to you. I for one like that there are lots of choices. That way I spend more time researching this crap and less time buying anything and that way my bank account still has money in it. o_O
I can definitely relate to this as I just recently purchased a bike. The internet and unlimited information definitely exacerbates the issue. Outside a few broad categories 90% would never know the difference because we don't get to the level where it matters. You convince yourself if you use your specialized bike/boat/whatever for something other than it's specialized purpose it's going to explode.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So what are some legit CC cruisers? Or is it people using CC fishing boats as cruisers? I'm not asking out of attack, but ignorance. I don't know anything about this market, but I don't really see these pics of these extreme (incredibly expensive) CC go fast boats as examples of what you guys are talking about.
Best I can tell.......The super extreme go fast expensive boats started the segment, and Scarab is attempting to cash in on the movement early with a lower price point. $70k for a 25ft boat isn't a bad deal no matter how you slice it, and this is just another form factor to grab more attention, and hopefully some more sales. Hell, we're 7 pages into it already and nobody can even buy one yet :D

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Best I can tell.......The super extreme go fast expensive boats started the segment, and Scarab is attempting to cash in on the movement early with a lower price point. $70k for a 25ft boat isn't a bad deal no matter how you slice it, and this is just another form factor to grab more attention, and hopefully some more sales. Hell, we're 7 pages into it already and nobody can even buy one yet :D
The super extreme go fast expensive boats started what segment????

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
ClemsonTiger said:
The super extreme go fast expensive boats started what segment????
The "center console layout intended for something other than fishing" segment......I think......I'm no industry expert so keep that in mind.

ClemsonTiger said:
A leopard doesn’t wear stripes. Might as well talk to a wall. I’m done with it, have at it.

Group thought without a single unique trait.
Moral of the story here as best I can tell; everyone spends their nickels differently. You don't want to spend yours on a CC that doesn't have a rod holder, and I don't think I would mind spending mine on a CC wake boat. Just because you don't like it, or don't understand it doesn't make it stupid, wrong, or bad......just different.

Just think if Thomas Edison had thought that candles and oil lamps did a fine job and there wasn't any reason to consider any other options. Sure would be dark around here!

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The "center console layout intended for something other than fishing" segment......I think......I'm no industry expert so keep that in mind.

Moral of the story here as best I can tell; everyone spends their nickels differently. You don't want to spend yours on a CC that doesn't have a rod holder, and I don't think I would mind spending mine on a CC wake boat. Just because you don't like it, or don't understand it doesn't make it stupid, wrong, or bad......just different.

Just think if Thomas Edison had thought that candles and oil lamps did a fine job and there wasn't any reason to consider any other options. Sure would be dark around here!
So, moral of the story is that I’m not allowed to have an opinion that differs from the group (lemmings) opinion.

Got it!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, moral of the story is that I’m not allowed to have an opinion that differs from the group (lemmings) opinion.

Got it!
Nope, read that completely 100% wrong.

We all have unique opinions, and yours is a valid one. "Why the hell do you want a center console without any rod holders?" is a fine and valid opinion. I think they are a a great idea, and a fresh look on an existing layout.

Don't be so pessimistic :D

ClemsonTiger

REJECTED / BANNED
REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Nope, read that completely 100% wrong.

We all have unique opinions, and yours is a valid one. "Why the hell do you want a center console without any rod holders?" is a fine and valid opinion. I think they are a a great idea, and a fresh look on an existing layout.

Don't be so pessimistic :D
Are you sure?

Completely 100% wrong?

Not completely 50% wrong or partially 100% wrong? :cool:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you sure?

Completely 100% wrong?

Not completely 50% wrong or partially 100% wrong? :cool:
I suppose I could've been more redundant......let me give it a second try.

Completely, 100%, totally, entirely, wholly, thoroughly, fully, utterly, absolutely, perfectly, unreservedly, unconditionally, quite, altogether, downright wrong.

:D :D

All in good fun right :D :D

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussions :D :D

Scottdip

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I hope the forum moderators are enjoying the direction this thread is headed.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hope the forum moderators are enjoying the direction this thread is headed.
I'm enjoying @ClemsonTiger insisting that everyone is a lemming for thinking of new uses for an old design, while he follows the age old mindset that center consoles are good for only fishing.

I can imagine a lot of old farmers back in the day insisting that horses should only be used to plow fields, not for riding on trails for the fun of it.

I'm not sure he understands what "being a lemming" means.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not going back and reading through the pages to see what's going on here but I can jump in slightly on this as I fall into the weird catagory on boats. I want an offshore boat that performs like a 24 -26 ft whaler but has the comfortable layout of a bow rider so there is a butt for every seat. No the scarab open doesn't fall into my catagory but surely it does fall into someones. Many people myself included prefer the center console driving position and the leaning post over the typical cockpit seat a bow rider offers but has no need for s fishing boat and I'm sure that's the crowd they are going after. Heck if I didn't think it would just look stupid as hell I would remove the captains chair from my Yamaha and add some type of leaning post style seat as I always stand and drive I very rarely seat as I prefer the higher viewing point.